Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller + Mavic 2 Protector case
8352 29 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi DJI, All,

Could somebody confirm it the new DJI Smart Controller will fit to original DJI Mavic 2 Protector case?

Thanks,

David

2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding our concern, Yes the DJI Smart Controller can fit the Mavic 2 Protector Case. However, the small foam pad needs to be taken out before placing the controller. If you have further question, please feel free to ask. Thank you.
2019-1-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Thank you for reply it is really very good that DJI was thinking about this during design of Mavic 2 Protector Case. Thumbs Up.
2019-1-21
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 1-21 08:22
Thank you for reply it is really very good that DJI was thinking about this during design of Mavic 2 Protector Case. Thumbs Up.

I should be able to confirm this tomorrow :-)
2019-1-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Buzzyone Posted at 1-21 08:37
I should be able to confirm this tomorrow :-)

Great I will buy case probably tomorrow but need wait a while for controller, just wanted to be sure that I will buy some case where it will fit.
2019-1-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes it will fit the case it was designed for either or and like DJI Natalia states there are two small foam pieces that have to be removed, they are pre cut just need to pull them out.
2019-1-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

I could confirm there are two small removable pieces as mentioned also before. When removed Smart Controller will fit.
2019-1-22
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 1-22 05:21
I could confirm there are two small removable pieces as mentioned also before. When removed Smart Controller will fit.

Hi,

I have a brand new case arriving around 4.30 UK time I will check it as soon as it arrives.

Regards,
2019-1-22
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The smart controller does fit in the case, as DJI Natalia said, two small foam blocks slide out and the smart controller slides in.

As far as the case itself goes, it's not bad at all, it lacks the finish of the MC Cases range, they have a nice red felt on the top surface of the foam, the DJI one just a textured finish to the polysterene block its made from. It's the same material that the Inspire inserts are made from and the Spark box.

Everything from a flymore combo fits in, with space for an additional battery so four in total and a handy deck under the drone to store the car charger and the power bank adapter, the latter fits flush and this makes it difficult to get out unless you have fingernails long enough to prise it out.

The case outer is good quality with seals and lockable case. The foam lid pad isn't glued in, but the lower part is, I think someone on here wanted to swap the internals to another vendors case, probably not possible.

Overall is good value for money and everything fits in well. as the foam block is made in one piece you don't get the glue lines seen on some of the cheaper cases. It's about on par with MC Cases offerings however if they start making a Smart Remote version of their Explorer case I would probably swap to that as their cases stack, the Mavic protector case does not.

2019-1-22
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info Buzzyone...looks like the Smart Controller will fit with the sticks in place then?

Would you by any chance have a photo of the standard insert before the two foam blocks slide out?

I do like the red finish on the MC case though...a friend of mine has one of those but he has the standard controller.

I believe he enquired with MC about a modified case to accommodate the Smart Controller and was told @4 weeks but I don't know if that will be a whole new case or whether they would sell the insert as a separate item for those already with the standard case.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-1-26
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

GlynH Posted at 1-26 16:00
Thanks for the info Buzzyone...looks like the Smart Controller will fit with the sticks in place then?

Would you by any chance have a photo of the standard insert before the two foam blocks slide out?

heres mine with the stock regular RC

2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_JxU99wxsqZae
lvl.1

Netherlands

TruGreen Posted at 1-26 16:54
heres mine with the stock regular RC

where to buy and how much
2019-1-27
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

its on the DJI store. I paid 149usd

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-protector-case
2019-1-27
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 1-26 16:00

MC Cases sent me a video of the modification for the smart controller. It's basically a block that goes into the large void in the Explorer case. He didn't say if the insert was getting a full rejig, but I would expect that it probably will. For existing MC-Case owners the block will work.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k0brscoadW8

The sticks can stay on, I hadn't realised I left them off.

Post #11 shows the inserts in place in the protector case.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans69755318
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5814 ft
  • >>>
United States

I spoke with GPC and they are coming out with their case that will hold the smart controller soon also.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_JxU99wxsqZae
lvl.1

Netherlands

fans69755318 Posted at 1-28 13:13
I spoke with GPC and they are coming out with their case that will hold the smart controller soon also.

case bought by:
https://www.globe-flight.de/DJI- ... d-Case-B-W-Typ-3000

and with a few adjustments everything fits into it incl. the BATTERY CHARGING HUB

2019-2-1
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My OCD couldn't cope with that block of new foam shoved in there plus I'd be one battery slot short but thanks for posting!

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-1
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yup it fits the DJI Protector Case nicely

2019-2-5
Use props
lordtrini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 886316 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-21 08:17
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding our concern, Yes the DJI Smart Controller can fit the Mavic 2 Protector Case. However, the small foam pad needs to be taken out before placing the controller. If you have further question, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Hi
I just got a my case but it is a very tight fit to insert and remove the smart controller. It is So tight that i fear i may damage the smart controller. I can hardly get it or out of the slot. Did i get a defective unit. Please advise on what i should do.

2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_vUBIN9cHVLmx
lvl.1
United States

Just received a Mavic 2 Protector Case today.  Something seriously wrong with the controller slot.  Impossible to insert the standard controller without first removing the two side blocks, and no chance of forcing the Smart Controller in.  Waiting for a reply from DJI.  Otherwise, a beautiful build quality in all other aspects including the drone slot and battery fit.  Glad to see a dedicated slot sufficient to store the props - though marginally deep enough not to bend the blades.  Furthermore, top piece of foam should come glued to the lid to keep from falling down every time the case is opened.  Disappointed.
2019-11-13
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vUBIN9cHVLmx Posted at 11-13 15:54
Just received a Mavic 2 Protector Case today.  Something seriously wrong with the controller slot.  Impossible to insert the standard controller without first removing the two side blocks, and no chance of forcing the Smart Controller in.  Waiting for a reply from DJI.  Otherwise, a beautiful build quality in all other aspects including the drone slot and battery fit.  Glad to see a dedicated slot sufficient to store the props - though marginally deep enough not to bend the blades.  Furthermore, top piece of foam should come glued to the lid to keep from falling down every time the case is opened.  Disappointed.

post a picture to show what you mean
2019-11-13
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

my SC fits perfect in the Mavic 2 hard case even with extended sticks, does it say mavic 2 on the case?
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_vUBIN9cHVLmx
lvl.1
United States

Yes... pictures might help if there's something that I'm missing that's causing the controller to fit too tightly... Here is the empty slot and views from the two sides after forcing the controller down an inch or so into the depth of the slot where you can see the points of conflict where the controller pushes firmly against the foam which doesn't give way sufficiently.

This the link to the product in the DJI store.  https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-protector-case

2019-11-15
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vUBIN9cHVLmx Posted at 11-15 19:07
Yes... pictures might help if there's something that I'm missing that's causing the controller to fit too tightly... Here is the empty slot and views from the two sides after forcing the controller down an inch or so into the depth of the slot where you can see the points of conflict where the controller pushes firmly against the foam which doesn't give way sufficiently.

This the link to the product in the DJI store.  https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-protector-case

perhaps a sharp long razor. and just slice the foam to fit the RC properly?
2019-11-15
Use props
Norseman22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113665 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

2020-4-7
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

MC cases

MC cases

got this one last year from a German company mc-cases.com
Got place for my standard controller + smart controller

https://mc-cases.com/shop.html/f ... rying-case-explorer

2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_KgvrEdbZc2Ac
lvl.1

United States

Ordered the case Jan 27, SAME problem!  The smart controller will not fit.  Has anyone had luck getting through to DJI?

Thanks!
2021-1-31
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Apparently this is not something that DJI will give you an official answer; but at least this time no one comes out and thank you for reaching out; please stay tuned as your questions will be passed on to the engineers...
2021-2-1
Use props
birdnerd
lvl.1

United States

I ended up sending it in, and will update as it is evaluated.  SOOOOOO frustrating for such an obvious manufacturing defect.
2021-2-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes I have 2. Pro and Zoom with Smart-controller, and DJI case, you just need to pull out the foam inserts that allow the SC to fit.
It even allows the PGYTECH face protector to be left in place.

2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules