First full Spark video
699 14 2019-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redman042
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54068 ft
United States

After several weeks of getting comfortable with the Spark, I completed shooting and editing of my first “real” aerial video. I shot this in my home town. Let me know what you think!

2019-1-19
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Looks like your are on your way!  Nice edit.  Thanks for sharing.  With 18" of snow in my front yard I'm really looking forward to spring...
2019-1-19
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Looks  great. Beautiful footage. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage
2019-1-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great footage, nicely done!
2019-1-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum redman042!
2019-1-20
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

It looks very good
2019-1-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day redman042. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-1-20
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Is it really your first footage? Looks as you knew what you did. Goid job!
2019-1-20
Use props
redman042
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone!

I’ve been doing “practice runs” for a few weeks after picking up the Spark the weekend before New Years Eve. But this was the first time I really set out to capture shots for a video, and put it together with music. I have a lot of prior radio controlled fixed wing aircraft flying experience (aerobatics), and a little bit with mini drones inside the house, but not aerial photography. The Spark is my first real camera drone and a huge step in capabilities beyond anything I’ve flown before. It took me a couple weeks to get comfortable flying so high and so far from where I’m standing! I also do have a fair amount of video editing experience (not professional, just videos for family and friends and for fun). I’ve looked at all the great videos posted here to get ideas for how to edit this one.

By the way, the DJI Go app sucks for editing video. I ended up doing this one in iMovie on a Mac, after having put together an entire video in the DJI Go app and finding that when I rendered it, it came out choppy with missing frames! Apparently you can’t use the color grading adjustment feature in DJI Go without creating rendering problems. Color adjustments are a must! IMovie worked well enough. I am somewhat tempted to shell out for Final Cut Pro, but it’s hard to justify given that I don’t otherwise edit videos all that often. Maybe if iTunes gift cards go on sale...
2019-1-20
Use props
redman042
lvl.2
United States

I should probably not be so harsh on the DJI Go app. As I was assembling the first cut of this video, I was impressed with the features and workflow. It’s of course limited in many ways but well optimized for a quick assembly of slick drone videos. The automated video creator mode works pretty well.

I was just really frustrated after doing the work to find that it couldn’t render a smooth result. I hope DJI gets an update out soon to address this. The feature has promise but this needs to be fixed.
2019-1-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Keep it up... you're on a right way... this footage is great.
2019-1-21
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Cool video, great job, thanks for sharing
2019-2-11
Use props
Soar Like an Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1801362 ft
Italy