Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M2E Mavic 2 Enterprise, Waypoint Flying
6396 15 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 2 Zoom Enterprise -  Anyone have any luck with flying waypoints? I could not get GSP or Litchi to work, both apeared as though they would work but they will either not upload the mission or they will say to put drone in P mode even though it IS in P mode.

Would love to get some waypoints out of this machine and also a good option for screeen sharing or mirroring. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
2019-1-16
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't got my M2ED yet, ordered last week BUT, I see that Litchi updated their app for Andriod 1/11/19  to include M2ED/Z .........Are you running the latest ver of Litchi? As soon as I get mine, I'll being trying Litchi
2019-1-16
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Droning 24/7 Posted at 1-16 18:29
Haven't got my M2ED yet, ordered last week BUT, I see that Litchi updated their app for Andriod 1/11/19  to include M2ED/Z .........Are you running the latest ver of Litchi? As soon as I get mine, I'll being trying Litchi

Yeah it was the newest version, it worked for standard flying but no luck with waypoints.

Thanks.
2019-1-16
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

to my knowledge DJI dumbed down the M2E to not have all the fancy auto flying functions of the M2P/Z since the E is meant for search and rescue how is way point useful?
2019-1-16
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-16 18:41
to my knowledge DJI dumbed down the M2E to not have all the fancy auto flying functions of the M2P/Z since the E is meant for search and rescue how is way point useful?

There are a ton of reasons for waypoint flying and grid missions for search and rescue and I am positive their will be a solution at some point either via an update or a 3rd party.

But my clients specific needs are to send the M2E to specific parts of a large high profile property very quickly and to match the location of other cameras on the property.  Time is of essence for this particular client.
2019-1-16
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneMapperGuy Posted at 1-16 18:38
Yeah it was the newest version, it worked for standard flying but no luck with waypoints.

Thanks.

IOS update (2.6.3) he claims flew his M2E using a Litchi waypoint mission

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/litchi-for-m2e.54963/

Wonder why then Litchi's Andriod update (4.10.0) for adding M2E didn't/doesn't work for you to run waypoint missions? I assume your using Andriod?

This is a bit odd then, wonder if you have someting going on perhaps with your specific setup? Or is it then possible that Litchi's update for M2E on Andriod only works half ass and can just fly the AC and not run waypoint missions? Hmmm, weird
2019-1-16
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Droning 24/7 Posted at 1-16 21:25
IOS update (2.6.3) he claims flew his M2E using a Litchi waypoint mission

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/litchi-for-m2e.54963/

Thank you. I will have to post there.

I emailed litchi the specifics of error message and I have not heard from them since Sunday morning when I sent them email.

When flying with litchi it’s asking me to put it in to P mode but it IS but  will not upload mission. If I put it into T mode it will start to upload mission and then give me the error to put it into P mode.
2019-1-16
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the M2E Zoom and can say, not much works as advertised. No WPs and no flight modes like orbit, tap to fly, etc. using DJI Pilot.
2019-1-20
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-16 18:41

Where does DJI say it's for search and rescue. I see Industrial use and by the way, you aren't forced to use all the features if they are there, you can still use the dumbed down version.
2019-1-22
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

bezdog Posted at 1-22 19:23
Where does DJI say it's for search and rescue. I see Industrial use and by the way, you aren't forced to use all the features if they are there, you can still use the dumbed down version.

no im saying the auto flight modes and such on the M2 P/Z arent on the E because you dont really need hyperlapse and up and out, and circle for a work drone.

And i say for search and rescue cause why else would you need a drone with a bright spot light and speaker? they advertise the spot light for finding people at night. and the speaker to replay short recorded messages.
2019-1-23
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-23 16:40
no im saying the auto flight modes and such on the M2 P/Z arent on the E because you dont really need hyperlapse and up and out, and circle for a work drone.

And i say for search and rescue cause why else would you need a drone with a bright spot light and speaker? they advertise the spot light for finding people at night. and the speaker to replay short recorded messages.

Well, for example, perimeter security or for that matter, storage yard security. You run pre- programmed WPs with the spot light attached and scare the bejesus out of the bad guys. Same for the speaker. Orbit around a POI with focus on the POI until the cops get there. The M2E has the bandwidth for a lot of tasks, so why not give it all the features instead of crippling it?
2019-1-24
Use props
Nakadrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

bezdog Posted at 1-24 15:47
Well, for example, perimeter security or for that matter, storage yard security. You run pre- programmed WPs with the spot light attached and scare the bejesus out of the bad guys. Same for the speaker. Orbit around a POI with focus on the POI until the cops get there. The M2E has the bandwidth for a lot of tasks, so why not give it all the features instead of crippling it?

Yes... that’s what we want... Missions on M2ED... A Phantom 3 Standard can make missions... Why a M2ED can’t???
2019-7-4
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

I fly for fire service.  We’re getting a M2DE.   We need GS Pro for SAR missions.   We also need Ipad support.    Please.
2019-8-24
Use props
Mavic4Security
lvl.1

Waypoints via Mission planning is available on Android versions of DJI Pilot. A friend told me on his Ipad too. But I have not been able to confirm yet.
2019-9-6
Use props
Sky1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1042051 ft
Hungary

Finally I have found what we all are looking for: ugcs ! They are not only waypoints to fly. There is orbit, and much more. And! You can plan on Mac or Pc in advance to have your flight prepared! You can connect waypoints with orbits and grid, double grid and vertical fassade scan grid and much more. Then also you can use multiple uavs. All enterprise ( i have the mavic 2ed) work fine. And last but not least, these guys have implemented Google earth, so you can have always the correct distance to gnd. As the elevation of surface is often causing trouble in planning flight at hillside or mountains... go check it out.  Www.ugcs.com
2020-1-3
Use props
Skydragons.eu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1042051 ft
Hungary

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2019-8-24 06:54
I fly for fire service.  We’re getting a M2DE.   We need GS Pro for SAR missions.   We also need Ipad support.    Please.

Go get ugcs app! For me it works for mavic 2ED patrols. Hope it help you. All best Alex from Skydragons.eu
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules