dji spark remote antenna broken
3017 17 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

hey. i’ve had my spark for about 20 days. so today i was flying my spark and i dropped the remote on concrete. i’m so mad that i dropped it. one of the antennas broke out of the socket but is still connected to the remote by a string. i was able to land my spark immediately and the remote still connects to the spark. i haven’t tried flying because i don’t want to have the possibility of something happening. so do you think i should sent it into dji for repair or just buy a new one? or just keep flying it and tape it?? i already had to deal with dji support like a week ago with a faulty battery, and it went ok except for at first they charged me. i will attach pictures. i’m so bummed. but it could be worse... so what do you think i should do.
F0418915-2203-41B2-881B-4E09B7C29AFB.jpeg
E0CDCCBA-330D-4C25-9D89-7D270C7CD78B.jpeg
4FE71C49-EA09-49BB-B92F-DC105F7D070E.jpeg
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to hear about the mishap. It is recommended to send in the remote controller for repair service. We have a professional team that will help you to fix it. You can contact our support for further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

The cable seems to be still attached but it's hard to know it it's intact in the antenna. It's highly probable that it is perfectly fine but no way to know for sure without sending it to repair.
2019-1-18
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I doesn't look like any of the plastic is broken and the wire looks fine.  I'm thinking that maybe it just popped out and perhaps you can snap it back into place.  The antenna looks like it will snap back in.  Give it a try.
2019-1-18
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 1-18 10:38
I doesn't look like any of the plastic is broken and the wire looks fine.  I'm thinking that maybe it just popped out and perhaps you can snap it back into place.  The antenna looks like it will snap back in.  Give it a try.

trust me, i tried. but it just won't pop back in. i probably will send it in for repair which will hopefully be free if they just need to maneuver it to pop back in.
2019-1-18
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

MccloudSpark Posted at 1-18 10:38

I second MccloudSpark suggestion, you probably push back the antenna in its socket.
2019-1-18
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE i sent it in to dji for repair. hopefully it will be free because they may not have to replace parts
2019-1-18
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE i sent it in to dji for repair. hopefully it will be free because they may not have to replace parts
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6f66f9da Posted at 1-18 13:28

Hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any assistance, please keep us updated with the case number, thanks.
2019-1-18
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE less than 2 week turn around time including shipping! wow, I am impressed with their service this time around
2019-1-31
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Glad to hear that you have your RC back. Time to fly!  
2019-1-31
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

Warriewoodlad Posted at 1-31 13:03
Glad to hear that you have your RC back. Time to fly!

want to, but it is 15 F outside. should i risk it? i will warm the batteries before
2019-1-31
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Yesterday we had 38°C (100°F) in Sydney , which is  too hot to fly (for me that is, I don't know about the Spark or it's batteries).
2019-1-31
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

It would likely be best to have the remote repaired. Personally I would tape it for now. You said that you have used the repair service once which means you have 1 more for this contract. If near the end of my 1 year contract I still had one repair available and my spark was working well, then I would send in the controller for repair.
2019-2-15
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Gator Don Posted at 2-15 11:42
It would likely be best to have the remote repaired. Personally I would tape it for now. You said that you have used the repair service once which means you have 1 more for this contract. If near the end of my 1 year contract I still had one repair available and my spark was working well, then I would send in the controller for repair.

Well I should have read the other messages first, it appears you have already had it repaired. Have fun flying.
2019-2-15
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

Gator Don Posted at 2-15 11:42
It would likely be best to have the remote repaired. Personally I would tape it for now. You said that you have used the repair service once which means you have 1 more for this contract. If near the end of my 1 year contract I still had one repair available and my spark was working well, then I would send in the controller for repair.

all good now though costed 71 dollars since care refresh doesn’t cover remote
2019-2-15
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

fans6f66f9da Posted at 2-15 11:46
all good now though costed 71 dollars since care refresh doesn’t cover remote

Oh, it does not, that is good to know.
2019-2-15
Use props
peterwo2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9695 ft

this is an old post but my 2 cents,  rather than sending it back for repair it would have been a good idea to check out those flat dish long range antennas that some drone companies sale for that controller it cost about 120 bucks and maybe cheaper than the repair. and you get a better signal to boot.  just my thoughts.
2019-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules