OSMO Pocket controller wheel doesn't work
8652 21 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Xx3PJJ0ic8zD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It worked at first but then I updated my pocket via the app to the latest FW,

then i plugged the wheel in and the pocket updated the wheel and now it looks up when it sohuld look left

also side note, when using the app and moving the gimbal, the initially start of movment is too fast and jarring, it needs an ease in and out!

2019-1-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your wheel. That's a mess.
Totally agree about the app problem as well. It's very on/off with nothing much between.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the controller wheel, please push the Switch Button hardly to the left, if the issue persists, it is recommended to send in for further evaluation.
For the speed of the start of movement, we will forward to our engineers for attention.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-20 08:07
Sorry to hear about your wheel. That's a mess.
Totally agree about the app problem as well. It's very on/off with nothing much between.

Hi Ray, your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your feedback.
2019-1-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-21 00:39
Hi Ray, your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your feedback.

Thank You Mindy.
The scroll itself is very smooth but the sudden start-stop of the action spoils it. When you let go of the onboard screen vertical panner, it slows much more smoothly.
2019-1-21
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

It looks huge. A joystick would be a nice accessory, would allow for a bit more creative panning then a 1 axis pan. A low profile/embedded  joystick so it'll still fit in a pocket. And why not take the extra step and have the accessory bend around the OP, so the joystick would be on left side. Then add i.e. a "normal/invert" option for controlling it. It is a €70-80  accessory after all...Right, DJI?
2019-1-21
Use props
destroyerrnro
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Chris1a Posted at 1-21 13:46
It looks huge. A joystick would be a nice accessory, would allow for a bit more creative panning then a 1 axis pan. A low profile/embedded  joystick so it'll still fit in a pocket. And why not take the extra step and have the accessory bend around the OP, so the joystick would be on left side. Then add i.e. a "normal/invert" option for controlling it. It is a €70-80  accessory after all...Right, DJI?

It's actually pretty small. I like it with one small exception. The gimbal locks for horizontal shots only. So when you lock the gimbal while pointing it at an object and press the the lock toggle button the gimbal will stay locked on that object while you pan to the left or right. It's a pretty cool shot. That said, I wish you could flip the toggle switch under the wheel so you can achieve the same shot vertically.
2019-2-1
Use props
caio prates
New

United States

Hello everyone,
I was just testing out my controlling wheel and it worked well for the first 5-6 shots then it just stopped working.
I turned off and on again and it says that it is connect so the osmo does recognizes the wheel but neither the wheel nor the buttons are working anymore.
What should I do?
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_RApq7clBRw8L
New

Japan

caio prates Posted at 5-20 08:22
Hello everyone,
I was just testing out my controlling wheel and it worked well for the first 5-6 shots then it just stopped working.
I turned off and on again and it says that it is connect so the osmo does recognizes the wheel but neither the wheel nor the buttons are working anymore.

Hi i have had the same problem with my controller wheel it was working now is not. Did you ever get an answer to this or solve the problem?
2019-6-19
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

same issue here, bought the pocket and the wheel controller this morning and it doesnt work from the start. firmware is on the latest version.

When attached the wheel accessory gets recognized by the device but neither the thumb wheel nor the buttons seem to work. When I press the flip button the message pops up on screen but the camera doesn't turn.

To make things worse, with the wheel taken off I now cant control the pockets camera tilt and pan via the screen anymore either.

total mess.
2019-7-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

BoyWithCamera Posted at 7-9 16:35
same issue here, bought the pocket and the wheel controller this morning and it doesnt work from the start. firmware is on the latest version.

When attached the wheel accessory gets recognized by the device but neither the thumb wheel nor the buttons seem to work. When I press the flip button the message pops up on screen but the camera doesn't turn.

Did you recalibrate the gimbal after the update? It may not help, but it won't hurt.
2019-7-9
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

Curt1591 Posted at 7-9 18:41
Did you recalibrate the gimbal after the update? It may not help, but it won't hurt.

I did.

however I might have found a solution, for some reason after the firmware update the  tilt control option in the settings was turned off. after turning that back on it now seems to work fine.
2019-7-9
Use props
fans10ec3b41
New
Flight distance : 41378 ft
France

I had the same problem with the controller wheel after the update, I've just reset the setting of my Osmo.
Everything is working fine now !

2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_UbISimProEws
New

Canada

getting the issue where the wheel moves up and to the right only. Tried resetting, calibration and all the gimbal modes. Works for a moment and then reverts to this. Please help.
2019-12-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

John1966 Posted at 1-23 03:16
Hello,

I have the same problem, the wheel is not working.

Are you addressing the "thumbwheel", or the "joystick"?
2021-1-23
Use props
Sarah Rasmussen
New

Denmark

Hey i have a problem with The wheel controller , it keeps updating and won’t work, it says updating accessories… and the update success and then it starts over.. I’ve checked for updates on the app for the camera but there aren’t any.. can anybody help with this problem?
2021-7-26
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Maybe try resetting the Pocket.
2021-7-26
Use props
Sarah Rasmussen
New

Denmark

Curt1591 Posted at 7-26 13:30