1532 7 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cori
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2519977 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Last summer my research group bought a Matrice 200 to launch and fly from our boat.  It was our understanding when we purchasd the equipment that the home point would update automatically as the boat (and controller) moved, using the Dynamic Home Point capability of DJIGo4.  When we started using the aircraft, we were dismayed to learn that Dynamic Home Point capability has not been implemented for the Matrice 200 series.

I spoke with DJI at the time and was told to file a request that the Dynamic Home Point be implemented for the Matrice 200 series.   I did that but nothing has changed.   We can and do update home point manually as we fly, but doing requires navigating a series of menus and is time consuming and distracting for the pilot---not a great solution at all.

We would like to purchase a second Matrice this spring, but not having  Dynamic Home Point capability is a complete deal-breaker.

I would caution anyone considering purchasing any drone in DJI's enterprise series to look into its capabilities very carefully.  DJI has engineered and built some solid and capable high-end drones, but inadequate control system software and the failure of DJI to invest in firmware updates for its high-end aircraft limits their capabilities.  Not providing decont pro-level control software and failing to implement capabilities of its consumer level drones in its much more expensive pro drones makes no sense.  One gets the impression that the company can't decide if it should stick to smart toys or break into cutting edge professional products.  Hope it makes up its mind soon.

2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cori, currently, Dynamic Home Point is not available for Matrice 200, your need and request will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-19
Use props
Cori
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

HI Mindy

Any developments with this?  Will Dynamic Home Point be implemented for the Matrice 200 soon?  What about the Matrice 200 V2---will that have it?

2019-3-19
Use props
Cori
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Mindy

Still hoping for a reply to my question about the Matrice lacking dynamic home range implementation.   It would make the Matrice 200 series very useful for boat-based operations.   WIthout it, I can't justify purchasing a second Matrice  for my operation or recommend it for anyone working from a boat, and .  I'd really appreciate  an answer...please!
2019-4-15
Use props
Cori
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Cori Posted at 4-15 21:53
Hi Mindy

Still hoping for a reply to my question about the Matrice lacking dynamic home range implementation.   It would make the Matrice 200 series very useful for boat-based operations.   WIthout it, I can't justify purchasing a second Matrice  for my operation or recommend it for anyone working from a boat, and .  I'd really appreciate  an answer...please!

Hellooooo DJI.  Is anyone there?  Would really appreciate an answer to my question...
2019-5-13
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Cori Posted at 5-13 11:22
Hellooooo DJI.  Is anyone there?  Would really appreciate an answer to my question...

Nope. If you cave and buy the matrice you'll soon regret it and get the same level of support you're getting here. I suggest you look at professional platforms outside of DJI. The initial process will be more difficult at first, but the benefits are well worth it
2019-5-14
Use props
Cori
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

HyperSpectral Posted at 5-14 04:01
Nope. If you cave and buy the matrice you'll soon regret it and get the same level of support you're getting here. I suggest you look at professional platforms outside of DJI. The initial process will be more difficult at first, but the benefits are well worth it

Thanks HyperSpectral.  Reading other threads, I see that Dynamic Home Point hasn't even implemented for the Mavic Pro2.  DJI seems to have gone to a reverse upgrade model...each time you upgrade to a new unit you lose rather than gain functionality. Buyer beware.

We were going to add a second Matrice to our fleet (the Matrice 200 V2) but (luckily for us), delivery to our local drone shop was delayed and we were able to cancel the order.  What non-DJI drones with Matrice-like capability would you recommend?
2019-5-25
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Cori Posted at 5-25 13:33
Thanks HyperSpectral.  Reading other threads, I see that Dynamic Home Point hasn't even implemented for the Mavic Pro2.  DJI seems to have gone to a reverse upgrade model...each time you upgrade to a new unit you lose rather than gain functionality. Buyer beware.

We were going to add a second Matrice to our fleet (the Matrice 200 V2) but (luckily for us), delivery to our local drone shop was delayed and we were able to cancel the order.  What non-DJI drones with Matrice-like capability would you recommend?

What is your use case? Alta makes a great plaform, however the cost and size can be a burden.

For general custom payloads <3lb's I would recommend a custom built system of some sort. You can get away with a solution similar to DJI's "Ready to fly" products but product compatibility is an issue.

The new sensefly products aren't bad, especially if you have a lot of area to map. But if you're looking for high GSD's at low altitude for small projects you should be looking for something that can hover.
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules