1034 5 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njetno
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1244970 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was DJI customer by heart (mavic, inspire 1 v2.0, osmo raw, hasselblad.......and many accessories..)

But as today I found  unbelievable that sony and dji didn't even took the time to focus on this major issue....you have to use the IR cable to control your A7riii  it's ridiculous!!!
It's been now over 8months that dji released the ronin s and us A7riii owners, 8 months later, still have to deal w such an archaic system to make things work....
When we buy premium tools we want premium assistance and full compatibility!!

I m also very disappointed by Dji and the way they are handling their customer  relationship management and satisfiction.....
Doesn't matter if you call them or email them,  they are giving you such a generic blank answer as "sorry for the inconvenience , we have no solution yet, but we are working on it"  I mean.... That what you call working on it".....soon it would be a year that we have to deal w it!!! what would be your answer then!

I did all the possible updates from sony and dji and non of them worked ..... Im still have to use that god dam cable...

if any of you have an A7riii  who doesn't need the IR cable, I would be more than happy to know what you have done differently?
If any of you working at dji as legit answer to provide, i l'llbe more than happy to hear it as well....unless it's about teaching me how to strap well this Ir cable!

Because iam about to through that ronin s in the garbage... lol

Thanks in advance!

2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Njetno, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S and our customer service, RSS-IR cable can be used with Sony cameras to control the video/photos. We have also released MCC-Multi cable to control the zoom and auto-focus. May I have more details of your concern so that we can help? Thank you in advance.
2019-1-20
Use props
Njetno
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1244970 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-20 20:30
Hi Njetno, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S and our customer service, RSS-IR cable can be used with Sony cameras to control the video/photos. We have also released MCC-Multi cable to control the zoom and auto-focus. May I have more details of your concern so that we can help? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mindy,

thank you very much for coming back to me. ( i knew you will be the one to do so)
I have a love and hate relationship with the Ronin S.

I use the RSS- IR cable as now, but in most of the cases I  have trouble with it since most of my jobs consist of creating action and aerial content and unless i heavily tape it, it's moving, and even taped its still moving....
For example when I up in the air, its actually impossible for me to use the Ronin S and I still ahve to have a back up solution....Since  we shoot open doors, I can't take a chance to put it back or tape it again  at 3,500 feet in the middle of a scene.... and have to switch equipment. Which put me in a very uncomfortable situation, specially if I take my clients with me.

it's not safe and time consuming and when we are paying over $800 an hour per flight, we can stop for 10 mns  to fix the problem.

To resolve the fact that I couldn't use the focus wheel I ordered a while ago the focus motors, which help a lot.... but still had to deal with this lose IR cable high up in the air.

I just ordered the MCC cable hoping it would be fully compatible with my Sonys A7riii.... and solve my problems.

Regarding your customer service, It would be appreciable when we call it, to have it more caring regarding our issues and give us better answers and solutions when needed or at least to make us believe that our problems matters.

2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the details of your concern with IR cable, I totally understand, usually we recommend to use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal. But for your situation, MCC-Multi cable would be a better choice. Hope you will receive it soon.
We will keep training our support team and improving the technical skills, hope your experience with our customer support will be better, you can also keep us updated in Forum if you have any difficulties or suggestions with our product, we will do our best to help.
2019-1-21
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fully agree.  It's absurd that customers with the A7III & A7III must purchase a cable with the Ronin-S, while other useless cables are included.  DJI should be giving away the MCC-Multi Cable.  It's insulting that they ask for it to be paid for.
2019-1-22
Use props
joetheguru
lvl.1

United States

Hello Mindy, I just purchased the Ronin S and it came with the MCC Cable but I can't get it to work with my A7RIII, I keep gettting a message from the camera saying to check the connected device. This is extremely frustrating as I need the MCC cable to work. Do you have any recommendations? I have found the other forum posts with steps on how to connect the camera to the Ronin and the power up sequence but nothing has resolved the issue.

Here is the thread of instructions I have already attempted:
thread-171453-1-1

Do I need to take the Ronin S Back?
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules