2937 21 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

So after spending about $20 to get a holder that can be mounted to a tripod, my wireless adapter arrives and I'm back in the same boat. Anyone know of a holder that holds the pocket with wireless adapter and can connect to tripod?

2019-1-16
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

BigSuart, in post #6 of this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549, states that it's like they were made for each other .... the mind wobbles ....
2019-1-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are plenty of generic options out there some are extremely cheap, but dji has thre on holder that can be used with WiFi module attached.
2019-1-17
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Empty toilet roll with some duct tape does the job.
2019-1-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all.
2019-1-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps -> https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2019-1-18
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Heres a Pro Mount being released soon http://www.taipancinema.com/exo/
Works with & with out WiFi base

2019-1-18
Use props
Action Al
lvl.2
Australia

Does the  Pro Mount still fit onto the Pocket when the thumb wheel accessory is in place?
2019-1-19
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Action Al Posted at 1-19 04:42
Does the  Pro Mount still fit onto the Pocket when the thumb wheel accessory is in place?

From what Ive seen it seems it will allow the connection of thumb wheel
2019-1-19
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

The EXO mount seems to be the best all round solution I have seen so far. It almost seems like the accessory designers didn't work together when designing their parts. The mount in particular although sturdy, makes you remove the phone connectors or the control wheel... wtf? Where do we put these parts then? Or perhaps they hope we will lose them and purchase new ones... lol The person who designed the mount also made it so we needed to purchase gopro parts! That is beyond ridiculous. Why not just give us a mounting screw hole??? Or at least add the hole connection and a screw??

Rant over. Thank god for Aliexpress and cheap 3rd party accessories. I am looking forward to the EXO mount which will allow me to have everything attached. I wish there was a place to slot the phone connector as well though!

2019-1-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kburn Posted at 1-19 12:59
The EXO mount seems to be the best all round solution I have seen so far. It almost seems like the accessory designers didn't work together when designing their parts. The mount in particular although sturdy, makes you remove the phone connectors or the control wheel... wtf? Where do we put these parts then? Or perhaps they hope we will lose them and purchase new ones... lol The person who designed the mount also made it so we needed to purchase gopro parts! That is beyond ridiculous. Why not just give us a mounting screw hole??? Or at least add the hole connection and a screw??

Rant over. Thank god for Aliexpress and cheap 3rd party accessories. I am looking forward to the EXO mount which will allow me to have everything attached. I wish there was a place to slot the phone connector as well though!

I agree. Looks to be the best bang for the buck.
2019-1-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

BrianKushner Posted at 1-19 13:13
I agree. Looks to be the best bang for the buck.

Although it looks like it's built like a tank, at $40 US, I don't know if it's the best bang for the buck. There are plenty of much cheaper options. My 3D printed mount ran 10 bucks.
2019-1-19
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

2019-1-19
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

My solution (holder + tripod + ball head less than $/€ 10) works with/without wireless adapter :-)

2019-1-20
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I bought this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation where you could possibly purchase the holder that could hold the wireless adapter. You may also consider our Osmo Pocket accessory mount that you could use with our Osmo Pocket. Please refer to the link below.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-accessory-mount
2019-1-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Found this...
[/url]
2019-1-22
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Try using a Super Clamp with 6 tripod threads that lets you mount the clamp to a tripod in vertical or horizontal mode. The Super Clamp can hold the OP with the wireless adapter plugged in.
2019-1-27
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

2019-1-27
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

zoom Posted at 1-18 21:03
Heres a Pro Mount being released soon http://www.taipancinema.com/exo/
Works with & with out WiFi base
[view_image]

Thanks for sharing this awesome mount.  This might be what I am looking for.  I almost broke my camera and wifi module using cheap solutions.  I already have spent more on cheap mounts that still cannot solve the issue of having both the OP and the wireless module nicely tighten, except electrical tape.  You see, there are adapters out there and some are 3d printed to be used with the wireless module.  But those adapters are as good as the module can stay attached to the OP.  If you film with a pole using the wireless module on a fast moving vehicle, there's always the risk of the module falling out or getting detached from the OP.  I say this because it just happened to me.  Luckily, I was guarding the OP with my other hand.  

Bottom line, don't use tripod mounts that will attach directly to the wifi module for running or car scenes unless you just want to mount it on a camera tripod or just use a regular mount without the module.  
2019-1-28
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

My solution, cribbed from old gear.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules