2117 25 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Stand and filters arrived have to say I’m impressed with the stand quality and versatility, it’s simple to set up very sturdy but light , everything fits on tight and there is a hot shoe for fitting light or Mic, I just realised I could use it with my selfie stick and tripod from my orignal Osmo which is great.

Filters look well made and come in nice magnetic box, I just bought 4 , ND8, ND16, ND32 & one polarizing Filter,they look and feel like good quality, haven’t tried them out yet but happy with what I got, 2.5 weeks delivery from China.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Have a safe and happy filming.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, I use the filter set quite a bit during my travel in Japan earlier this month and they work well. Just ordered the phone holder and should have it next week.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wiz33 Posted at 1-17 08:35
Nice, I use the filter set for quite a bit during my travel in Japan earlier this month and the work well. Just ordered the phone holder and should have it next week.

I don’t know if you have tried, but it seems that I can stack polarized filter with ND filter, I haven’t tried to shoot with them yet but if it works it makes for a good option.
2019-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 08:51
I don’t know if you have tried, but it seems that I can stack polarized filter with ND filter, I haven’t tried to shoot with them yet but if it works it makes for a good option.

I got the 4 filter ND/PL set so no separate Polarized filter and they seems to work well
2019-1-17
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I should get my phone holder next week also, waiting, waiting, waiting. LOL I ordered a month ago on ebay. Finally gave up and asked for a refund. Went to pgy-tech site and ordered and I think I should have it next week.
2019-1-17
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 do you really like how everything goes together with the phone holder? Can't wait to try mine.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Roger1167 Posted at 1-17 17:33
Hallmark007 do you really like how everything goes together with the phone holder? Can't wait to try mine.

I’m really impressed with the unit it seems well made very secure, you can connect phone or if you have Bluetooth module you can use that either, I definitely think it was worth the money.
Good luck and I hope it arrives soon.
2019-1-17
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks hallmark007. Sounds great. What I wanted to hear. Yeah I have the module. I think everything is going to work great together.
2019-1-17
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

Roger1167 Posted at 1-17 17:30
I should get my phone holder next week also, waiting, waiting, waiting. LOL I ordered a month ago on ebay. Finally gave up and asked for a refund. Went to pgy-tech site and ordered and I think I should have it next week.

I did the exact same!
2019-1-17
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

Wiz33, How do they show themselves when shooting at night? Do you have examples on long exposure?
2019-1-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 17:47
I’m really impressed with the unit it seems well made very secure, you can connect phone or if you have Bluetooth module you can use that either, I definitely think it was worth the money.
Good luck and I hope it arrives soon.

Do you feel the OP is secure in it's piece of the holder w/o the phone attached?

And I'm probably being dense here, but am I understanding the wireless module could be attached to the OP while in the PGY holder?

Thanks for any input!
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rjwPhoto Posted at 1-18 03:50
Do you feel the OP is secure in it's piece of the holder w/o the phone attached?

And I'm probably being dense here, but am I understanding the wireless module could be attached to the OP while in the PGY holder?

Yes you can attach wireless module, and yes it’s quite safe. So no problems running or walking or when on a tripod.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ours also arrived and really pleased with it, great quality I have to say.  We also had delivered a rode mic and a lighting system to go along the Ronin-s, What! I didn't order those, she's been shopping again lol
2019-1-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet.  Good to see/hear your experience.  Nice to see you can use the "original" Osmo tripod and extension stick (those are really well designed).  I'm adapting some of my GoPro connectors to the "stick" for when I'm not connect a phone.  Will follow with photos soon.  ( I learned how to use the word "soon" from the DJI marketing staff! )
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 1-18 06:58
Ours also arrived and really pleased with it, great quality I have to say.  We also had delivered a rode mic and a lighting system to go along the Ronin-s, What! I didn't order those, she's been shopping again lol

What’s good for the Goose, lol, enjoy.
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 1-18 07:32
Sweet.  Good to see/hear your experience.  Nice to see you can use the "original" Osmo tripod and extension stick (those are really well designed).  I'm adapting some of my GoPro connectors to the "stick" for when I'm not connect a phone.  Will follow with photos soon.  ( I learned how to use the word "soon" from the DJI marketing staff! )

Lol Soon, I can also with a small fitting connect it to car mount and hopefully I can get similar for my bike mount, Now if only I could adapt my Z axis’s, I’ll have to think about that one.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 08:12
What’s good for the Goose, lol, enjoy.

lol Yeah I agree, but her goose is more expensive than mine and it honks more often.  

I hope to god the warm weather arrives soon, for us to get out flying, she's sat behind her computer or phone too much when we are grounded and has that glint in her eye that spells trouble, the buy me glint lol.
2019-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 1-18 08:18
lol Yeah I agree, but her goose is more expensive than mine and it honks more often.  

I hope to god the warm weather arrives soon, for us to get out flying, she's sat behind her computer or phone too much when we are grounded and has that glint in her eye that spells trouble, the buy me glint lol.

Well I’m due to go out first thing in the morning, looks pretty cold but dry wind not to strong, probably mostly shooting stills, but hoping to get some flying, only thing about living here is you could get up in the morning and be facing gales and pis#ing rain , but we shall see.
2019-1-18
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 08:27
Well I’m due to go out first thing in the morning, looks pretty cold but dry wind not to strong, probably mostly shooting stills, but hoping to get some flying, only thing about living here is you could get up in the morning and be facing gales and pis#ing rain , but we shall see.

Isn't that the truth, our weather is so unpredictable from day to day. The forecast here tomorrow is for gusts reaching to 20mph at 400 feet, so fingers crossed we all get out and get some flight time in.

I will keep my eyes peeled for your stills
2019-1-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 08:15
Lol Soon, I can also with a small fitting connect it to car mount and hopefully I can get similar for my bike mount, Now if only I could adapt my Z axis’s, I’ll have to think about that one.

Here's a link to a Ken Heron video showing how he has adapted his Z mount to the Pocket.
You need to advance the the 5:30 minutes of the video where he and a friend talk about making a fitting that inserts to the Z.  Interesting, but probably nothing I'd do.

2019-1-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice one! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My PGYTech holder and filters arrive tomorrow (hopefully) - I opted for the graduated filters, as I thought they would be more suitable for ground use, unlike my drones which are in the sky so use full ND filters (PGYTech too).

Anyway, one thing I don't like about the Pocket is that it'll charge the phone when connected (that's sadly due to port design) which is something you can't afford with an already-short battery life.  However, a battery extender can be connected at the same time to the USB-C at the bottom of the Pocket, which can give the Pocket's battery a boost while in use. You'll note a ledge along the front of the PGYTech holder - what I'd like to try is to sit my battery extender on the ledge and velcro it to the cross-brace. So long as it doesn't interfere with the gimbal, that should be work - perhaps not good looking, but OK.
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Punchbuggy Posted at 1-27 15:25
My PGYTech holder and filters arrive tomorrow (hopefully) - I opted for the graduated filters, as I thought they would be more suitable for ground use, unlike my drones which are in the sky so use full ND filters (PGYTech too).

Anyway, one thing I don't like about the Pocket is that it'll charge the phone when connected (that's sadly due to port design) which is something you can't afford with an already-short battery life.  However, a battery extender can be connected at the same time to the USB-C at the bottom of the Pocket, which can give the Pocket's battery a boost while in use. You'll note a ledge along the front of the PGYTech holder - what I'd like to try is to sit my battery extender on the ledge and velcro it to the cross-brace. So long as it doesn't interfere with the gimbal, that should be work - perhaps not good looking, but OK.

Ledge is about 6mm deep, so might work, I have used with WiFi module so no xtra discharge on phone, first time I’ve used pgy tech for anything and quality very good, nice magnetic box for filters .
Good Luck.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules