Mimo and usb-c > lightning
1208 13 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

I have an osmo pocket. do you know if can i start the Mimo app by connecting the usb-c port of the OP to the lightning socket of the iphone?
2019-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

if I connect the op with iphone through the cables in the picture the app Mimo asks for the adapter for lightning as photos and then does not start

IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0193.PNG
IMG_0188.JPG
2019-1-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Universal Port (located above the on/off-record buttons) must have it's cover on, OR the Lightening/USB-c adapter must be pointed inward (i.e. in the opposite position from when it's connected to your phone).  The photos you provide shows that the Universal Port is open and that might be why your getting those messages.  I have an Apple lightening to USC-C cable and I plugged it into the USB-C Port at the bottom of the device.  With it plugged into my iPhone, Mimo booted when I started the device.  PS-thanks for including the photo's... it really helps finding possible solutions!
2019-1-18
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have no problem using my Osmo Pocket with an iPhone XS and genuine Apple USB-C to Lightning cable.  Works identically to the adapters.
2019-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

onymar Posted at 1-18 11:14
I have no problem using my Osmo Pocket with an iPhone XS and genuine Apple USB-C to Lightning cable.  Works identically to the adapters.

thank you. why does not it work with this type of connection?
2019-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

WebParrot Posted at 1-18 07:19
The Universal Port (located above the on/off-record buttons) must have it's cover on, OR the Lightening/USB-c adapter must be pointed inward (i.e. in the opposite position from when it's connected to your phone).  The photos you provide shows that the Universal Port is open and that might be why your getting those messages.  I have an Apple lightening to USC-C cable and I plugged it into the USB-C Port at the bottom of the device.  With it plugged into my iPhone, Mimo booted when I started the device.  PS-thanks for including the photo's... it really helps finding possible solutions!

thank you. I feel like that
2019-1-18
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I use the IOGear USB-C 3.0 male type to USB-A female type adapter cable connected to the my OP,  which allows me to connect to my iPhone or iPad with the standard iPhone or iPad cable.
2019-1-19
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

thank you all. you give me all confirm that the Mimo app works with the usb-c port. But then why with the cables that I use the mime app does not work? are not the cables good? yet they are original. lightning male-usb female (genuine Apple) and usb-c male-usb male (genuine Dji). if I connect with these cables, a message appears "do you want to connect to this PC?".  So, instead of starting the Mimo app, it starts importing the files on the OP. why?
2019-1-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

egargiulo Posted at 1-19 21:17
thank you all. you give me all confirm that the Mimo app works with the usb-c port. But then why with the cables that I use the mime app does not work? are not the cables good? yet they are original. lightning male-usb female (genuine Apple) and usb-c male-usb male (genuine Dji). if I connect with these cables, a message appears "do you want to connect to this PC?".  So, instead of starting the Mimo app, it starts importing the files on the OP. why?

There is always the possibility that the Apple Lightening to USB adaptor is in some way "proprietary", something other than a simple, direct connection.
As pointed out earlier, the Apple lightening to USB-C cord works fine, given that the phone adaptor is reversed, or replaced by the original cover.
2019-1-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Curt1591 Posted at 1-20 00:59
There is always the possibility that the Apple Lightening to USB adaptor is in some way "proprietary", something other than a simple, direct connection.
As pointed out earlier, the Apple lightening to USB-C cord works fine, given that the phone adaptor is reversed, or replaced by the original cover.

so at the end you suggest me to try with a direct connection through this cable https://www.amazon.it/gp/product ... 0N2L0IEAM&psc=1
2019-1-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

egargiulo Posted at 1-20 03:08
so at the end you suggest me to try with a direct connection through this cable https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07CWPZ6DZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1J4K0N2L0IEAM&psc=1

That's what works for me.
2019-1-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Curt1591 Posted at 1-20 14:01
That's what works for me.

thank you. ok. OP works with the genuine cable. Another question: does the Mimo app on Iphone not rotate when I rotate the smatphone?
2019-1-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I believe it keeps the same orientation whichever way the phone is held. I remember having to turn the phone to use the app.
2019-1-21
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Curt1591 Posted at 1-21 04:23
I believe it keeps the same orientation whichever way the phone is held. I remember having to turn the phone to use the app.

ok. thank you
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules