123Next >
22442 91 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qNCIOj0GSBB7
New

Italy

djiuser_BCJfRCpVz9Xz Posted at 1-23 04:41
Same issue with my Huawei P20 Pro. When I try connecting it, the status bar shows up for a second, but nothing happens.  So the module is totally useless in current state.

Stesso telefono stesso problema; non si connette !
tu hai risolto in qualche modo ?
2019-2-11
Use props
Holytotemic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77172 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 15:13
Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

Saying it is compatible with the pixel 2xl is an outright lie. I am rightfully t I just spent $50 on an adapter that is basically a stand for my Osmo at this point. DJI needs to fix this asap, how hard would it have been to include this right into the camera instead of making a non-working dongle that makes the device too big to put in the case.
2019-2-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

This is interesting!
In another comment, I complained that my Galaxy S8 + phone was connected to the DJI Pocket, it would start charging, even if I didn't want it.
Then I got the suggestion from you to use a wireless module.
Now, is it not compatible with Galaxy S8?

I think it's a bit of a mess!
It would have been good to clarify and publish compatibility lists before the product appeared.
It hasn't been written at any time during operation that connected to Android phone has less operating time !!!
2019-2-15
Use props
Ramage
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Wireless works flawlessly on my Samsung Note 8 using Wifi.  I never connect the Osmo to my phone anymore just setup my shots with the Wireless module. If I setup a timelapse I often reconnect and check progress and again never have issues. Plus the range is good I can use it anywhere in my house.   
2019-2-15
Use props
Phibo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2812 ft
Austria

isdoo Posted at 1-29 01:09
How do you change the OP to 2.4? Can't find it.

From livescreen swipe down once and enter setings (gear symbol).
Swipe to the right until you see "Accessories".
Enter it, enter "Wireless Module" swipe right once again - there you go.
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_0Pu8JBrjrTah
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I'm using Galaxy S8+ , it works perfectly, but... ...it must turn off the Cellular Data function before !
2019-2-28
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

kmer Posted at 1-18 23:53
After testing a lot of different ways to have it work with my Moto Z2 Force I have finally found a solution. But improvements is needed from DJI.

1. Don't pair the wireless module over Blutooth (Remove it from the Bluetooth settings if already paired).

My wireless connection to OP with my galaxy note 9 is pretty much similar to yours, except I am using 5.8GHz, everything from phone's controlling to file download (OP to phone) is just fine. I have no idea why BT connection won't work on my side (perhaps because I have at least 20 hardwares in BT list?)

Extra caution is required to create WiFi password for the connection
2019-2-28
Use props
HinMa
lvl.2
Hong Kong

For Samsung Galaxy series... ...

We have known the wireless module issues it was caused by Mobile Data function. If we turn off it before connect the wireless module every time, it isn't efficiency.

I found the Good Lock 2018 App by Samsung it should have solved this problem :

1. Open "Good Lock 2018"

2. Go Routines

3. Add a new rule

4. like this... ...

After open the DJI Mimo, the Mobile Data function will turn off when leave the app turn on automatically.
2019-2-28
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

HinMa Posted at 2-28 16:44
For Samsung Galaxy series... ...

We have known the wireless module issues it was caused by Mobile Data function. If we turn off it before connect the wireless module every time, it isn't efficiency.

Hmmm, I am using Galaxy note 9 and I don't have to install any extra app (on top of MIMO) to use the wireless function. AND I don't have to switch off mobile data in note 9 to connect to OP. Just switch on WIFI and pair up the "OsmoPocket-XXX" in WIFI selections. Once paired up, a message  "you might not use internet" prompt up  and Start DJI MIMO, choose device connect --> camera. Then you see what OP shoot on Note 9.

In order to make "OsmoPocket-XXX" shown on WIFI list, do a one-off BT pair up in presence of WIFI, and switch on WIFI, BT pair up failure will make the new ""OsmoPocket-XXX" entry shown on wifi.

But I am not sure if the same could be applied to other galaxy phones. Samsung is still the most popular phone around the globe & I am totally baffled why DJI didnt do any testing MIMO's application on Samsung

2019-2-28
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wireless module works fine with my Moto G5+. Here's a video proving it. I hold my phone up at the begining of the video showing the wireless working.
2019-3-2
Use props
sdhp
lvl.1
Germany

Does not work with Honor 9, I need to use my Ipad, which is not what I always want to do as pocket is all about mobility...
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_C3yyWkJ7OXhO
New

United Kingdom

fansa31179e2 Posted at 1-18 18:05
I own a pixel 2 which DJI states it works it. It doesn't I get the same exact problem as the user above. When I plug the wireless module in then turn on my camera and open the APP, the whole can find the osmo pocket. Then it tries to connect to it, and nothing happens. The light on the wireless module stays red, so I basically paid $50 for something that doesn't work....

Just paid £50 for this and Pixel two doesn't connect
Come on DJI sort this out!
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_798dv3JnMgGr
lvl.1

India

Why am I not able to see the templetes if I connect to wireless module of osmo pocket?
2019-4-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The BT connection seems to need the wireless connection to be functioning also - on Android or iPhone.  Turning off wifi when connected to the Pocket by BT breaks the connection.  On my Android phone, there seems to be a Mimo bug such that connecting via BT actually turns off wifi, so the connection isn't established.  It should turn wifi on, not off.  That's what happens on the iPhone.  If you establish the BT connection when wifi is off, the Mimo app will turn on wifi.
2019-4-1
Use props
EddyLowe
New
United Kingdom

psitech Posted at 1-31 23:16
Another Pixel 3 XL user here.  As stated above, the only way I can get mine to work is Airplane mode and turn wifi on as djiuser_8KtvvEYJGrej posted.  I've wasted over 2 hours fighting with this thing.  I can't fathom that DJI wouldn't test with pixel 3's.  This is beyond frustrating.

It works consistently on my Pixel 3 XL - doesn't matter if it is 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
The only trick is to not initially connect using the camera icon in MIMO - instead connect using the Android wifi settings. If it has already connected to the OP hotspot, connect to another wifi, then reconnect to OP hotspot (default security key is 12341234).
You should see the OP screen go blank and the green light go on the base - then go back to the MIMO app and click on the camera icon.
No real hardship...
2019-4-5
Use props
Georgyboy78
New
United States

Hello I have just purchased the Osmo pocket expansion kit and I’m not happy with the WiFi module at all. First of all the module won’t connect via Bluetooth it won’t even recognize it I have tried every tips I have found on the net but still won’t work. And when I connect it via WiFi the connection is very unstable and breaks often, and believe me this is very annoying since this kit is not cheap. And I’m using an iPhone X and all my firmware is up to date so I think my module is defective or something it’s clearly not only android users are having issues with it also iOS is, I think I will ask for a return and refund
2019-4-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Another Pixel 3 XL user here.  As stated above, the only way I can get mine to work is Airplane mode and turn wifi on as djiuser_8KtvvEYJGrej posted.  I've wasted over 2 hours fighting with this thing.  I can't fathom that DJI wouldn't test with pixel 3's.  This is beyond frustrating.

Do you really expect them to have EVERY phone on Earth so they can make it compatible with EVERYTHING?  

2019-4-7
Use props
fans1e8b1a53
New

United States

I have the Galaxy S9+ with a Otterbox Defender case. I found an Amazon USB-C extender adapter (or you could do the same with a short USB-C extension cable!). The fitting when placed in a typical smartphone/Pocket mount accessory also available all over Amazon does add to the stability you won't get "hanging" the phone/Pocket from just the adapter.
2019-4-7
Use props
fans1e8b1a53
New

United States

I use a USB-C extender/adapter fitting found on Amazon to give the Pocket adapter that extra length as well as width to get through my Otterbox Defender case. It works just like that BUT adding one of those smartphone/Pocket brackets tying the two together is much more stable and secure. Mine is now rock solid. I agree that a dependable wireless connection would be ideal also. It's Gen 1, I guess. As always, the next iteration will possibly have all the features mentioned while we're stuck with the old. Eh! It's still a fine little device, though.
2019-4-7
Use props
fans317483e1
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi,
I am extremely happy with Osmo pocket so far.. but I am having issue with the connection to the wireless module. can't connect at all. I am using pixel 3XL.
can anyone please help me..

deeply appreciate any help rendered.
2019-4-7
Use props
Holmes6
New
United States

fans317483e1 Posted at 4-7 21:32
Hi,
I am extremely happy with Osmo pocket so far.. but I am having issue with the connection to the wireless module. can't connect at all. I am using pixel 3XL.
can anyone please help me..

The steps in post #7 in this thread worked for me on a Pixel 2.  It should work for a pixel3 xl also as far as I can guess.

I have to say that DJI has incredibly low standards for software QA, Even my Runcam2 from years ago has a much better (built in) wireless function/app.
My brand new Osmo pocket resets itself to 2015 date each time I turn it on and the accessory doesn't work with a supposedly supported phone without using a workaround.
2019-4-8
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only have Android Devices and wireless works with all without any "mumbo jumbo" to make it happen. Am I lucky?

OnePlus One
Huawei M3 8.0
Moto G6
2019-4-8
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

No youre not lucky. There’s many uses of android who are not on this forum who have no issues with it.

Such as yourself and myself.

Ive THREE note 9’s running latest android 9 firmware and i have no issues connecting to the wireless module.
2019-4-8
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upscaleman Posted at 4-7 08:00
Do you really expect them to have EVERY phone on Earth so they can make it compatible with EVERYTHING?

Nope, I don't expect them to test with every phone on earth, but I do expect a company such as DJI to test with ALL major phones.  I don't think I'm asking too much.  I paid for a product, and I expect it to work without having to use workarounds (especially after 3 firmware updates).  Considering the Pixels use the purest form of Android than any other phone on earth, how can they not test with it?  It's not like a Google Pixel 3 is something extremely rare like a Nextbit Robin or something.
2019-4-10
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

fans6984d62d Posted at 1-29 14:21
Same here. They keep asking me to take video of the process, but how am I supposed to do that when the process involves the two things that I'm using to take video?! SMH.

They want  another device to take video of it lol
2019-4-10
Use props
canon5dm3
New
Canada

BTW, contacted DJI support and they said engineering is aware about it and that it should be resolved in a future update (no timeline given).
2019-4-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Listen,

If my THREE note 9s all use the wireless module correctly with NO EXTRA apps or shutting off any other apps, then the product is fine. My phones are all latest android pie with no hacked firmware. T-Mobile branded phones (USA),

There may be 20 people here complaining but there are hundreds of these out in the wild, and those people wont come online to say how great this product is working so it’s understandable to think this is sooo widespread.,, when its not.

Some of you may have battery saver profiles running on your phones to disable certain things in the background , or some apps that may be controlling the radios or you may even have denied the dji app permission to access certain features that it needs to operate.

Again ive 3 note 9s which are flagship class phones and they all 3 work just fine with the wireless module from DAY ONE.
2019-4-18
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I've some smartphones and tablets - all with Android 5/6/7 (I hate iPhones like devil holy water)
They work fine, even through thick walls - and additional some metres distance.

2019-4-18
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My android phone would connect then disconnect, then sometimes ok for a few minutes, other times wouldn't connect at all.

The problem ? my home wifi router was interfering at 2.4GHz.  Its not my field but possible some of the channels were clashing, anyway - solution - turn off the router or get further away
so maybe for people having problems, maybe worth trying  a different location.
2019-4-20
Use props
camerafan
lvl.1

Argentina

The improvisation and irresponsibility of launching to the market a product with serious flaws and obstacles, leaves me seriously worried and disappointed. I can't believe that a company that has millions of dollars in revenue has launched a defective product, and without the minimum quality conditions like respect for those who pay 350 dollars. Really, I'm surprised.
2019-4-20
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Why whining? OP is a VERY GOOD product, works well, but 1000s of "extra wishes" (some exotic)
cannot be fullfilled. If you are not satisfied: buy another product! Nobody is forced to buy an OP.
2019-4-21
Use props
djiuser_r89T92zlwFGV
New
Japan

Motorola Moto G6 Android 9.0 has the same problem.
2019-4-26
Use props
Christelle Kanaan
New

Lebanon

Mr Sepo Posted at 1-20 14:10
I was spitting nails for weeks because the connection was dodgy with Micro USB to USB-C adapter.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  However it works very well with the wireless module.

hello , I also have s7 and I am wondering if I should buy the wifi module ...
2019-4-27
Use props
DancesWithDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13005 ft
United States

fansa31179e2 Posted at 1-18 18:05
I own a pixel 2 which DJI states it works it. It doesn't I get the same exact problem as the user above. When I plug the wireless module in then turn on my camera and open the APP, the whole can find the osmo pocket. Then it tries to connect to it, and nothing happens. The light on the wireless module stays red, so I basically paid $50 for something that doesn't work....

I also have a Pixel 2XL and experience the same problem.
2019-5-17
Use props
robyd
New
Flight distance : 2106 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question for DJI - is there a fix on the way ? If so I will keep my wireless base. If not I will return it while I still can. Moto G6 has the same problem - must turn off Mobile Data (or use Airplane mode) to get the wireless base to work with OSMO Pocket. Yes - this is a work-around but that's not the way we use our mobile phones !
2019-5-19
Use props
FireFighterChen
New
United States

Try this,

Click connect (on a Razer Phone 2 it brings up a prompt for WiFi Name and WiFi password with a Cancel and WiFi settings buttons)
Go into WiFi settings
Connect to a different WiFi
Reconnect to OSMO WiFi
2019-5-26
Use props
FireFighterChen
New
United States

Try this,

Turn on OSMO Pocket and connect to WiFi baseTurn on Wifi and Bluetooth
Turn on MIMO app
Click camera icon in upper left corner
Click Connect
(on a Razer Phone 2 it brings up a prompt for Connect to WiFi: Wi-Fi Name: OsmoPocket-###### and Wi-Fi Password: 12341234, with a Cancel and Wi-Fi settings buttons)
Go into WiFi settings
Connect to a different WiFi
Reconnect to OsmoPocket-######

Look for Phone Connected on OSMO Pocket screen
Phone should automatically bring up OSMO pocket camera stream

2019-5-26
Use props
DigitalEzz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello and good day KMA. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJO Osmo Pocket. Upon checking the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ). As of the moment we suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes.  Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem.  Rest assured that out DJI R&D Team are already looking at this issue for further development of the said products. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have a Oneplus 6t and it still does not work.
2019-5-27
Use props
DigitalEzz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Johneem Posted at 1-31 07:03
HUAWEI P20 PRO

Open Settings menu on Osmo Pocket (swipe down)

This worked on my Oneplus 6T.
2019-5-27
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Another Pixel 3 XL user here.  As stated above, the only way I can get mine to work is Airplane mode and turn wifi on as djiuser_8KtvvEYJGrej posted.  I've wasted over 2 hours fighting with this thing.  I can't fathom that DJI wouldn't test with pixel 3's.  This is beyond frustrating.

I have a Pixel 3XL too. I just turn off Mobile Network and it works. Once Mobile Network is turned on again it fails to communicate. It's a minor inconvenience.
2019-6-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules