1495 27 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lenrage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3031145 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I keep getting this crapy answer from DJI on the availability of the Smart Controller to Canada.  It is not possible to get it yet and everytime that I try to get a strait answer, they either tell me it is because of the USA Gov shutdown, wich is totally crap.  Canada gets orders from Shenzen, not USA and Canada is not on Shutdown. They other answer is worst:  THEY DONT KNOW.

It is funny because if I order the Mavic2 with the smart remote in Canada, it is available.

Please CAN someone from DJI give me a strait answer....not that corporate bull... !!!
2019-1-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yeah this is pretty frustrating. I am not sure if they realize Canada is a completely different country. What happens in the USA has no bearing on receiving product here. Like you stated our product comes directly out of Shenzhen. So what is the issue here and why we cannot get an educational answer is quite frustrating.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The answer from them has been pretty consistent Smart RC has not yet passed FCC regulations, not sure how this effects Canada, outside North America it is available to the rest of the world, so it would seem ridiculous that dji would not have a serious reason for not supplying North America, so I believe there is something in what they are saying, hopefully it gets sorted soon..
2019-1-17
Use props
Lenrage
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

This cant be an FCC aprooval thing.  It is available for purchase in a bundle in Canada
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lenrage Posted at 1-17 13:32
This cant be an FCC aprooval thing.  It is available for purchase in a bundle in Canada

I’m only telling you what Dji have said, if bundle is available it’s a bit ironic, but don’t you think with its prominent release that they would exclude its biggest customers, that would seem a little strange.
2019-1-17
Use props
Lenrage
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 15:19
I’m only telling you what Dji have said, if bundle is available it’s a bit ironic, but don’t you think with its prominent release that they would exclude its biggest customers, that would seem a little strange.

I know……...i m sure it is because of stock shortage. I just want to know from DJI when it will be available……..Im sure they have some sort of idea on ETA
2019-1-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 12:42
The answer from them has been pretty consistent Smart RC has not yet passed FCC regulations, not sure how this effects Canada, outside North America it is available to the rest of the world, so it would seem ridiculous that dji would not have a serious reason for not supplying North America, so I believe there is something in what they are saying, hopefully it gets sorted soon..

Yeah lets hope so. Whats interesting is you can purchase the package deal Mavic Pro 2 and the smart controller and on my end states it will ship 1 day after payment confirmed.
Well just have to wait I guess.
2019-1-17
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Thankfully I am using this time to really think if I want to drop this kind of coin on a controller and screen.

If it would have been available on day 1, I would have purchased it out of an impulse buy.  

What DJI told me was it was due to the furlough. FCC in specific.  

Your Govt agency is the IC.  So, who knows.  Limited stock, Govt, ? ? ?  The longer this goes on makes me want this controller less..
2019-1-17
Use props
kevin435
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102388 ft
Canada

I’ve had my smart controller for two days now. Orderd online from DJI.  Can’t seam to add third party apps. Device is not recognized by the play store using the browser.  
2019-1-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Its available now in Canada as of this am. I ordered mine right away but who knows how long it will be in stock for.
2019-1-18
Use props
Canon Rumors Guy
lvl.1
Costa Rica

It looks like I missed it being in stock and couldn't order it. Dang.
2019-1-18
Use props
Canon Rumors
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Canon Rumors Guy Posted at 1-18 05:30
It looks like I missed it being in stock and couldn't order it. Dang.

I had to change my store location, it's in stock and ordered!
2019-1-18
Use props
Lenrage
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 1-18 05:18
Its available now in Canada as of this am. I ordered mine right away but who knows how long it will be in stock for.

Ordered mine too.....yeaa....hope it will be here for my trip to Florida on Thursday
2019-1-18
Use props
kevin435
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102388 ft
Canada

Let me know if you guys can add third party apps? I’m assuming a side load would work ? Haven’t tried it yet.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

Ordered mine 3 hours ago. I'm in Montreal, Canada.
Can't wait to get it!
2019-1-18
Use props
Lenrage
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk Posted at 1-18 08:17
Can't wait to get it!

In Monmtreal also…...hope it will be here by wednesday as I am leaving on a trip early the next day.  Keeping my fingers crossed
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Canada

Lenrage Posted at 1-18 13:12
In Monmtreal also…...hope it will be here by wednesday as I am leaving on a trip early the next day.  Keeping my fingers crossed

Hopefully you'll get it by Wednesday. I hope to get mine by Thursday.
Hopefully by tomorrow i'll get an email saying they have shipped it. Goodluck with yours.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Canada

Lenrage Posted at 1-18 13:12
Where do you fly in Montreal?
2019-1-18
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk Posted at 1-18 08:17
Can't wait to get it!

What reseller in Canada is selling and shipping?
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Canada

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-19 02:21

I ordered it directly from the DJI site. It just came available yesterday on their site.
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Canada

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-19 02:21

Dealers in Canada should be getting stock soon, since it just became available yesterday.
2019-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk Posted at 1-19 04:40
Dealers in Canada should be getting stock soon, since it just became available yesterday.

Thank you very much!
2019-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still have not found a reseller in Canada that has stock
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Canada

The Smart Remote Controllers are sold out on the DJI site Canadian portal! Also sold out on the USA portal as well.
At least us Canadians had Friday, Saturday, Sunday and part of today to buy a SRC.
In the USA, it was available today and it sold out by the end of today.
Crazy!
2019-1-21
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Too bad it doent' work with the spark.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Canada

Got mine today! Too bad the weather is horrible in Montreal.
Anyway the Smart Controller looks and feels amazing. A real quality product. Updating the new SRC firmware took about 15 minutes. Linking the SRC to Mavic 2 Zoom took less than a minute
Just realized that the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom got a new firmware update today.
I have to borrow my friend's laptop to do an assistant 2 firmware upgrade because just like before, it seems like Android devices can't do wifi firmware updates. And the same goes for the new SRC(Android based)........too bad.
I'll have to the update with USB cable on a laptop with Assistant 2.
2019-1-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Finally received mine on Friday here in Alberta. Updates went well however is was windy on Saturday and 90 to 100kmh winds Sunday morning Grrrr.
2019-1-27
Use props
Lenrage
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got mine on thursday in Montreal but left early for vaca in Florida  it is sitting in my table while i am oblige to fly with my phine until I get back....darn
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules