Activating DJI Smart Controller failed
7830 11 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nico77
lvl.2
Germany

Hey There,

i've received my smart controller today and after I've charged it up I was all ready to connect it to my mavic 2. After entering my username/password for DJI it says I have to activate the devide. As soon as I do that I am getting the following error message:

ACTIVATION FAILED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN

ACTIVATION FAILED. SERVER ERROR (400)
PLEASE TRY AGAIN. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS,
PLEASE CONTACT DJI SUPPORT FOR HELP.

NB: I have succesfully connected to my WiFi for this and succesfully logged in to my DJI account. Ofcourse i can use the device because i can''t get passed this mandatory activation. Please advice......

EDIT:

I've called with DJI Support in the US and the guy there fixed my problem. Great help. We did this to fix the activation failure:

Removed the SDCard I already installed and rebooted the device.

After this activation worked like a charm
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad to hear one of the support was able to provide you the correct resolution and it works with your end. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back.
2019-1-17
Use props
Snufflebunny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015741 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting this as mine just arrived and I had the same issue.  You really stopped a headache from ensuing.  Thanks
2019-1-28
Use props
fans34ce5607
New
United States

Hello I am having a similar issue. I am connected to WiFi, logged in successfully but receive error when trying to activate. ACTIVATION FAILED. SERVER ERROR (500)

I've only charged the controller and haven't installed any SD cards.
2019-1-28
Use props
fansdcda899b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174564 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans34ce5607 Posted at 1-28 11:58
Hello I am having a similar issue. I am connected to WiFi, logged in successfully but receive error when trying to activate. ACTIVATION FAILED. SERVER ERROR (500)

I've only charged the controller and haven't installed any SD cards.

I had the same issue.  The guy I called for support was in a hurry to get off the phone and provided zero help.  What I had to do was make my time eastern even though I am central.  No idea why I had to do that but it worked.  Support told me to try a different wifi or setup new account.  I could login successfully so why would I need to change any of that.   DJI support was not interested in helping me at all on that call.   Anyway I got it working.  Hope this helps.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to activate it on DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic
2019-1-28
Use props
H23P21
New
United States

Thank you for the responses. After retrying several times it was able to activate. But unfortunate now i can not update the firmware. Keeps saying update failed disconnected on the controller and update failed after downloading on the DJI assistant.  
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

H23P21 Posted at 1-28 17:58
Thank you for the responses. After retrying several times it was able to activate. But unfortunate now i can not update the firmware. Keeps saying update failed disconnected on the controller and update failed after downloading on the DJI assistant.

I solved the same problem: SC always asks to update the firmware to 0300. Finally I connected the drone to assistant 2 for mavic (2018 Dec version), I can easily update 0300 firmware, then the firmware update on SC disappeared.
2019-1-28
Use props
fans9e1ac9cc
New
United States

Hello, I have brand new Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller. I can not activate smart controller. What should I do? WIFI is connected. Mavic is on.
2020-10-3
Use props
MALEKIA
lvl.1
United States

I received my smart controller this after noon and I'm experiencing the same issue: ACTIVATION FAILED. SERVER ERROR (500).
I was on the line with DJI support for over an hour; went through the process of updating the firmware but still can't activate.
She initiated a return/replacement process but that means waiting for another 2-3 weeks.

Very frustrated with DJI. Shouldn't have to go through this.
2021-7-1
Use props
MALEKIA
lvl.1
United States

MALEKIA Posted at 7-1 12:56
I received my smart controller this after noon and I'm experiencing the same issue: ACTIVATION FAILED. SERVER ERROR (500).
I was on the line with DJI support for over an hour; went through the process of updating the firmware but still can't activate.
She initiated a return/replacement process but that means waiting for another 2-3 weeks.

Some of the things I've tried:
- Three different WIFI connections
- Upgrade Firmware
- Downgrade Firmware
- Different Time zones

The other strange thing is that it doesn't seem to hold a charge for long. It was fully charged last night when I disconnected it from the charger and only one light this morning.
2021-7-2
Use props
droneinNV
lvl.1

New Zealand

Has anyone found any other things to try?  I just got my SC back from DJI Support for a different issue connecting to the Air2S....the problem was that the SC wouldn't connect to the Air2S....but now I can't get past the activation point on the SC.  There isn't a SD card inserted, I have tried two different access points, several different time zones......and the error (500) remains the same.

I have been shipping my Air2S and SC back and forth to DJI Support three times already and so far they have said they've replaced 1 card in the SC and two cards in the Air2s....but just can't seem to make this work.  Is anyone else also experiencing major issues with their product support?  Getting support to communicate has also been very frustrating...

Looking for any suggestions....  Thanks.
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules