Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting Smart Controller 3rd Party Apps to work
123Next >
29437 104 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loving the DJI smart controller so far - mine arrived here in the UK yesterday (16th Jan).

Having the following issues:

1. I can pair to my Mavic 2 Pro fine using the supplied DJI GO 4 app howerever when trying to install DJI Pilot app (for my M2E) the google play store shows installed on the initial attempt. However looking on the controller's app home screen the icon was not shown. So I side loaded the Pilot app via an SD card. This was more promising as the icon now appears on the home screen however when trying to start up the DJI Pilot app I am presented with the error message :  'Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry'. I have a perfect wifi connection! Someone mentioned in a post that DJI are aware of this and will be releasing a fix soon - is this correct?

2. When attempting to install Litchi I see a message from the google play store that the app isn't compatible with the device but also when trying to install google play store not recognising the controller as a device I can install apps to! So will have to try side loading it.

3. The DJI smart controller demo video showed on DJI website did show Skytalk in action with a face of a remote user shown in a small box on the screen viewing the drone footage in real time however this seems to have been remove from the video now. However Skytalk is still mentioned in the smart controller overview on the DJI website. Can you advise how to get this feature working please? Do I need to use the WECHAT app at the same time as a flight? If its a question of using the live stream option in the GO app then this has been there from day 1 and so nothing new.

I have installed the Amazon app store to see if this is a work around for 1. but DJI pilot app not shown in the store.

2019-1-16
Use props
Nico77
lvl.1
Germany

I can’t really help you, but I do have a counter question. Where did you find the Play Store on the controller? Or was that something you try to install also?
2019-1-19
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you go to apkpure.com using the browser and search for the app you need, download the app into the download folder and then the SRC will allow you to side load from there.

DJI pilot is in apkpure, this may help until DJI release the specific SRC version.

Edit - you will need to download and install the apkpure app as the apk for DJI Pilot is an ‘xapk’ which needs the apkpure side loader to install it.
2019-1-19
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nico77 Posted at 1-19 19:09
I can’t really help you, but I do have a counter question. Where did you find the Play Store on the controller? Or was that something you try to install also?

There is a default browser installed called 'Lightning Browser' so you start here. Here you can access amazon play store but I am using now apkpure website as suggested above by Buzzyone. I have now successfully installed DJI Pilot - really happy too as Mission Flight now available (as run under android) - a feature unavailable in DJI Pilot run on iOS.
2019-1-20
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 1-19 23:34
If you go to apkpure.com using the browser and search for the app you need, download the app into the download folder and then the SRC will allow you to side load from there.

DJI pilot is in apkpure, this may help until DJI release the specific SRC version.

Brilliant thank you so much - I have been able to install DJI Pilot and its working fine. I used apkpure.com and then downloaded the apkpure app to install the xapk by a simple click of a button. No need to try and side load it as the apkpure app does it all. Happy to see Mission Flight option now available as wasn't on my iPhone XS Max (as its iOS).
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_dKXu9gRGyaj2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,  I managed to download DJI Pilot App but I cannot link the Smart Controller to M2E! Can anyone help me please??
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_dKXu9gRGyaj2 Posted at 1-21 17:00
Hi,  I managed to download DJI Pilot App but I cannot link the Smart Controller to M2E! Can anyone help me please??

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The application will be supported in the future on the next firmware and application update. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-22
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 16:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The application will be supported in the future on the next firmware and application update. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding.

This seems to be a joke. Let me bring it to the point. I bought an Smart Controller (650€) and the M2E Dual (2900€) and i can not do anything at the moment? Same problem using the standard RC with an Android Device with DJI Pilot App isn´t working.

So at the moment i paid round about 4000€ (with some extras) and i am feeling like a Guinea pig and have some Hardware in Beta test. This is not what i am awaiting if i buy something called "Enterprise".

So any ideas when i will be able to use my product without buying an iPhone?
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_dKXu9gRGyaj2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I totally agree this is a joke for a company that supposedly to be the best at making drones! I’m in the same boat & im sure many more people are the same, When ask Dji support for estimate date on firmware update & all I get is the same pointless replies im starting to regret purchasing Dji products I can’t even use when it’s been advised that it  compatible to use with the Enterprise!
2019-1-25
Use props
HexCam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3808425 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

danwal1982 Posted at 1-24 15:27
This seems to be a joke. Let me bring it to the point. I bought an Smart Controller (650€) and the M2E Dual (2900€) and i can not do anything at the moment? Same problem using the standard RC with an Android Device with DJI Pilot App isn´t working.

So at the moment i paid round about 4000€ (with some extras) and i am feeling like a Guinea pig and have some Hardware in Beta test. This is not what i am awaiting if i buy something called "Enterprise".

Just to let you know I have DJI Pilot working on my Android (Samsung S8) and communicating with The Mavic 2E Dual. I didn't do anything other than download the app. What Android device are you using?
2019-1-26
Use props
AerialVue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1451211 ft
United Kingdom

Been pulling my hair out for the past 6 hours trying I just trying to he the google play app on to the so called smart controller. I can he it downloaded by it crashes as soon as I try to open it. The Bluetooth is also not working as I sees my iPad and iPhone but won't connecf. This is not acceptable. Would like a responce from DJI on what's going on. I reallybdo like the controller but if u can't uses third party apps then I am.affaid its useless.
2019-1-26
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AerialVue Posted at 1-26 14:09
Been pulling my hair out for the past 6 hours trying I just trying to he the google play app on to the so called smart controller. I can he it downloaded by it crashes as soon as I try to open it. The Bluetooth is also not working as I sees my iPad and iPhone but won't connecf. This is not acceptable. Would like a responce from DJI on what's going on. I reallybdo like the controller but if u can't uses third party apps then I am.affaid its useless.

download dji pilot via apkpure.com - I can install fine and run up the pilot app but not showing as connected to my M2E as of yet.
2019-1-26
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

In the meantime i was able to use Pilot app on my Xperia XZ3. But still frustrated about the not working smart controller
2019-1-27
Use props
fans71e6fc23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

I also have downloaded the app app as instructed...it downloads fine, I link smart controller to M2E and get the right beeps...camera gimbal moves up and down with left slide button...but pilot app not recognizing the M2E...any ideas...
2019-1-30
Use props
fans71e6fc23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

I meant apk app
2019-1-30
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

fans71e6fc23 Posted at 1-30 15:05
I also have downloaded the app app as instructed...it downloads fine, I link smart controller to M2E and get the right beeps...camera gimbal moves up and down with left slide button...but pilot app not recognizing the M2E...any ideas...

I undertand that the M2E hasnt as yet got the green light to work with the controller. Only the M2Pro and M2 Zoom have the green light.

Im led to believe also that the firmware update to allow the M2E to work with the controller is fairly imminent. Feb was supposed to be the release im led to believe. So it shouldnt be too much longer hopefully.
I would also expect the new firmware to provide the Pilot app pre-installed too.

2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Speedbird747, my apologies for the troubles. As of the moment, the Smart Remote Controller doesn't support the Mavic 2 Enterprise model. Please pay attention on our official website for future updates. For the second concern, the google Mobile Service is not obtained that's why google play does not recognize the Smart Remote Controller.You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Please take note that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. For the Skytalk function is not yet available, please wait for our future firmware updates. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your understanding and support.

2019-1-31
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-31 16:25
Hi Speedbird747, my apologies for the troubles. As of the moment, the Smart Remote Controller doesn't support the Mavic 2 Enterprise model. Please pay attention on our official website for future updates. For the second concern, the google Mobile Service is not obtained that's why google play does not recognize the Smart Remote Controller.You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Please take note that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. For the Skytalk function is not yet available, please wait for our future firmware updates. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Thanks DJI for the update
2019-2-1
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Direct apk link by DJI.com for DJI PILOT. So u dont have have to use „other sites“....

https://adhoc.djiservice.org/sho ... djipilot_enterprise
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

speedbird747 Posted at 2-1 17:03

You're welcome. If you have other concern, please let us know. Enjoy and always fly safely!
2019-2-2
Use props
djiuser_hla9NADcm1fY
New
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-2 08:55
You're welcome. If you have other concern, please let us know. Enjoy and always fly safely!

I also have the smart controller and want to use it with the Mavic 2 Pro. (Normal version)

I have managed to download it but cannot get the app yo connect

Please advise.
2019-2-19
Use props
John Gall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100830 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all
So I got the app pilot on the smart controller it links to my M2ED but no video or data motors start and stop camera gimbal up and down works
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

speedbird747 Posted at 2-1 17:03

You are most welcome. Enjoy and fly safe always. Cheers!
2019-2-20
Use props
fans3886c21f
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello everyone, I have two questions for a DJI representative: 1. Will DJI S.C. be connected to Google Play and if so, when? 2: When can we use the SKYTALK function?
2019-2-23
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's easy to unlock the access to Developer Options on Android. At the bottom of the list is a toggle for SkyTalk..... I don't have an Enterprise but maybe somebody else can give it a whirl?
Screenshot_20190224-184945.png
2019-2-24
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I forgot to show how to get Developer Options unlocked... Go to settings and scroll down to About Remote Controller... Tap it. Now scroll down to System Version and tap it (7 times I think) to unlock Developer Options. Go back and it will be in your list
Screenshot_20190224-192725.png
Screenshot_20190224-192740.png
2019-2-24
Use props
fans3886c21f
lvl.1

Hello, thank you very much for the hint.
Sky talk works fine.)))

2019-2-24
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 16:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The application will be supported in the future on the next firmware and application update. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding.

Anything new on this. Seems DJI needs to step up. M2X attributes would go hand in hand with a Smart Controller. Why is DJI dragging on this?
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bezdog Posted at 3-6 04:51
Anything new on this. Seems DJI needs to step up. M2X attributes would go hand in hand with a Smart Controller. Why is DJI dragging on this?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Since the Smart controller is not yet compatible with the Mavic 2 Enterprise, therefore, the DJI Pilot app is not yet compatible also. If the Smart controller would support the Mavic 2 Enterprise then we will support the DJI Pilot App as well for our customers to experience it with this new Smart remote controller. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-6
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70650 ft
Ukraine

Good day
Tell me please
Why when I am at home and accordingly I do not have GPS satellites, the DJI SC does not determine my location using WiFi.
thank you in advance
2019-3-8
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418527 ft
Denmark

fans3886c21f Posted at 2-24 23:32
Hello, thank you very much for the hint.
Sky talk works fine.)))

Hey , Have you been able to livestream through Instagram with the Skytalk feature?
2019-3-8
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1
Ukraine

I do not use instagram, and in Viber, WhatsApp works without problems)))
2019-3-8
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.2
Denmark

PSL75 Posted at 3-8 07:26
I do not use instagram, and in Viber, WhatsApp works without problems)))

Could you please test it on Instagram for me?
2019-3-8
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1
Ukraine

TOMORROW DURING THE DAY
2019-3-8
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1
Ukraine

Good afternoon, instagram Skytalk works great))))
2019-3-9
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.2
Denmark

PSL75 Posted at 3-9 05:36

Awesome, Thank You!!
2019-3-11
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Germany

PSL75 Posted at 3-9 05:36

Hi @PSL75 ,
can u explain me how to use the skytalk-function ?
I have activated "skytalk" in the dev-option, instagram and whatsapp are installed too. But how can i start the skytalk-stream ?
thx and regards
2019-3-11
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1
Ukraine

good day
I just launched the program- Instagram, WhatsApp and Viber.
These programs themselves worked without problems with the drone's camera.
I had one problem: adding contacts, since I used a third-party new number to register the installed Instagram, WhatsApp and Viber.
I can send you a video of how everything works for me))))
2019-3-11
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Germany

PSL75 Posted at 3-11 06:35
good day
I just launched the program- Instagram, WhatsApp and Viber.
These programs themselves worked without problems with the drone's camera.

Hi,

That would be great.

I just have checked the function in Instagram but I just get a black screen :/

Regards
2019-3-11
Use props
PSL75
lvl.1

2019-3-11
Use props
123Next >