994 8 2019-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricky3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32411 ft
Netherlands

Hey,

I'm devastated. This December, I bought a spark for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. We have flown it about 2 hours in total now. Today, we went to a forest and started flying a bit and out of nowhere, the drone fell from the sky. It was flying at 61 meters and I had 81% battery left. The worst thing is that the drone was flying above a lake and is now resting at the bottom of the lake.

Out of nowhere, it just fell out of the sky, it must have been a malfunction of some sort. I'm devastated about it and have already opened a support ticket (1944268). Could anyone maybe check my logs to see if something weird that happened? You can find my log here. www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LF6KH9E6GRZAGYYW1ONO/

I also have a cached video of the flight.

Do you guys know what happened?

2019-1-20
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

huh did u see the battery fall or unlatch?
it gived a 15c temp warning but that is not that bad
perhaps it was cold and it shut off as phones do the same sometime wait for support it looks weird and not your problem
2019-1-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Rick, I'm sorry to read about the crash. If the unit is still under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. Kindly reply to the email received so we can create a case and start an investigation. We'll keep in touch with you via email. If you have any other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2019-1-20
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

It seems to me that the battery got detached.
2019-1-20
Use props
Ricky3
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 1-20 11:48
Hi Rick, I'm sorry to read about the crash. If the unit is still under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. Kindly, reply to the email received so we can create a case and start an investigation we'll keep in touch with you via email. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help. Thank you.

Hey Diana, how long is the regular warrenty period? I bought it at Best Buy in December.

I've replied to the email. Let's see what happens.

Thank you for offering help.
2019-1-20
Use props
Ricky3
lvl.1
Netherlands

SAADHERO Posted at 1-20 02:20
huh did u see the battery fall or unlatch?
it gived a 15c temp warning but that is not that bad
perhaps it was cold and it shut off as phones do the same sometime wait for support it looks weird and not your problem

No I didn't see the battery fall. I was recording a video, so I was looking at my mobile phone. Then suddenly it said it lost video connection, so I looked up into the sky and saw it fall like a brick. It was only a matter of seconds but I can't recall seeing the battery unlatch.
2019-1-20
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-7
Use props
rwolff94
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'm extremely disappointed with the support of DJI. First, it takes them weeks to do the data analysis and then they come up with this conclusion:

For your case CAS-2696951-J7N7J3, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode and responded to the pilot's command well;
2. T=02:20, H=61.0 m, D=88.9 m, the flight record ended when the aircraft was hovering in the air;
3. The last point: 51.5490056 4.7702157.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterwards. We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount for Spark Alpine White without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information in the United States if you would like to accept the offer:

There was a malfunction with the product. It fell from the sky and all they do is offer me 30% discount. Do you really think I'm going to buy the same product when it fell from the sky like a brick for no reason?

Highly disappointed by DJI.
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules