4k video
4189 18 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tuuguu
New
South Korea

HelloI recently bought osmo pocket. I think there is a problem that  4k video doesn't work on video players (VLC media player, windows media player) on PC. but 1080 video is playing good. What will I do, please help me!
2019-1-17
Use props
Lotuner
lvl.1

Ukraine

Probably you have to convert your video, maybe to another format. I usually use online video and audio converter on that purpose. You can try this one editmp3
2019-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's your PC Spec? I have no problem with 4K playback on any of my PC with VLC.
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_renqJF6lT8Mr
lvl.1
Canada

I suspect it has to do with the capabilities of your computer. If 1080 is working then 4k footage in theory should as it would be the same file type. I know of a few people that purchased Drones or an Osmo to find that their computer was not up to the task (especially editing 4k Osmo Pocket footage even more so compared to other types of 4k video). Try shooting in 2.7k as it might be a happy medium.
2019-1-17
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Did you try (free) MPC-HC? It works well with 4K.
2019-1-18
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

What's your computer spec m8. And especially your videocard. Any PC that's not older than 4 years should play 4k footage nicely, but it depends on your graphic card. Also do you use the latest VLC media player and in what format did you shoot your footage. MP4 or MOV.
2019-1-18
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

BeterBan Posted at 1-18 01:23
Did you try (free) MPC-HC? It works well with 4K.

Thank you for this recomendation. I had problems playing 4K videos recorded at 60 fps, none of the default video players on my Win 8.1 laptop are able to show on the screen. The video will play but screen is just black. I tried VLC latest version but video plays very choppy and for first 15 sec or so the display is static. I just installed MPC-HC and all problems are gone. My laptop is not the newest but it has:
- Intel i7-4800MQ CPU at 2.7 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- 64-bit Windows 8.1
2019-1-18
Use props
RunarHaugen
lvl.4
Norway

Try Potplayer from https://potplayer.daum.net/

Recommended!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend checking the capability of your computer if it could support the format that you've used to record a video. You could also try to use different software to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-20
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

My PC is 5 years old, AMD A8-5500, Radeon HD7560D, 4GB RAM. Win7 ... it plays 4K/60fps.
- I am using only MPC-HC, with MPC-HC you also can jump from frame to frame and save each with Alt-I
Video/photo processing (as few as possible) with (free) IrfanView an Wondershare Video Converter.
2019-1-20
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

djiuser_renqJF6lT8Mr Posted at 1-17 07:52
I suspect it has to do with the capabilities of your computer. If 1080 is working then 4k footage in theory should as it would be the same file type. I know of a few people that purchased Drones or an Osmo to find that their computer was not up to the task (especially editing 4k Osmo Pocket footage even more so compared to other types of 4k video). Try shooting in 2.7k as it might be a happy medium.

Unfortunately, there's no 2.7k on the Pocket. Could be a good future update.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

theprisoner6666 Posted at 1-20 21:12
Unfortunately, there's no 2.7k on the Pocket. Could be a good future update.

Hi, thanks for sharing your input. Yes, the 2.7k is not yet available on our Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will help you to forward this suggestion into the designated department. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-21
Use props
FreeWoRLD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2238 ft
United States

4k 60fps plays almost flawless on my 2013 Macbook Air and that’s a really old notebook.
2019-1-21
Use props
FreeWoRLD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2238 ft
United States

4k 60fps plays almost flawless on my 2013 Macbook Air and that’s a really old notebook.
2019-1-21
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

My videos play just fine on my Surface Book 2 with stock apps.
2019-1-21
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

did you change the native .mov to mp4?
2019-1-21
Use props
techowned
New

India

Did you try the latest version of VLC for windows 10, it fixes many problems, hope this helps to solve your issue.
2019-11-11
Use props
kkmin
lvl.2

United States

Try to use a PC video converter to convert 4K video to MP4 format.  4K video is only supported by a few media players.  If you don't want to convert it, you can watch the 4k video on that video converter. It has a bulit-in media player, which can play 4k video.
2019-12-30
Use props
kkmin
lvl.2

United States

kkmin Posted at 12-30 02:46
Try to use a PC video converter to convert 4K video to MP4 format.  4K video is only supported by a few media players.  If you don't want to convert it, you can watch the 4k video on that video converter. It has a bulit-in media player, which can play 4k video.

https://www.joyoshare.com/video-converter/
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules