Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 pro - Forced land at low bateery problem (video)
915 6 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

I made long range flight using mavic 2 pro, 5km away and returned. I had problem because it forced land within 400 meter from me, I was only 30 meters high, I had to land on island (over  trees) to avoid fall in sea.. The problem is that it forced lad with 11% battery, touched ground with 9%, between start of forced land and ground touch, i was able to run almost 300 meters.. if the landing were not forced, I could easyly manage it to land where I was with about 4-6% battery left..  I almost lost drone.. I had take boat (spent 100 dollars to get there since we had to search for it 3 times) to get it back, searched for hours.. Just recovered it 1 day later, it was over mangrove with mud at the waist. It was really hard thing that could be avoided if mavic 2 pro would force land only at correct time, as it knew my high was low (30 meters).. So it could force land with 4 or 5 percent of battery instead 11%.. Forced land should be last resource, managing it to land with 1-2%.. Not 9 percent (!!)..
See video above:

2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

450m and 11% battery, you could have made it no problem, you dont have to land you could keep pushing it forward and pulling the drone up.  i flown 2-3 minutes on 0% power to get my drone back because i had no choice...either push it forward or have to land to its death...  so you could have managed it if you tried.
2019-1-16
Use props
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-16 18:29
450m and 11% battery, you could have made it no problem, you dont have to land you could keep pushing it forward and pulling the drone up.  i flown 2-3 minutes on 0% power to get my drone back because i had no choice...either push it forward or have to land to its death...  so you could have managed it if you tried.

Really? I don't remember if I tried pushed it up.. But when it happens it's hard to think wl, worse when surrounded by water. I think I should tried.. I will make test..  it show windows that wil autolamd, but not mention visually that could keep stick up to mantain hight..
2019-1-16
Use props
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

2019-1-16
Use props
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

I will make this test.. But even with that.. It should or have best visual popup showing that was possible or even better, make proper calculation of auto land, since I was just 30 meters high and waste just 2% to touch ground, remaining 9%.. It should predict to land with 1-3%..
2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bi7ZlTnWOoJb Posted at 1-16 18:42
I will make this test.. But even with that.. It should or have best visual popup showing that was possible or even better, make proper calculation of auto land, since I was just 30 meters high and waste just 2% to touch ground, remaining 9%.. It should predict to land with 1-3%..

well the reason it wants to land is critical battery % is set to 10%. you can indeed still fight it.  just keep pushing up gently and forward and let countdown finish then fight it all the way home.  or click land  and fight it..i haven't had that alert popup on my screen to know...only had it popup on sid eof my screen warnign me not to fly with critical power.

while i dont recommend flying below critical power, in the event of a difficult recovery or flying over water and only half km away, i say its worth the risk to keep pushing it..    i rather completely destroy the battery than have it land on an island that maybe difficult to get to impossible...or worse have it land in the water while searching for a safe place and wasting power.

2019-1-16
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Canada

Only a fool would try to fly with the battery so close to empty!
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules