Mavic Air hover with WiFi signal loss like Spark
722 9 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28wins
lvl.3

United States

So I have been waiting for DJI to add the option to the App to have the Mavic Air Hover (maintain position) when the WiFi connection to the smartphone/ tablet is lost.

Or is it there and I am just not seeing it?
2019-1-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes, there is a hover on signal loss option in the settings.
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I don't know if that's the best choice though ?
2019-1-18
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Thanks guys. I have my Mavic Air confused with my Spark. I remembered wrong I thought the MA didn't have the option. When in fact it's the Spark apparently. I have another thread for that RE: the Spark which i I just revived.

I use that feature when I am out and need to do a pass in front of the drone on my bicycle or motorcycle to get some footage/ take photos.
I usually put away my phone and locking it disconnects. I need the drone to stay in place in that scenario.
2019-1-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

28wins Posted at 1-18 21:05
Thanks guys. I have my Mavic Air confused with my Spark. I remembered wrong I thought the MA didn't have the option. When in fact it's the Spark apparently. I have another thread for that RE: the Spark which i I just revived.

I use that feature when I am out and need to do a pass in front of the drone on my bicycle or motorcycle to get some footage/ take photos.

if your looking to get mavic air, it includes controller in base unit.. so if you have controller connected you can pull your phone out and not worry about it too much.

probably do the same with the spark if you have the controller and paired it to the drone, you can probably use your phone without it disconnecting.  but i no longer own a spark to be able to test this out, logically though it shouldn't be be an issue.
2019-1-18
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-18 21:44
if your looking to get mavic air, it includes controller in base unit.. so if you have controller connected you can pull your phone out and not worry about it too much.

probably do the same with the spark if you have the controller and paired it to the drone, you can probably use your phone without it disconnecting.  but i no longer own a spark to be able to test this out, logically though it shouldn't be be an issue.

Thank you. I already have both the MA and the Spark. Use the controller with neither one. Don't want to carry it.
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad that you were able to figure out the concern. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

28wins Posted at 1-18 22:58
Thank you. I already have both the MA and the Spark. Use the controller with neither one. Don't want to carry it.

For me, it’s 1000 times better to fly with the remote.
I think it’s just plain dangerous to fly without the remote!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-20
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 13:20
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad that you were able to figure out the concern. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

@DJ Tony, I need the same functionality for the Spark.
I have requested it and it was forwarded to your engineers.
Would you please check to see when it's coming?
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

28wins Posted at 1-20 18:03
@DJ Tony, I need the same functionality for the Spark.
I have requested it and it was forwarded to your engineers.
Would you please check to see when it's coming?

Hi, thanks for the response. As of the moment, this feature is not yet available with our DJI Spark and we haven't received the feedback if this would be an option in the future. No worries, if this feature would be added, this will should be cascaded with our valued customer. We will follow up this situation with our team to see if there's an update. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules