Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Usb-c splitter
7878 30 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yanncd
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello everybody,
does someone has tried this kind of adapter ?
Can be usefull to charge and get external mike at same time...

https://www.amazon.fr/g%C3%A9n%C3%A9rique-2-en-1-Adaptateur-Splitter-Compatible/dp/B07FTDTYL7/ref=asc_df_B07G974R4N/?tag=googshopfr-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=227923789387&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8034767579131013960&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006094&hvtargid=pla-525617532862&th=1

thanks
2019-1-17
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

i mean "external mic" of course.
2019-1-17
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have one arriving today, I will let you know if it works
2019-1-18
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ManchesterOP Posted at 1-18 00:14
I have one arriving today, I will let you know if it works

Great thanks :-)
2019-1-18
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ManchesterOP Posted at 1-18 00:14
I have one arriving today, I will let you know if it works

Thx .... Interesting option if its compatible with the OP
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information regarding the Usb-c splitter for the DJI Osmo Pocket.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the Usb-c splitter will work, however, since it's not yet optimized and tested for the DJI Osmo Pocket we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Usb-c splitter if this will work all the time while using it. Thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i can confirm with and without power it currently does NOT work with a Rode VideoMicro
2019-1-18
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Bummer .. Here are a couple of New options that are supposed to support OP 1st Is just USB-C to Audio the 2nd is USB-C Splitter with Audio
Ive Ordered the Spltter version and will post how/if it works with OP
it seems most standard USB-C to Audio dont work these 2 say they do support the OP.

1) ... https://goo.gl/bxRmjn

2) ... https://goo.gl/Cwi3qw

USB-C to Audio

USB-C to Audio

USB-C Splitter with Audio

USB-C Splitter with Audio
2019-1-18
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tried some more tests this morning with a powered lav mic, TRS and TRRS cables still no sound
Hopefully Zoom has more success
2019-1-19
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ManchesterOP Posted at 1-19 01:35
Tried some more tests this morning with a powered lav mic, TRS and TRRS cables still no sound
Hopefully Zoom has more success

Hello,
what do you mean by "Hopefully Zoom has more success" ?
2019-1-20
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

the user "Zoom" 3 posts above
Hopefully the splitter he ordered works
But i dont think any will work until the firmware release from DJI activates the usb to audio feature, which will come as soon as their dongle is released( I assume )

I'm waiting til the next firmware release before trying anything else
2019-1-20
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

ManchesterOP Posted at 1-20 05:28
the user "Zoom" 3 posts above
Hopefully the splitter he ordered works
But i dont think any will work until the firmware release from DJI activates the usb to audio feature, which will come as soon as their dongle is released( I assume )

The only reason I ordered the above Splitter was it stated support OP .. will have wait till it arrives before I can confirm.
RE needing new FW for Audio dongle to work ... Ive seen YT videos for DJI dongle and it seems to work OK so IMHO its probally already in the FW.
I think the DJI Dongle may be propriety design and thats why standard USB-C Audio Dongles are not working

PS But Ive been wrong before ..
2019-1-20
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

:-)
Thanks for all informations, i will stay tuned.
Bests regards,
Yann
2019-1-21
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Hello all the wait is over

The USB-C Mic adapter arrived today https://goo.gl/Cwi3qw
Tested it out plugged into USB-C and even tried it with the wifi module

Its the same as every other normal Mic Adapter - DOES NOT WORK AT ALL "caveat emptor"  

IMHO DJI seem to be using some type of propriety USB-C cables Why ?? = DJI $$
I don't believe its a FW issue

Cheers

2019-2-1
Use props
fansdd6f7bd7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This feature is extremely important in my eyes. Battery life isn't great, and neither is the internal mic. If I can power the unit via a USB power bank (and thus my phone too!) AND have a quality external mic, that is a massive plus to me.

Also, fast forward to when the unit has been charged 400 times and the battery reaches the end of it's life - if ANYONE wants to continue using it, this is how you will have to do it.
2019-2-1
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

If someone needs "fantastic" sound it's better to use an external recorder (with microSD), f.e.
Zoom H1n for less than € 90 - with 2x AAA

2019-2-1
Use props
NMalisani
Canada

They need to make a charging handle, with a mic output, i think that will be a winner
2019-2-1
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

BeterBan Posted at 2-1 02:29
If someone needs "fantastic" sound it's better to use an external recorder (with microSD), f.e.

This is an excellent option until the DJI Audio Adapter is available and then it can still be used in situations to capture environmental audio that may be useful in a particular video.  It can be connected to the cold shoe on any of the phone holders now avaialble.
2019-2-1
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

zoom Posted at 1-18 20:50
Bummer .. Here are a couple of New options that are supposed to support OP 1st Is just USB-C to Audio the 2nd is USB-C Splitter with Audio
Ive Ordered the Spltter version and will post how/if it works with OP
it seems most standard USB-C to Audio dont work these 2 say they do support the OP.

The seller explicitly states that its compatible with OP
2019-2-1
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BeterBan Posted at 2-1 02:29

Seems like a much better way to go to record good useable audio....more predictable and precise control. You can use it with your other cameras if that is your setup.
2019-2-1
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

I suspect they haven't activated the port for audio yet.  When they issue the firmware release to support their audio adapter all of a sudden all these other adapters will start working.
2019-2-1
Use props
fanse44dcf9d
New

Netherlands

Has this been solved DJI? It is a must have!!
2019-6-20
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

To be clear, DJI made its own proprietary audio jack, that does not allow us to charge OP in the same time.
Unless DJI made another adapter that allows this, or some 3rd party crack the proprietary code and made such dongles, we won't be able to charge and use mic on OP at the same time.

Bad design, but yes, that is all we get right now.
2019-6-20
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Rats!  I was looking to implement a proper USB-C external mic on the Osmo Pocket.  I will still get it, as the Osmo Pocket isn't the only camera I will use it with.
2019-6-21
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

It's a  shame I was hoping for this.  Maybe future FW update  please DJI
2019-7-8
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

Chinese says "wait one hundred years for the waters in the Yellow River to clear"
2019-7-8
Use props
djiuser_zBI1FsZRADsh
lvl.1

India

fkkkkkkkk

Cannot use microphone + charging or microphone + wifi, I am not going to waste money in DJY, best to buy FIMI palm and for the drone, parrot drones. OSMO pocket will be the worse purchase of my entire life.
2020-5-21
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both the next versions of the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Actions really need to allow for external microphone without an adapter and live streaming.  Are you listening DJI?
2020-5-21
Use props
MoisesMNY
lvl.1

United States

Why didn't I research this before I spent hundreds of dollars!!!
2020-9-7
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

All:

There is another pocket cam competitor out that has a more advanced mic output.
It has a spring clip to attach the phone more in line with the camera.
You will see reviews soon. I posted this 9-22-2020

On a separate note I am going to try a 60 ft powered USB cable with type C tip adapters
to extend the field range of the OSMO to the phone. Type C is only good to 16 ft.

Bill
2020-9-22
Use props
wildbill999
lvl.2
United States

wildbill999 Posted at 9-22 10:26
All:

There is another pocket cam competitor out that has a more advanced mic output.

Folks:

These sound record options sound really great!!!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1590123-REG/snoppa_snoopa_vmate_micro_3_axis.html/overview
2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules