Looks like the spark has a clone
8582 38 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Apart from the controller it looks very much like a spark clone lol 20190118_065335.jpg
2019-1-18
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

and what's a price of this miracle?
2019-1-18
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-18 03:15
and what's a price of this miracle?

its US$269.99 from what i see on the website
2019-1-18
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

What's the brand and where did that come from? It looks suspiciously like a spark.
2019-1-18
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

The only thing I see in the spec sheet that may interest some people is the weight, 248g.
2019-1-18
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

The battery looks almost the same but it has 5 led lights and its 950 mAH
2019-1-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If it is that one, I saw in a video, it is no competition (video quality) to the Spark.
Aside the price. But you just get what you paid for!
2019-1-18
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Proteous Posted at 1-18 05:29
The battery looks almost the same but it has 5 led lights and its 950 mAH
[view_image]

Against 1480 mAH Spark Battery
2019-1-18
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

S-e-ven Posted at 1-18 05:49
If it is that one, I saw in a video, it is no competition (video quality) to the Spark.

Lol I totally agree the video quality sucks compared to the spark, i dont think it will pose a threat to DJI in any way
2019-1-18
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Proteous Posted at 1-18 06:10
Lol I totally agree the video quality sucks compared to the spark, i dont think it will pose a threat to DJI in any way

Just its weight exempts it os the 250g - 25kg  regulations.
2019-1-18
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

They have another model that looks like a Mavic.  There aircraft looks the same the presentation on the website looks exactly like DJI they really copied everything. The only thing I like is the Spark Copy hood that gives me an idea to customize my Spark hood.
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Proteous. Thank you for sharing this information.
2019-1-18
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I would only consider anything from C-Fly, either the Obtain or Dream,  if it was priced below $100. The camera quality is on a par with the cheapest of action cameras and the quality of the build and electronics of the two is, putting it quite bluntly, crap. I would put them in the same category as the Simtoo Fairy and CGO33, meaning they would be an interesting hack project if purchased for less than a maximum of $100.

If you want a good quality photo/video drone accept no imitations and get yourself the original product that these lesser free flight copies have been kluged from.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, that does look the same.
2019-1-18
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Nidge Posted at 1-18 11:41
I would only consider anything from C-Fly, either the Obtain or Dream,  if it was priced below $100. The camera quality is on a par with the cheapest of action cameras and the quality of the build and electronics of the two is, putting it quite bluntly, crap. I would put them in the same category as the Simtoo Fairy and CGO33, meaning they would be an interesting hack project if purchased for less than a maximum of $100.

If you want a good quality photo/video drone accept no imitations and get yourself the original product that these lesser free flight copies have been kluged from.

well said, i would love to see whats on the inside though, even the software is similar to Dji go 4
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I wonder what its flight range is?
2019-1-18
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

The problem with all these fake spark and mavic is that they have a fake gimbal that is not working. The video quality is absolutely awful. There is no point buying these POS.
2019-1-18
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 1-18 05:49
If it is that one, I saw in a video, it is no competition (video quality) to the Spark.

No actually, you don't even get for what you pay for in this case. The video is total garbage. If it was 100$ or 150$, it might be ok.
2019-1-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

TheVegeta1974 Posted at 1-18 17:12
I wonder what its flight range is?

I just watched a video on youtube of a guy doing a distance test and he got out to 530 meters.
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 1-18 19:19
I just watched a video on youtube of a guy doing a distance test and he got out to 530 meters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz39r2Gn54

Thanks not bad for 150$ bucks
2019-1-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

TheVegeta1974 Posted at 1-18 19:29

I agree. Camera wasn't that great, but it would definitely be a good beginner drone for people who can't afford a Spark.
2019-1-18
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 1-18 19:19
I just watched a video on youtube of a guy doing a distance test and he got out to 530 meters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz39r2Gn54

I’d take what many of the YT shillers say with a very large pinch of salt. Many are trying to make or supplement their income with their uploads and affiliate links, and if they heavily criticise a product they fear the usual suspects (Gearbest, Banggood, etc) will stop supplying them with product to review.

I would also go as far as to suggest that it’s a false economy recommending something like this as a first camera drone. They maybe a $100 or so cheaper than the product they are attempting to knock off but they still represent very poor value for money. In the long run you’d be better off saving your money for a little longer and purchasing the product you deserve.

If you’re still not convinced I’ve included a picture of what one of these things look like under the hood. I build and repair a lot of electronic equipment, including drones, and I would be totally embarrassed/ashamed of myself if my workmanship was this poor.

Regards

Nidge.

7E858040-6665-400F-8168-9E1EE0A73C43.jpeg
2019-1-19
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 1-18 23:50
I agree. Camera wasn't that great, but it would definitely be a good beginner drone for people who can't afford a Spark.

I couldn't afford a Spark when I wanted it so I waited and saved for 6 month now I have a Spark and I'm really happy I didn't buy cheap crap instead.
2019-1-19
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

Nidge Posted at 1-19 01:44
I’d take what many of the YT shillers say with a very large pinch of salt. Many are trying to make or supplement their income with their uploads and affiliate links, and if they heavily criticise a product they fear the usual suspects (Gearbest, Banggood, etc) will stop supplying them with product to review.

I would also go as far as to suggest that it’s a false economy recommending something like this as a first camera drone. They maybe a $100 or so cheaper than the product they are attempting to knock off but they still represent very poor value for money. In the long run you’d be better off saving your money for a little longer and purchasing the product you deserve.

Oh my god in all the things I have taken apart and repaired I'v never seen something as awful as that.
2019-1-19
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Nidge Posted at 1-19 01:44

It looks like this one fell into the water. There is rust and trace of water left inside.

I would like to see how the gimbal is made. How can it possibly have such crappy video (jello, shaking etc.) with a fonctionning gimbal??

But one thing is very interesting, if it is under 250g, then maybe DJI can make one that is under that weight and with a decent camera?
2019-1-19
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

TheVegeta1974 Posted at 1-18 19:29

But t's not 150$, it's near 300$ usd! put 100$ more and you get the Spark.
2019-1-19
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 1-19 07:40
It looks like this one fell into the water. There is rust and trace of water left inside.

I would like to see how the gimbal is made. How can it possibly have such crappy video (jello, shaking etc.) with a fonctionning gimbal??

I’m not sure of the source of the picture as I just grabbed it from a Google Images search. However I wouldn’t be surprised if it left the factory like that as the pictures I saw of the Obtain assembly line, from one of their Facebook posts, led me to believe that Health and Safety and cleanliness was not high on C-Fly’s priorities.

As for the weight I think it’s lighter than the Spark because the battery is only 950mAh, or so they claim as many Chinese dodgy battery manufacturers quite often exaggerate battery capacities, and also it’s not made of the similar impact resistant materials that DJI use in their manufacturing. All this adds credence that the C-Fly Dream is not a credible camera drone but just a poor quality copy of the Spark.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-1-19
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

WOW, that's bad. On a better note - Love my Spark!
2019-1-19
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

We all agree its a cheap copy, video quality is poor ,and its over priced
2019-1-19
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

it looks very weird to me, I've also seen the review of this drone but i don't know why other company's make a clone of the actual dji spark is it because marketing ?
2019-1-19
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Something about getting a clone I dont like.  No company tries to copy a looser, only the best. I'll stick to the
2019-2-7
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Something about getting a clone I dont like.  No company tries to copy a looser, only the best. I'll stick to the Spark
2019-2-7
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Gator Don Posted at 2-7 09:27
Something about getting a clone I dont like.  No company tries to copy a looser, only the best. I'll stick to the Spark

lol that is true
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Gazillion of wannabe spark clones nowaday.... that dream rebranded as JJRC and with lower price:
https://www.banggood.com/JJRC-X9 ... mp;cur_warehouse=CN

I mean, everyone and it's brother is doing spark clone nowadays.
2019-2-7
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

gmozo Posted at 1-19 19:13
it looks very weird to me, I've also seen the review of this drone but i don't know why other company's make a clone of the actual dji spark is it because marketing ?

They didn't just clone the spark they cloned the mavic too and they cloned the website.
2019-2-7
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 11:41
Gazillion of wannabe spark clones nowaday.... that dream rebranded as JJRC and with lower price:
https://www.banggood.com/JJRC-X9-Heron-GPS-5G-WiFi-FPV-with-1080P-Camera-Optical-Flow-Positioning-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1422116.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=ysq&utm_campaign=rc-sds-fpv-test&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3d2tirCq4AIViEHTCh1VMAT7EAAYASAAEgLCmvD_BwE&ID=233&cur_warehouse=CN

Wow, Banggood has even a Mavic clone for almost no money:
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine ... ml?rmmds=mywishlist

I'm almost tempted to get one just to see how crappy it is

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-8
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 2-8 00:58
Wow, Banggood has even a Mavic clone for almost no money:
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E511-WIFI-FPV-With-1080P-Camera-17mins-Flight-Time-High-Hold-Mode-Foldable-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1361612.html?rmmds=mywishlist

Toward the end of last year there were a lot of adverts appearing on social media - Facebook, Instagram, etc - offering “High Quality Cinematic 4K Folding Drones”. for $150 or so. The pictures they used were ripped off from DJI (Mavic Air), Walkera (Vitus), and Yuneec (MantisQ).  What the gullible purchaser received was actually one of these cheap brushless toys, if they were lucky enough to receive anything in the first place.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-2-8
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Nidge Posted at 2-8 08:42
Toward the end of last year there were a lot of adverts appearing on social media - Facebook, Instagram, etc - offering “High Quality Cinematic 4K Folding Drones”. for $150 or so. The pictures they used were ripped off from DJI (Mavic Air), Walkera (Vitus), and Yuneec (MantisQ).  What the gullible purchaser received was actually one of these cheap brushless toys, if they were lucky enough to receive anything in the first place.

Regards

Hi Nidge,

You're absolutely right. One can't expect a 4K camera drone that's nearly as good as a Mavic for $150. Of course, these "clones" all have brushed motors (not brushless), where cheap motors and plastic gears will give up very soon.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-9
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

darkfull1 Posted at 2-7 17:21
They didn't just clone the spark they cloned the mavic too and they cloned the website.

Wow what a bunch of copy cats...
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules