Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Considering buying the Mavic 2 Pro . Should i do it or wait?
3341 22 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigan
lvl.2

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Next year you will be wondering what’s coming the year after, seize the day ....
2019-1-21
Use props
saem
lvl.4
Canada

i recommend you to buy inspire 2  for  few years you dont need to look  if you have extra cash add some more in it  if you say why inspire   compare with mavic 2  its just my thought  but buy what you like it  good luck
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Nigan. Thank you for choosing DJI. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is one of the best drone that DJI has to offer as of this time. For reference I will post a link where you van check the overview and the specification of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Regarding the question on if there will be a new drone that will out. I am sorry to say that as of the moment we do not have any information regarding this matter. For the latest news on DJI. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-1-21
Use props
Nigan
lvl.2

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-21
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Buy it if you have the cash, but the best drone is the inspire 2
2019-1-21
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

M2P is not actually future proof until they do 4K 60fps. Why some really looking forward to 4K 60fps? Because you can't take 24/25/30fps to do slow motion effects. It will look awfully unprofessional for a pro tag. Why not get a P4P/Inspire? Because it doesn't fold nicely into e.g. the fly more travel bag.

The M2 series especially the Pro 1" can actually do 4K 60fps, so does many other smaller smart phones, Osmo Pocket 1/2.3" and the Autel Evo 1/2.3" but DJI is holding out the 4K 60fps to protect the older P4P series which is sad and less innovative marketing. They could have given the P4P more valuable features to entice those serious professionals at the same time boost the M2 or at least the M2P sales even further with 4K 60fps especially with the fact that there's already a rival that can actually do 4K 60fps. By the time M3 comes out, there'll be a bigger contender but good for us.

At the end of the day just go get it if you have the extra cash because overall it's good for now.
2019-1-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is always something new on the horizon.
Buy what you can afford and love it till it breaks.
Don't focus on the specs too much. They mean nothing if you don't know how to use them.
All current drones from DJI can be used to make amazing footage.
Even little Spark.
Just watch the Spark forum for proof of that.

There is no 'best' drone, other than the one you have with you and know how to use.
I have the original Mavic Pro and am very pleased with how it performs.
There are limitations, but even my Nikon DSLR has limitations.
You are the photographer and make a beautiful picture.  Your camera is just the tool.

Unless you are planning to make a living out of it, you don't need the latest and greatest specs.
Even though it is tempting to think that they will give you better results.

So my advice : get a drone you can afford and don't worry about specs.
But make sure you get the 'fly more combo' so you can have more than 1 flight before charging!
Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Zoom, all are great drones. Unless you are really serious about your stuff, you probably won't see the difference.
2019-1-21
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you've already made the decision.
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-21 12:51
There is always something new on the horizon.
Buy what you can afford and love it till it breaks.
Don't focus on the specs too much. They mean nothing if you don't know how to use them.

Good advise
2019-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you ever edited a video file in 10 bit with H.265 encoding? A 20 minute video can take several hours using a state of the art iMac with final cut pro and that is if you know what you're doing. You'll also need a 4K 10 bit monitor to really see the subtle differences in colour grading - but that is all waiting for you to learn if not.

If you shoot in a normal colour profile then the M2P will drop down to 8 bit anyway. That said, I notice a significant difference in my stills between the clarity and dynamic range between my M2P and returned my M2Z as the quality just didn't work for me in comparison - even when using normal profiles. The images in low light pop with the M2P too and I can not recommend it enough - it is by far my favourite DJI drone out of the ten I have owned.

There are cheaper options but when considering everything each drone can do, the M2P is totally on point and has become my go to - even over my Inspire which does not give the same image quality as the Hasselblad L1D-20c camera on the M2P. Everyone has been crying out for a 1" 20mp sensor on the Mavic Pro - now it's finally here so go and buy it. No point waiting for what might be around the corner - it'll be 2020 before we see another big upgrade (Mavic 3) and IF there is a Phantom 5 it'll be the age old argument of portability and the Mavic will always win on that one.  

2019-1-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
Good luck with your choice
2019-1-22
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Go for it. New things will come every 'next year'...
2019-2-12
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Potability and good photo and video quality given the size of the platform. You really need to think about your requirements, specification and price range. The first edition Mavic Pro is still a very capable device given how long it's been available.
2019-2-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-21 11:16
Buy it if you have the cash, but the best drone is the inspire 2

Who wants to lug around a suitcase!  The best drone is the one you have with you.  M2P can basically always be with you, and it has stellar operation and quality.
2019-2-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 1-22 00:44
Have you ever edited a video file in 10 bit with H.265 encoding? A 20 minute video can take several hours using a state of the art iMac with final cut pro and that is if you know what you're doing. You'll also need a 4K 10 bit monitor to really see the subtle differences in colour grading - but that is all waiting for you to learn if not.

If you shoot in a normal colour profile then the M2P will drop down to 8 bit anyway. That said, I notice a significant difference in my stills between the clarity and dynamic range between my M2P and returned my M2Z as the quality just didn't work for me in comparison - even when using normal profiles. The images in low light pop with the M2P too and I can not recommend it enough - it is by far my favourite DJI drone out of the ten I have owned.

My sentiments exactly.  The darn camera on the M2P is freaking awesome.  I know so because I also have the original mavic pro and it is nothing to really compare.  Gone are the dark videos and pictures just because of a cloud or low light.  
2019-2-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

M Stuart K Posted at 2-12 13:14
Who wants to lug around a suitcase!  The best drone is the one you have with you.  M2P can basically always be with you, and it has stellar operation and quality.

I stand by my statement, the best drone is the Inspire 2, go figure huh.
2019-2-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M Stuart K Posted at 2-12 13:19
My sentiments exactly.  The darn camera on the M2P is freaking awesome.  I know so because I also have the original mavic pro and it is nothing to really compare.  Gone are the dark videos and pictures just because of a cloud or low light.

It is a major upgrade to the original Mavic Pro and not just the camera. The M2P is nearly flawless in my experience with it to date.
2019-5-11
Use props
Robert Kei
New

Pakistan

A J Posted at 5-11 08:28
It is a major upgrade to the original Mavic Pro and not just the camera. The M2P is nearly flawless in my experience with it to date.

Yes used it for agriculture project, Its amazingly awesome
2019-5-26
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 2 Pro. It does an awesome job with everything I do. A friend of mine had an Inspire 2, sold it and bought a Mavic 2 Pro, he said the Inspire was to hard to carry around and get in the air.
2019-5-26
Use props
refinishclick
New

Pakistan

Mavic 2 is a good option.
2020-2-19
Use props
Occams Razor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

With technology based products, you will always be wondering what comes next.   Here's one way to think about - if you take good care of your drone, you will have the option to sell it if you have to have the next generation.  That's been my philosophy with DSLR/MILC's, iPads, etc for years.
2020-2-19
Use props
Skeeterhead
lvl.1
United States

I am photography enthusiast and I love the camera versatility on the Mavic 2 pro. I’m not into video. But this drone offers many options even for those who do not wish to spend half of their lives behind a computer screen. My vote would be to get it.
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules