Getting Smart Controller 3rd Party Apps to work
29448 104 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 5-25 02:37
It will only show the GSF number if you have done a Factory re-set 1st. I think some of the Google package components, if not installed in sequence, can stop the Device+ID app working. I had to go through the whole process (including hard re-starts) twice before it all fell into place.

I may have been lucky but I did NOT wipe the device and I did get the page with those various numbers.   Since I did not want to mess up that screen or display or app, I tediously copied those longish numbers manually into a Notepad file on my computer.  Then entered the number, again, manually when I was asked for it.  It seems to be working.

I guess I can try installing some of the other programs listed.

Which is the "best" app for showing where-to-fly-data?

Well, the Open Street Map app found my house while sitting in my upstairs den!    Do did Google Earth but I had to specifically turn on location permission.

2019-5-25
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I didn't wipe the controller either and device id worked for me also
2019-5-25
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

I'm glad it seems to be working for most! Working on a video I hope to have it up this week.
2019-5-27
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone that has successfully added Google Play Store to their SC been able to update to the newest version of DJI GO 4?
2019-5-28
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Certified Aerials Posted at 5-28 12:20
Has anyone that has successfully added Google Play Store to their SC been able to update to the newest version of DJI GO 4?

Is there a new version?   I'll have to check.  Oh, wait, don't we get our own version via an internal update process?  
2019-5-28
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

Don’t think the sc has the latest update yet, not like iOS
2019-5-28
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 5-28 18:41
Is there a new version?   I'll have to check.  Oh, wait, don't we get our own version via an internal update process?

I'm not sure. Hoping we get updates without having to redo do this process each time there's an update.
2019-5-30
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

I created a step-by-step video on how to install Google Play Store on the DJI Smart Controller without rooting it. You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/B_swJvznW68

The full tutorial here here:

https://www.certifiedaerials.com/info/how-to-install-google-play-store-on-dji-smart-controller
2019-5-30
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-19 23:34
If you go to apkpure.com using the browser and search for the app you need, download the app into the download folder and then the SRC will allow you to side load from there.

DJI pilot is in apkpure, this may help until DJI release the specific SRC version.

Hello Buzzyone. Thank you for the inpiration to install the apkpure app. I have managed to install the Litchi app with the Google Play service app and it working great.
2019-6-23
Use props
Sasa12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3104 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible to have added to the smart controller the Mavric Pro Platinum  , in the Aircraft Managment.At present it cannot be linked between the drone and the smart controller  I bought the Smart Controller due to the fact that here in Europe we can have a lot of trouble with the phone signal strength, and so cannot use the drone properly. I did read up on all the material re the Smart controller, and it would appear that it has the correct firmware, so is it possible to add these other drones into the firmware. If this cannot be done I will just have to return the products and get a refund, for the drone is useless as is at the present. Thanking you..........

It would appear that DJI put out onto the market a "half cooked product " and it now trying to catch up. They have our money but we have a worthless product, and at their beckon call when they will update the firmware.

Have A LOOK at the attached picture, and what they promised...……. BUT did not deliver

They are treating the customer as if we are all a pack off fools....

2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_rccizbKMJvCW
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 09:13
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Since the Smart controller is not yet compatible with the Mavic 2 Enterprise, therefore, the DJI Pilot app is not yet compatible also. If the Smart controller would support the Mavic 2 Enterprise then we will support the DJI Pilot App as well for our customers to experience it with this new Smart remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

Is there a reason the DJI pilot app is not available for use on the Mavic 2 Pro using the smartcontroller?
2019-11-27
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_rccizbKMJvCW Posted at 11-27 08:54
Is there a reason the DJI pilot app is not available for use on the Mavic 2 Pro using the smartcontroller?

Yes. The reason is that DJI want us to buy a new drone from them, for every type of flying we want to do. So if you want to map an area, they want you to buy an Mavic 2 Enterprise drone. If you want to take photos or film, they want you to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro. If you want to be able to both map and film, they want you to buy a Mavic 2 Enterprise AND a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro - even if they are mostly the same and all of those three drones can handle very well can handle photographing, film and mapping... And, the software works for all of them, they just want to lock you out so you will have to buy a new drone.

But read this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2003633
2019-11-27
Use props
The Vimana
New
Flight distance : 44744 ft

Australia

Hi There,

Have installed the Pure APK app and other apps (PS express) seem to be installing and working fine except Instagram. It keeps crashing every time I open it after installation. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_uNIgZYOsH0BO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287543 ft
United States

These techy tips are great for code nerds, but a regular user of the DJI Smart Controller should NOT have to do any of this!!!  The Google Play Store should be pre-installed on the Smart Controller right out of the box!!!  Otherwise, why the hell would anyone spend the extra money on the Smart Controller, when all of the apps and the Play Store work fine on their smart phone???!!!  DJI should be embarrassed that they still haven't fixed this!!!
2019-12-26
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

thing is, its a controller for a drone, you carry your phone put your apps on that,, adding apps to the sc is not what It was designed for. you want all that instatwitbookface crap then use your phone, and fly your drone with the controller, in saying that, I do have the play store installed on mine, not for the apps but just to see if I could do it.

while I'm here, can anyone tell me why my sc has gone AWOL from my profile
2019-12-26
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

after update to 0650 the playstore crashes all the time
2020-1-16
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

so reinstall it if its a must have, job done
2020-1-16
Use props
Adam9997
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2548009 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 1-16 11:17
after update to 0650 the playstore crashes all the time

I had the same issues. Ended up resetting the controller then re-installing the play store. Happy to report all works well, Litchi and Pix4d
2020-1-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

raven swe Posted at 1-16 11:49
so reinstall it if its a must have, job done

package installer crashes all the time

did I mention I hate android?

2020-1-17
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

try with the latest fixed update that was upped on Monday, with kernel 4.4.83, seems to have fixed the log problem and some others,, I have heard some have reinstalled google play with success.
2020-1-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

reset the SC > install google play store > can't login : -(

and every restart the DJI pilot app is gone

2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_7lKtGlKlf2Z6
New
United States

Purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and the RM500 Smart Controller (separately).  The SC came with DJI GO 4 pre-installed.

I could sideload DJI PILOT via APK file from SD card.  During controller update the sideloaded apps were wiped out.

Purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual which came with a RM500 Smart Controller.  This controller had DJI PILOT preloaded as the primary application.

Is there a method or option to choose which application is the "primary" application on the device?
2020-1-18
Use props
masharostova78
New

India

Trailkill Posted at 2019-4-13 04:13
How do I uninstall this? I keep getting Google Services Framework keeps stopping.  Do I have to reset to factory settings?

Update: I had to do a factory reset because it was stuck in a constant loop with the error. Warning!!!! It didn't work for me.

I had the same problem with the "Google Services Framework keeps stopping" error. After setting hours searching for the solution, I found that I was using another third-party framework on my Android device. After installing, the error was no longer showing up.  Check out the following workarounds to fix the problem: https://www.einsstark.tech/google-services-framework-keeps-stopping/

2022-8-9
Use props
masharostova78
New

India

masharostova78 Posted at 8-9 23:03
I had the same problem with the "Google Services Framework keeps stopping" error. After setting hours searching for the solution, I found that I was using another third-party framework on my Android device. After installing, the error was no longer showing up.  Check out the following workarounds to fix the problem: https://www.einsstark.tech/google-services-framework-keeps-stopping/

fix: Google Services Framework keeps stopping
2022-8-9
Use props
masharostova78
New

India

masharostova78 Posted at 8-9 23:03
I had the same problem with the "Google Services Framework keeps stopping" error. After setting hours searching for the solution, I found that I was using another third-party framework on my Android device. After installing, the error was no longer showing up.  Check out the following workarounds to fix the problem: https://www.einsstark.tech/google-services-framework-keeps-stopping/

You need to uninstall* any other framework. If you are using, of course.
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules