Testing the Smart Remote - Is it worth the money?
7056 47 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyWanderer
lvl.1
Switzerland

Seems like a trend releasing products a bit prematurely. Not just here, but flight simulator programs and third party add ons for them. Look at Windows 10! Now that they’re thru using users to test (couple yrs ago), they’re making it where you must have it besides forcing unwanted bloatware thru their “updates”.
It’s cool if the product said something like Public Beta, then you’d know upfront that the product is not yet “there” but useable.
Now 650 is a lot of money! I’ll save and maybe I’ll buy, but first I want to see how my iOS devices suffice (so far, so good).
Finally, no matter what programs we buy we should realize that all programs either in beta (especially!) or final will have quirks, crashes etc.
I’ve never had a perfect computer program!
Nor do I believe the Wright brothers had it right on their first flights ;)
29DACEDD-6B36-422F-B9C9-0F0C6EDE7EC2.jpeg
2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_8zat3GYrnsT7
New
Flight distance : 12425 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know when the new large controler will be compatable with the dji mavic pro
2019-1-31
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

SkyWanderer Posted at 1-31 05:18
Seems like a trend releasing products a bit prematurely. Not just here, but flight simulator programs and third party add ons for them. Look at Windows 10! Now that they’re thru using users to test (couple yrs ago), they’re making it where you must have it besides forcing unwanted bloatware thru their “updates”.
It’s cool if the product said something like Public Beta, then you’d know upfront that the product is not yet “there” but useable.
Now 650 is a lot of money! I’ll save and maybe I’ll buy, but first I want to see how my iOS devices suffice (so far, so good).

Many companies offer both betas and stable software. They clearly indicate what works (is stable), have proper release notes, often also on their beta software. That is a proper way to do things, if you as a company also want to deliver coming features to consumers for testing.

DJI however, have made a habit of marketing products with features, then releasing them without many of those marketed features. Such marketing many countries consider illegal. This type of marketing DJI have been doing for many, many years. Marketed features can take months, half a year or even longer to be delivered (if at all!).

Software can have bugs, most of them do. But DJI delivers their products not just buggy, but with marketed features totally absent. With such a big company, with so many developers, that is remarkable. The Smart Conroller have been one of their best releases, though.
2019-1-31
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 08:18
Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for sharing this review video that you have created for the DJI Smart Controller. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.

How about supporting CRYSTALSKY!
2019-2-9
Use props
Michael Norwood
New

United States

akozc Posted at 1-24 04:55
don’t know your video was sponsored by DJi or not but your review is not ethic someway.  when you pointing  the your mobile , you faced it fully sunray but when you facing your SC you kept it under your shadow and I ready do not see soooo bright screen anyway  this is my first comment,   second , in the market there are many smart phones brightness  way higher than SC (such as Samsung Galaxy S9 Note )  which has brightness  over 1,130 cd/m2 (nits) I do agree for easy set up compability but I do definitely  not agree rest of compliments you did for SC

The S9 is only 544 nits.
2019-2-13
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I follow you on youtube as i really like your videos, thanks!
So far so good, me like!
A neck strap would be nice to find for this and 3rd party applications such as Litchi.
2019-2-13
Use props
gddemirdizen
lvl.1

Turkey

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.
2019-2-18
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_8zat3GYrnsT7 Posted at 1-31 05:46
Does anyone know when the new large controler will be compatable with the dji mavic pro

Never?

The new Smart Controller only supports Occusync 2.0 so currently only the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro (and very nearly the M2 Enterprise following a firmware upgrade I believe) will be supported.

Going forward I expect it to support new aircraft that should also use Occusync 2.0 so maybe Mavic Air 2 and/or possibly Mavic Spark 2 although that is pure speculation on my part!

Not sure how it might cope if/when Occusync 3.0 comes out though...

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules