Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like massive fraud at dji .

2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. As of the moment we have confirm that DJI is currently investigating a number of serious cases of corruption at the company leading to losses of more than RMB 1 billion for 2018. The cases came to light during routine quality control management in 2018. DJI condemns any form of corruption strongly and has set up a high-level anti-corruption task force to investigate further and strengthen anti-corruption measures. A number of corruption cases have been handed over to the authorities, and some employees have been dismissed. If there are any other issues in regards to this matter, please send an email to pr@dji.com. Thank you.
2019-1-19
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
Just heard about it today.
2019-1-19
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Dammit I hate fraud.... We work hard to buy our stuff and some people just don't care ! ... This would lead in price increase of DJI product for sure..this is sad DONT BE A FRAUD PEOPLE
2019-1-19
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Good for DJI that they take this very seriously. Deal with the people that do this. Thanks for sharing hallmark
2019-1-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

im glad that dji has internal auditing and is being very upfront.  
2019-1-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-19 11:49
Dammit I hate fraud.... We work hard to buy our stuff and some people just don't care  ! ... This would lead in price increase of DJI product for sure..this is sad  DONT BE A FRAUD PEOPLE

this shouldn't affect future product pricing if handled correctly.
2019-1-19
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing the news!
2019-1-19
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Just WOW!  I am glad DJI is taking care of this.  
2019-1-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-19 11:49
Dammit I hate fraud.... We work hard to buy our stuff and some people just don't care  ! ... This would lead in price increase of DJI product for sure..this is sad  DONT BE A FRAUD PEOPLE

Would explain why some people have had problems with DJI Drones, RCs, and CrystalSkys - while most have not.  Bad actors at DJI signing off on buying sub-standard batches of parts at regular pricing.  With seller of sub-standard parts, and bad Actors pocketing the difference.

Sub-standard parts as in say 99.9% of a batch of Widgets pass muster, whilst 0.1% don't.

Now factor in there are Widgets, Whatsits, Dodads, Gizmos, Thingamajigs, (hundreds of parts involved), and odds go up that one (or more) of sub-standard parts makes it way through manufacturing process into hands of some poor unsuspecting customer.  Who then wastes months messing with one or more intermittent problems that may appear in one or more circumstances, or comes and goes with different Firmware.

Find it telling that Fraud commited by Bad actors at DJI occurred in 2018, and I bought DJI Mavic Pro Platinum, R.C., and CrystalSky Ultra Brite at beginning of 2018 - and had nothing but problems with all three (at least up until a few months back).

Thumbs-Up to DJI for acknowledging the internal Fraud.  

Now if DJI would like to make things right with those the internal Fraud effected.

2019-1-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-19 15:20
im glad that dji has internal auditing and is being very upfront.

DJI's internal auditing needs work.  Fraud involving parts and materials should have been caught within weeks.  Evidently, materials and parts are not undergoing random thorough testing on an ongoing basis.

Once parts are made into assemblies, the assemblies should undergo random thorough testing, to detect and weed out both assembly and sub-standard materials and parts.

2019-1-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-19 22:09
DJI's internal auditing needs work.  Fraud involving parts and materials should have been caught within weeks.  Evidently, materials and parts are not undergoing random thorough testing on an ongoing basis.

Once parts are made into assemblies, the assemblies should undergo random thorough testing, to detect and weed out both assembly and sub-standard materials and parts.

i agree, but good dji has been so far, transparent about this and forwth coming..  many companies even huge ones will try to quietly brush this under the rug until someone leaks it
2019-1-19
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-19 21:58
Would explain why some people have had problems with DJI Drones, RCs, and CrystalSkys - while most have not.  Bad actors at DJI signing off on buying sub-standard batches of parts at regular pricing.  With seller of sub-standard parts, and bad Actors pocketing the difference.

that is a good thinking but i don't think DJI will do anything to help someone that ended up with a faulty part due to fraud.. also they need to get back that 150 million loss so its not in their priority to support end-of-life defective product..  BUT i'm glad they found out so future product will be maybe, cheaper a bit, better quality..maybe (all speculation).
2019-1-20
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow is right, but well done to DJI for dealing with this unfortunate incident quickly.
2019-1-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-19 23:19
i agree, but good dji has been so far, transparent about this and forwth coming..  many companies even huge ones will try to quietly brush this under the rug until someone leaks it

I agree.  Too many companies brush stuff like this under rug.  
In a case I am aware of - going so far as to have one of (Not DJI) company's lawyers mislead New York's Bureau of Consumer Frauds & Protection in writing.

2019-1-20
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-20 08:51
that is a good thinking but i don't think DJI will do anything to help someone that ended up with a faulty part due to fraud.. also they need to get back that 150 million loss so its not in their priority to support end-of-life defective product..  BUT i'm glad they found out so future product will be maybe, cheaper a bit, better quality..maybe (all speculation).

Yeah, that's sad, I got a M2P faulty camera from factory and to even get this sorted is currently a pain... hope DJI steps up their game with customers after this...
2019-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ygor Posted at 1-20 09:35
Yeah, that's sad, I got a M2P faulty camera from factory and to even get this sorted is currently a pain... hope DJI steps up their game with customers after this...

I think what your reading about substandard parts is just totally false, I think from what I read this is more about parts prices being inflated, I don’t think it has anything to do with problems anyone was having or is having, but hopefully they can use this xtra income to develop better technology for all of us.

This fraud pales into significant when you look at case of Enron and BERNIE Madoff which we’re allowed go undetected for a long time costing Billions.
2019-1-20
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Hope the fraud gets swept out the doors and into the jails/prisons, and Dji gets back on track.  I look at it this way, from what so many have said about dji products, someone IS doing the right thing, and doing it very well, except someone has let the wolf into the chicken house and they are now finding out what has been happening almost directly in front of them, perhaps gave too much authority to two many, or too quickly.  It strikes me as a company that truly wants to promote UAV flying, and also wants to put the quality into the product.  However, some are falling down on the job, while others are just plainly stealing from those loyal and hard working folks.  Good luck to DJI.  
2019-1-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, read about it.
2019-1-20
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

That’s pretty crazy. Glad DJI is on top of it. I sent mine in about 2 years ago for a repair. I wonder if I was over charged?. I wonder if us consumers will get any money back or maybe some drone accessories
2019-1-20
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

What's the problem with the camera?
2019-1-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

One would hope so.  However, despite all problems with CrystalSkys - DJI did not step up their game with customers.  People were stuck returning them (over and over) or stuck with bad CrystalSky because they got tired of messing / wasting time.

DJI really should have came out with CrystalSky2s that addressed overheating and failing displays, and any other problems of (original) CrystalSkys and sent them to those stuck with bad ones at no charge.  

Whole lot of frustration and lost flying time thanks to (original) CrystalSkys.
2019-1-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-20 13:28
That’s pretty crazy. Glad DJI is on top of it. I sent mine in about 2 years ago for a repair. I wonder if I was over charged?. I wonder if us consumers will get any money back or maybe some drone accessories

Not Bloody likely, short of a Class Action Lawsuit.
2019-1-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

wow - 150 million fraud - thats terrible - thanks for sharing the news
2019-1-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 1-23 22:36
wow - 150 million fraud - thats terrible - thanks for sharing the news

That is what DJI knows about thus far.   Based on a statement made by DJI, there could be a whole lot more in $$$$ and fraud.
2019-1-24
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Any kind of support will always be available from us to DJI!
2019-1-24
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Another point:  When, and if, those who have done wrong are taken care of, that would also meen that dji  has lost employees, and then other things will not be handled as quickly as they used to be, until - they get more and better employees, so some things will slow.  Alas, that will put just that much more load on the good workers.  Let's hope they get it cleared up soon.
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HH1 Posted at 1-28 13:13
Another point:  When, and if, those who have done wrong are taken care of, that would also meen that dji  has lost employees, and then other things will not be handled as quickly as they used to be, until - they get more and better employees, so some things will slow.  Alas, that will put just that much more load on the good workers.  Let's hope they get it cleared up soon.

Good points and I think your probably right.
2019-1-28
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-28 13:19
Good points and I think your probably right.

I guess we just have to wait and hope for the best,
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules