3rd Attempt for a reply from anyone. HELP! My new OSMO Mobile 2 w...
1068 10 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

I am so upset!
I have been waiting and so excited about using my new awesome OSMO Mobile 2.
BUT IT'S NOT TAKING A CHARGE FROM MY PC!
Nooooooooooooo!

Someone said my PC is probably not putting out enough amps to charge it! Noooooooo!

Now what do I do? The OSMO Mobile 2 doesn't come with an A/C Charger. Noooooooooo!

Can I use my Spark the drone R/C Charger?
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
Inspired Flyers Drone Community
Using Drones To Cope With Disabilities

2019-1-16
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, most older PC / Laptops only put out between .5 to 1 Amp via USB, and that's only when awake.
You need a charger outputting 2A or above, so a phone charger or the like should be ok.
From reading the specs, the Spark charger is 3A so that would be fine, as the Osmo manual says 2A or above for 2 hour charging.

2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 1-16 06:42
Yeah, most older PC / Laptops only put out between .5 to 1 Amp via USB, and that's only when awake.
You need a charger outputting 2A or above, so a phone charger or the like should be ok.
From reading the specs, the Spark charger is 3A so that would be fine, as the Osmo manual says 2A or above for 2 hour charging.

Wow! Thank you bro! Sorry for misunderstanding you earlier. Sometimes my stroke brain does that. Again forgive me please.
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, most older PC / Laptops only put out between .5 to 1 Amp via USB, and that's only when awake.

Odd thing is it's only a 2 year old, Better than average PC. I mean it has a Trillion hard drive bro. HP
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Well I just plugged it in to my r/c charger and it appears to be charging!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Are my facts correct bro?
DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Charging Problem
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aaron Avila Posted at 1-16 07:00
Well I just plugged it in to my r/c charger and it appears to be charging!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
[view_image]

Nice to hear that Aaron you're able to find it out the supply need for charging the Osmo mobile 2 is 5v and 2amp for you to meet the requirement for charging the unit.
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 08:42
Nice to hear that Aaron you're able to find it out the supply need for charging the Osmo mobile 2 is 5v and 2amp for you to meet the requirement for charging the unit.

2019-1-16
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Aaron Avila Posted at 1-16 08:09
Are my facts correct bro?
DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Charging Problem
https://youtu.be/6R2nmZSJkws

Yes, the USB specs for PC's deliver anything from 1/2 to 1 amp maximum.
They are not really designed for battery charging.
Hopefully your Spark charger will do a much better job, probably almost charged by now ?
Seems silly that the Osmo does not come with a charger, but I guess DJI assume everyone has some sort of charger laying around at home.
I will be interested in your thoughts on the Osmo mobile, as I have been trying to convince myself that I need one for ages.
Out of interest, what charger do the Goggles have ?
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 1-16 09:36
Hopefully your Spark charger will do a much better job, probably almost charged by now ?

Bro, not only did it work, my OSMO fully charged in a little less than two hours!
Thanks bro!
Of course I had terrible stroke survivors insomnia last night. Now I have to take a nap versus play with my OSMO!
Sniffle Sniffle lol
2019-1-16
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Harbourside Posted at 1-16 09:36

Don't know. I'll check about the charger on the Goggles.

As far as the OSMO mobile 2 goes .... after countless of hours of research ... for the price ... the OSMO Mobile 2 is a GOT TO HAVE IT BRO!
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules