Osmo pocket charge Android phone
2406 9 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

When connect USb device to my android phone my phone will prompt me if I want to do charge the device or do other stuff s

Can your programmer tell the pain pocket pick not to charge too ????
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_DnoDWOH45oTO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6791 ft
Sweden

I second this request!
2019-1-18
Use props
Artista1981
lvl.2

Ireland

I second this request too
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for raising this information and this request today. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.
2019-1-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 08:50
Hello and good day. Thank you for raising this information and this request today. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

Hello!

Recently (a few days ago) I bought an Osmo Pocket. This is my problem too. If I connect to the phone, it will start charging the phone immediately and it will draw its own battery fast enough.
The phone is Samsung galaxy 8S +
Awaiting response.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 1-31 08:07
Hello!

Recently (a few days ago) I bought an Osmo Pocket. This is my problem too. If I connect to the phone, it will start charging the phone immediately and it will draw its own battery fast enough.

Hello and good day Jakab Gipsz. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the mobile device
that you are using on your new DJI Osmo Pocket.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy 8S+ ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy 8S+ phone will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-1
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 09:04
Hello and good day Jakab Gipsz. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the mobile device
that you are using on your new DJI Osmo Pocket.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy 8S+ ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy 8S+ phone will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately, it is impossible to use another phone because I recently bought it and was not cheap. I just can't get another one because Osmo Pocket is not optimized.
I am sorry that we have not been brought to this attention in advance, but I hope that they will work on the solution.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2-5 15:39
Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately, it is impossible to use another phone because I recently bought it and was not cheap. I just can't get another one because Osmo Pocket is not optimized.
I am sorry that we have not been brought to this attention in advance, but I hope that they will work on the solution.

Thank you for the additional information you have given us Jakab Gipsz. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. For the latest updates on the said issue. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Hkphoto.com, my apologies for the late reply. Upon conforming to our technicians, this concern is normal phenomenon. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2019-2-6
Use props
KostasVls
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3137395 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-6 16:12
Hi Hkphoto.com, my apologies for the late reply. Upon conforming to our technicians, this concern is normal phenomenon. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support and understanding.

@DJI Paladin, wouldn't the wireless module block the microphone at the bottom? Not a great solution!

My phone offers a Reverse Charging option (so the phone will charge the Osmo - which is far preferable!), but that is not supported by the Osmo it seems . When I choose this option, the connection is immediately reset and it goes back to Charge Only mode...

Please fix this, DJI!
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules