1902 52 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone from DJI give us an idea when the Smart Controller be available in the US?

Thank you,
TK
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we don't have any update on when we will release the DJI Smart Controller in the U.S Market. Please stay tuned to our website and Social Media accounts for more updates. Thank you.
2019-1-19
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-19 11:43
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we don't have any update on when we will release the DJI Smart Controller in the U.S Market. Please stay tuned to our website and Social Media accounts for more updates. Thank you.

Thanks
2019-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

When furlough finishes I think.
2019-1-19
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI has an uncanny knack for announcing the release of a new product and and then being unable to deliver in a timely manner.  
2019-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RandyHat Posted at 1-19 12:13
DJI has an uncanny knack for announcing the release of a new product and and then being unable to deliver in a timely manner.

Like when in the last two years, yes there was a delay with Mavic Pro but what else in the last two years ?
2019-1-19
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 12:39
Like when in the last two years, yes there was a delay with Mavic Pro but what else in the last two years ?

Nothing really! Air delivered on time, Goggles, on time, Mavic 2 on time, Smart Remote Control arrived on time, well in the UK anyway
2019-1-19
Use props
fans1215d7b7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Furlough theroy does not make sense, Some were delivered to the U.S.A. at launch.
2019-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans1215d7b7 Posted at 1-19 13:58
The Furlough theroy does not make sense, Some were delivered to the U.S.A. at launch.

Ok do you think it makes sense that dji would make it available for the rest of the world and leave out its biggest customer, that’s what doesn’t make sense.
2019-1-19
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

seems like another rushed thing... i feel like Goggles RE all over again...
2019-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1215d7b7 Posted at 1-19 13:58

You are 100% correct.
2019-1-20
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

That controller looks freakin GREAT !  It would be so nice to be able to fly with that and leave phone out of equation !
2019-1-20
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

That controller looks freakin GREAT !  It would be so nice to be able to fly with that and leave phone out of equation !
2019-1-20
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1501355 ft
United States

Looks like it became available in the past few hours. I just put in my order and the site states it will ship in 1 to 3 business days. Fingers crossed!
2019-1-20
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Finally became available to ship to USA this morning! I just placed my order (1-3 day delivery). Yeah!
2019-1-21
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-21 02:26
Finally became available to ship to USA this morning! I just placed my order (1-3 day delivery). Yeah!

Yes! I ordered mine. Yeah!!!!!
2019-1-21
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I read the email and I decided to order it. .
2019-1-21
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221099 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just pulled the trigger as well. Over the weekend I had caught wind of the FCC re-activating the Equipment Authorization system on Friday the 18th (I did post about it on here), and that is when the controller got its authorization to be sold in the States

Luckily we did not have to wait for the never ending shutdown in this case

Mine also says ships in 1 to 3 business days.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans1215d7b7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ordered mine this early this morning YEAH!!!! Ships  1-3  Business days to USA
2019-1-21
Use props
Flyingcougar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

I waited months, before ordering my Zoom, for the smart controller to come out in a package. Got tired of waiting and ordered it 2 weeks ago, now I think I'll wait for the full shake-out reviews of it.

Please post your experiences after using it a while.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans1215d7b7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Glad i got mine ordered for the U.S. this morning, i just checked and now its out of stock!!!
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do appreciate your understanding. We would recommend leaving the email in stock reminder for you to be notified when our Smart Remote Controller would be available on our store. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think there may be a delay with the US Customs Clearance because of the shutdown.....
2019-1-21
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My order shipped to the US Today.  Shipped within 2 days of me placing my order.
2019-1-22
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Received the email stating it was shipped.  Should receive it this Friday.   Yaaaayy!  Good timing so I can play with it this weekend.
2019-1-22
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here in the U.S. ordered Monday morning (1-21), Shipped 1-22
2019-1-22
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-22 03:51
My order shipped to the US Today.  Shipped within 2 days of me placing my order.

Woohoo!  Tracking says I will have it on Friday so I can play with the Smart Controller this weekend too
2019-1-23
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep Friday for me too. But sadly it's going to be too cold here in the north east to fly for several days. I also see it's back in-stock for USA this morning.
2019-1-23
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Trailkill Posted at 1-23 04:35
Yep Friday for me too. But sadly it's going to be too cold here in the north east to fly for several days.  I also see it's back in-stock for USA this morning.

You can still play with everything while grounded inside.    Get used to the layouts and side-load apps/etc..
2019-1-23
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-23 07:22
You can still play with everything while grounded inside.    Get used to the layouts and side-load apps/etc..

Oh yea, that I will do. But the urge to fly will be powerful.  
2019-1-23
Use props
ting-a-ling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yay I ordered it a couple hours ago, me happy!Estimated to ship 1 business day after payment confirmation
2019-1-23
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ting-a-ling Posted at 1-23 17:16
Yay I ordered it a couple hours ago, me happy!Estimated to ship 1 business day after payment confirmation

This morning it seems like there is delays in clearing customs in Memphis, TN.  Now that could be because of this stupid shutdown.
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 6.39.58 AM.png
2019-1-24
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

I just saw that!!  BOO!!  No weekend fun. :/.
2019-1-24
Use props
SergeyUA
lvl.1

United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-24 03:38
This morning it seems like there is delays in clearing customs in Memphis, TN.  Now that could be because of this stupid shutdown.

Same here! Delayed as well.
2019-1-24
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SergeyUA Posted at 1-24 06:03
Same here! Delayed as well.

Go figure .... it travelled all the way here from China but can't get delivered within the country
2019-1-24
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well I spent a good portion of the day trying to find out why my package is being delayed in customs.  After being tossed around to my local Federal Express, I was then directed to International Federal Express (800-247-4747).  They told me that my tiny package was a part of a larger shipping container that had over 900 packages from DJI.  The hold up was with that container.  They said that they reached out to DJI yesterday for some updated information that they needed (something to do with dimensions).  Federal Express has yet to hear back from DJI and this shipping container will stay in customs until they get this information from DJI.

I chatted with DJI Online Order Support who indicated that they would escalate this to their department that handles these type of requests.  They indicated that it would be 24-36 hours before I would hear anything back from DJI.

Sorry to rain on your parades if you are expecting your Smart Controller in the USA.  Seems like this is the bottleneck.
2019-1-24
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-24 13:41
Well I spent a good portion of the day trying to find out why my package is being delayed in customs.  After being tossed around to my local Federal Express, I was then directed to International Federal Express (800-247-4747).  They told me that my tiny package was a part of a larger shipping container that had over 900 packages from DJI.  The hold up was with that container.  They said that they reached out to DJI yesterday for some updated information that they needed (something to do with dimensions).  Federal Express has yet to hear back from DJI and this shipping container will stay in customs until they get this information from DJI.

I chatted with DJI Online Order Support who indicated that they would escalate this to their department that handles these type of requests.  They indicated that it would be 24-36 hours before I would hear anything back from DJI.

Thanks for the information.
2019-1-24
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Trailkill Posted at 1-24 14:43
Thanks for the information.

Still no movement out of US Customs.  I escalated this issue with DJI because US Customs is still waiting on information from DJI and will not release these 900 DJI Packages that are in the US until they have what they need.  I surely wished the ordering/shipping department for DJI would reach out to US Customs on this issue.  This has absolutely nothing to do with the government shutdown.  As indicated earlier, I spoke with US Customs and they told me that they are waiting on shipping documentation from DJI.  They put a message out to DJI but DJI has not respondedt to the US Customs Inquiry.  
2019-1-25
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-25 03:13
Still no movement out of US Customs.  I escalated this issue with DJI because US Customs is still waiting on information from DJI and will not release these 900 DJI Packages that are in the US until they have what they need.  I surely wished the ordering/shipping department for DJI would reach out to US Customs on this issue.  This has absolutely nothing to do with the government shutdown.  As indicated earlier, I spoke with US Customs and they told me that they are waiting on shipping documentation from DJI.  They put a message out to DJI but DJI has not respondedt to the US Customs Inquiry.

Looks like they have been released!
I just got an updated delivery for Monday  28.
2019-1-25
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221099 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, mine is a day behind RichfromHowellNJ's.  I saw that it was in Memphis before I went to bed last night.  I was hopeful that DJI got their act together on this import stuff and I would see it today.  Looks like it is stuck in Memphis though.

Trailkill, when did yours deliver and arrive to the States?

Here is my current status, arrived in Memphis around 11 last night.

2019-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules