3442 13 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

China’s largest drone maker, DJI faces a $150 million dollar loss after a large number of employees committed fraud in a series of corruption cases. The company is currently investigating inflated product prices in their supply chain. So far, 16 people have been reported to the authorities.
2019-1-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read about this on the Mavic facebook page.

This is crazy.
2019-1-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Does that mean customers would have seen lower prices?   Or merely that DJI didn't make as much money?
2019-1-19
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nutz! now what my zoom is no longer be able to fly..LOL
2019-1-19
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Hey DJI, when you guys "fix" this and recoup your $150, how about a price break now that your profit line will go up?
This link states that it caused increased product prices of up to 20%
You have to google DJI corruption 20% to find it since I can't post the link here.
2019-1-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Didn't know about it. Thanks for posting it.
Just got done reading about it. Hopefully they will find and punish all those involved.

2019-1-19
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Oh dear. Chinese prisons are not a good place to be an inmate of Chinese Jails
2019-1-19
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If I read the articles on the other sites correctly, DJI employees were inflating the cost of parts and materials. So I'm guessing if this works like it does in other industries, they were inflating customer invoices and getting a kickback. If that's true, then I would think there's a lot of DJI customers who have received repairs that are probably due a refund. Will be interesting to see how transparent DJI will be when they get to the bottom of this.
2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They need to seriously look at the internal security procedures - $150m is obscene
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-20 00:15
They need to seriously look at the internal security procedures - $150m is obscene
Drop in the Ocean in the greater scheme of corporate crime.

A bit of bad temporary PR, thats probably it.

Somewhat doubt it will impact greatly on Sales as DJI pretty much have the monopoly on this sort of product (plus customers usually have self interest at heart rather than large business ethics ... )

DJI have (currently) little to worry about imho.
2019-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1 Posted at 1-20 01:42
Drop in the Ocean in the greater scheme of corporate crime.

A bit of bad temporary PR, thats probably it.

Any organisation that loses money to internal fraud will take action accordingly - $150,000,000 is obviously going to be taken extremely seriously - which is why they have a team of investigators on it, staff have been dismissed and others will receive custodial sentences for financial crime - that is a little more serious than a bit of 'bad PR'.
2019-1-20
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

This happen everywhere... lost are normal for business people as we too facing the same when we crash our drones.. ha ha ha... Thanks for sharing..
2019-1-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 1-19 18:17
If I read the articles on the other sites correctly, DJI employees were inflating the cost of parts and materials. So I'm guessing if this works like it does in other industries, they were inflating customer invoices and getting a kickback. If that's true, then I would think there's a lot of DJI customers who have received repairs that are probably due a refund. Will be interesting to see how transparent DJI will be when they get to the bottom of this.

I sent mine in a while ago for repair and according to the new service pricing link , I think I paid too much for what was done possibly
2019-1-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's possible the numbers could be larger, I just spotted this report in BBC which suggests figures of significantly bigger losses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47055255

Edit:- perhaps not it equates roughly to the $150 million you posted ;-) , although dismissals on the rise.
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules