Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all!

I am a newbie to the board and I just got my Mavic 2 Pro. I have followed all the instructions I could find on the forums search on this issue, from reloading windows 10 (64-bit) in MX mode with digital driver signatures disabled, reinstalling DJI Mavic Assistant 2, to adjusting my screen resolution to every conceivable setting, to trying another computer. No luck. I emailed DJI Support but haven't heard back yet, but to be fair it is the weekend.

Am I missing anything else that others have tried? Please assist!

Jim
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the vision system of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to properly calibrate the vision sensor of your drone. Please give us an update on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, please make sure you are using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 series. Here is the link for reference: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads. Also, It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) You may also try to restart your computer and aircraft for multiple times. If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thanks.
2019-1-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have tried all that you have suggested. I have followed other suggestions from posts about this same subject and have gotten really in depth with developer mode and safe mode trying to make things work, but nothing. I also cannot get the remote to show up on the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (which I have downloaded and reinstalled multiple times), and cannot get it to work on the simulator, though my windows system does recognize the COM for the Mavic 2 remote and shows no errors. Just not sure what is happening. It is a little disconcerting to buy such a magnificent piece of machinery but not be able to use it at all. Is there anyway I can schedule a call with support during business hours so I can finally use my mavic 2?

And thank you for the quick response on this. Unfortunately, I fear my issue is deeper than the video can provide.

Jim
2019-1-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Okay update. Got my controller to connect on the other computer, and refreshed things on the computer I want to use, and the controller finally connected to the primary computer. It now works with the simulator! Great forum suggestion to go into Developer mode, and tweak some things. Anyway, half way there. So I am flying now at least in the simulator, which is awesome! The Mavic 2 still will not calibrate even though I am using a flat monitor, not curved. However, it is a big monitor, so I will try a much smaller monitor and swap it out to see if that works. Will keep updated! Thanks for the help that has come so quickly from you Natalia and Stephen!
2019-1-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update 2.

I hooked up a cheapo monitor and it seemed to do the trick. I got a good calibration --I think -- it asked me to restart the Mavic 2 -- but when I did restart I didn't get any confirmation and it just went back to the calibration menu. I assume this means the calibration was successful, but just to be safe I did it again and I got a green check-mark, but again, it sent me back to the re-calibration menu.

So for anyone reading this with issues, to sum things up, I:
1. Uninstalled Assistant
2. Hooked up a cheap LCD monitor with no fancy resolution settings - for reference it was a 23" monitor
3. Went to Developer Mode in Windows 10 (64-bit) and selected that option
4. Loaded in Safe Mode and selected option 7 (enable Driver signing option)
5. Re-installed Assistant
6. Updated firmware for my Mavic 2 and controller
7. Re-calibrated my Mavic 2

Thanks to all who posted in the forum the tidbits of info that made this successful and thanks to DJI folks for being so quick to respond!

-Jim
2019-1-19
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Been there - done that  True!  It is NO fun to go through, but you do learn from it.  I also have a Win-10  AMD-64bit computer, however I have a HP 21 inch LED monitor.  Did what you did, and it does take a little while.  A DJI Tech Support agent Donna was super in communicating with me and  the engineers.  Glad you got it calibrated, oh, you can stop sweating
2019-1-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 1-19 18:57
Been there - done that  True!  It is NO fun to go through, but you do learn from it.  I also have a Win-10  AMD-64bit computer, however I have a HP 21 inch LED monitor.  Did what you did, and it does take a little while.  A DJI Tech Support agent Donna was super in communicating with me and  the engineers.  Glad you got it calibrated, oh, you can stop sweating

I know right? And I still sweat :-) Not until I get the autonomous features down and get a lot of sim time under my belt and then some actual flight time will I begin to stop sweating! LOL! Really looking forward to getting my Mavic 2 in the air though. I ordered the Smart Controller but it is still on back order, so I will use my Android phone for now.

Again, thanks to everyone! Take care!
2019-1-20
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

I hurried up and registered the drone with the FAA (In the states), went over to local airport, which is only a mile away in a straight line, and talked with one of the Controllers,  thinking I want to get this thing up and flying.,  But, I decided to go cautiously - after getting it up and seeing how well it hovered.  Then reading the manual and finding out some of the systems onboard.  I, like you decided to really go slow and do it - what I considered the right way.  The computer labors to get to the calibration was yet another "learning experience."  Have to agree with you, sweating is also part of the learning curve  We hopefully will  enjoy it as least as much as others here do.  Here's to you.  
2019-1-20
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 1-20 09:53
I hurried up and registered the drone with the FAA (In the states), went over to local airport, which is only a mile away in a straight line, and talked with one of the Controllers,  thinking I want to get this thing up and flying.,  But, I decided to go cautiously - after getting it up and seeing how well it hovered.  Then reading the manual and finding out some of the systems onboard.  I, like you decided to really go slow and do it - what I considered the right way.  The computer labors to get to the calibration was yet another "learning experience."  Have to agree with you, sweating is also part of the learning curve  We hopefully will  enjoy it as least as much as others here do.  Here's to you.

To you as well my friend! Happy flying and hope for CAVU!

Take care,
Jim
2019-1-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I'll ask - did I miss a section of the manual - I did not do a visual calibration.  I did have to do the Compass calibration which the system prompted me to do.  Is a visual calibration necessary?  Oh, I do have the Zoom - maybe it is different in that regard?
2019-1-20
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

ff22, I did it because I kept getting sensor system errors on the controller, I probably would not even thought of it if I hadn't gotten the errors.  Some folks would say, if it doesn't give you any errors, why mess with it.  However, I went through things with the computer trying to do the calibration, that I would have not run into until things went wrong, and that would have been the wrong time  If you want to learn about it, go for it, if not?
2019-1-20
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

JPilotR , I have to ask this  What does CAVU stand for?
2019-1-20
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, "Clear And Visibility Unlimited". Just a wish for good flying weather for you!
2019-1-21
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-20 15:51
I'll ask - did I miss a section of the manual - I did not do a visual calibration.  I did have to do the Compass calibration which the system prompted me to do.  Is a visual calibration necessary?  Oh, I do have the Zoom - maybe it is different in that regard?

I did it because I came across the section in the forums discussing it after I was having some other issues. I think I would've missed it too. :-) I downloaded the full manual (which isn't directly included in the packaging), and all it said on page 21 under "Calibrating Vision System Cameras" was:

"The Vision System cameras installed on the aircraft are factory calibrated. If the aircraft experiences a collision however, it may require calibration via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic or DJI GO 4".
2019-1-21
Use props
DC.COLSON
New
Flight distance : 30407 ft
United Kingdom

I am having trouble with calibrating the vision sensors, the in-app calibration isn't working, and DJI assistant 2 won't work either. Calibration wouldn't even begin. I'm using a mac book, don't think that should change anything. Don't know why, but even the gimbal is failing on me too, and the hovering. Any ideas? is this a hardware issue or a software issue. It started on holiday, an I was using it a LOT. So maybe something just gave up?

Thanks, David.
2019-5-16
Use props
sobeservicesuk1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1919190 ft
United States

JPilotR Posted at 1-19 16:47
Update 2.

I hooked up a cheapo monitor and it seemed to do the trick. I got a good calibration --I think -- it asked me to restart the Mavic 2 -- but when I did restart I didn't get any confirmation and it just went back to the calibration menu. I assume this means the calibration was successful, but just to be safe I did it again and I got a green check-mark, but again, it sent me back to the re-calibration menu.

This is not working for me as well experiencing the same thing on my Mac. Spent all day figuring out a solution. It shouldn't be this complicated.
2019-12-25
Use props
gspman82
New
United States

I finally got the assistant to work and calibrate my mavic 2 pro after I pushed the little button under one of the little doors on the side of the drone.
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules