1014 10 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR125Honda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

Hi All, New to the DJI forum.
Just purchased my first DJI locally. It's a Phantom 4 Pro Plus v2.0 Obsidian.
Haven't flown it yet. It was used. I am comfortable the person I purchased from and the condition it was in during purchase.

Reading/learning all about it now.

It needs a set of new props (low noise), two prop mounting plates (new style?), and two of the rectangular covers on one landing gear leg.
Called DJI yesterday to order the parts to learn that they are not in stock.
Rep that I spoke with told me to call / go to local DJI retailers to check if anyone had them in stock.
No luck locally and haven't found them online either.

Granted these parts are Obsidian in color but I really didn't think I'd have much difficulty obtaining parts for one of their newest drones.
Wanting to replace with OEM parts only.

I'm in no hurry but hope I can source these parts soon.

Looking forward to getting it in the air!

2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are looking for some parts and we don't have it from our DJI Online store you still have an option looking to our Flagship store or Retailer you may check it here https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
And welcome to the forum. Cheers!
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are looking for some parts and we don't have it from our DJI Online store you still have an option looking to our Flagship store or Retailer you may check it here https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-1-17
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for your replies.

The low noise Obsidian props are very had to find. Is there a part number for them. That may help in my search.
2019-1-17
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 10:01
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are looking for some parts and we don't have it from our DJI Online store you still have an option looking to our Flagship store or Retailer you may check it here https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

I looked at each of the five retailers listed in your link - DJI Store, eBay, Ali Express, NewEgg, and Amazon.

DJI Store - Does not list or show Obsidian low noise props.
Amazon Store - Lists 5 different parts for the entire Phantom series.
Newegg Store - No Phantom parts at all.
eBay Store - Lists 6 different parts for the entire Phantom series
Ali Express store number 2792162 does not sell any Phantom parts.
2019-1-17
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Any other suggestions to help locate these parts would be appreciated. Tks.
2019-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Honda,

To get started, you need to know what you have.  DJI does not make a P4 Pro + (plus) V2 Obsidian.  The Obsidian is a dark gray (gun gray) P4 Pro V1 or P4 Pro + (plus) V1.  There are no "low noise" props sold for any Obsidian.  The low noise props were made for the P4 Pro V2 and P4 Pro + (plus) V2 and do not come in the Obsidian color but they can be used on the Obsidian.  Contributors have been known to paint the white, low noise props the Obsidian color.  DJI sells low noise props at the DJI Store $13 for a pair, $26 for a set of 4;

https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... ?from=menu_products

The Obsidian mounting plates are also sold at the DJI Store; $11 for a pair and $22 for a set of 4;

https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... ting-plate-obsidian

The rectangular covers for the landing gear leg are not made and sold separately for any of the P4s.  They are very hard to get and you might have to paint them to if you want Obsidian.  They can be made with a 3D Printer so that is an option you might look into.  You can also fabricate a replacement with Bondo if you are talented enough.

The P4 Pro V1 is a discontinued product and this includes the Obsidian, but they are supported by DJI.  Parts are very rare and hard to get except those sold in the DJI Store.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-18
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 1-18 02:18
Aloha Honda,

To get started, you need to know what you have.  DJI does not make a P4 Pro + (plus) V2 Obsidian.  The Obsidian is a dark gray (gun gray) P4 Pro V1 or P4 Pro + (plus) V1.  There are no "low noise" props sold for any Obsidian.  The low noise props were made for the P4 Pro V2 and P4 Pro + (plus) V2 and do not come in the Obsidian color but they can be used on the Obsidian.  Contributors have been known to paint the white, low noise props the Obsidian color.  DJI sells low noise props at the DJI Store $13 for a pair, $26 for a set of 4;

Thank you and that does help very much!

My mistake on the previous identification. Made some assumptions I should not.
I now know I have a P4 Pro+ V1.

Purchased some standard Obsidian colored props and the plates, etc.
Have learned that those covers are individually numbered (1,2,3,4). They must be specific to each leg.
Thanks again for your help!

Here's a pic

2019-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CR125Honda Posted at 1-18 08:40
Thank you and that does help very much!

My mistake on the previous identification. Made some assumptions I should not.

Aloha Honda,

Yes, the Obsidian does look wicked!  Good to hear you are on the road to recovery.  A good resource is PhantomHelp.com.  That site has everything you could possible need in a resource.  Be sure to read the P4 Pro manual;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

I can see that the covers are off of the legs on the starboard side.  There are people on the Internet and Forum that have 3D Printers and probably make those parts.  You might want to start a new thread asking if anyone knows how to get the covers or make the covers.  In the body of the post you can say that it is for the Obsidian to cover that base.  Most people on the Forum know that the Obsidian is a P4 Pro but that part information would be important to getting the right color (or a close one).

Maybe use a thread title like;

How Do I Get Replacement Access Covers for P4 Pro Legs?

You can even post the same photo with arrows pointing to the location of the missing covers.

Until you get the covers, you can try taking up the Obsidian for learning flights and to check out your Obsidian's flight, firmware and software condition.  Working on updating these necessities help use up the down time and build anticipation.  Make sure you have a very soft location to land before you take-off.  Also practicing soft landings is very important for such an expensive bird.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-18
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 1-18 15:13
Aloha Honda,

Yes, the Obsidian does look wicked!  Good to hear you are on the road to recovery.  A good resource is PhantomHelp.com.  That site has everything you could possible need in a resource.  Be sure to read the P4 Pro manual;

Thanks again for the link and your help.
Found the covers on eBay. Yay!
Link to Obsidian landing gear leg covers
Been reading the manual while going though the motions on the remote.
Corporate pilot by profession/ old RC plane & heli flyer.
Could bury my head in the books for a week or more and not learn all it's capabilities!
Hope to get it out soon.
2019-1-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CR125Honda Posted at 1-19 19:17
Thanks again for the link and your help.
Found the covers on eBay. Yay!
Link to Obsidian landing gear leg covers

Aloha Honda,

Wow!  That is a real score.  Good to see things are working out well.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules