2107 5 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirDogMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444560 ft
  • >>>
United States

We fly Phantom 4 Pros with DroneDeploy and Autopilot every week. The Autopilot application flies a basic waypoint mission recording a progress video.

The problem we've been having is that the video resolution is being set to 720p. This started about a month ago. Autopilot doesn't set the resolution being recorded, it just records with whatever was last used in DJI Go4 app. We are having to change the resolution up to our desired 1080p setting every week before flights. This has even happened with a vendor we use who has the same equipment and apps.

Is there something new in DJI Go that is always changing the resolution back to 720p? We have been flying with these apps and drones for about 2 years now and it has only recently become an issue.

Our prost production video automation process requires 1080p content so being caught off guard with 720p content is causing some issues.

Looking into using Litchi instead of Autopilot, but I suspect the problem is with DJI Go4 and not these 3rd party apps since neither app allows you to choose the resolution when recording.
2019-1-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Most of the third party apps do not have settings features, so you need the DJI Go app to set-up the aircraft and camera. During this setting, the aircraft must be powered on and connected. But once you have set the desired resolution, it should stay set. If not then it may be that your third party apps are changing it back.

One thing however, if you are looking at the video clips on your mobile device, they are always in 720p mode, because they are only locally cached copies of the video. The real files are on the SD card in the aircraft. Pop the card out, place it in an adapter and copy the files off the card.

If you are flying waypoint missions, then Litchi is best for that purpose.

2019-1-18
Use props
zbowman.
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

That's sort of our exact issue though. We are changing the settings with the drone connected and then it will change back. Sometimes on the very next flight.
Am actively setting up  Litchi to see if it can replace our Autopilot usage.
2019-1-21
Use props
SlammyD90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its drone deploy. Does it to me everytime.
2019-1-23
Use props
zbowman.
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

SlammyD90 Posted at 1-23 18:04
Its drone deploy. Does it to me everytime.

Woah really? We've been using Drone Deploy for even longer than we've been using Autopilot.

What do you do? Use DD then manually flip the resolution in DJI Go4 before going to any other application? Do you have a workaround or workflow?
2019-1-23
Use props
SlammyD90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is exactly what i do. I open dji go 4, set my aperture, iso, shutter speed, then exit out of dji go 4 and go into dd.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules