1807 13 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zarg404
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3494 ft

France

Hello,
I have a problem with my phantom 4 RC. I think it lost its firmware !

The RC is not connecting to  my Ipad. I tried to downgrade by long pressing the three lines in the main menu but I can not see any firmware !

With my mac, using Assistant, I can see the remote, but again, the software can get the firmware version of the RC.
With DJI assistant 2, I can not see the RC

With a windows PC, I can neither see the firmware version with Assistant but windows can connect to it.

The RC is "working". When I turn on the Phantom, the led turn from red to green. I can move the camera and start the motors. With the windows PC, I can use the RC for the DJI Drone simulator.

I tried the "C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button" reset without success..

To summarize, the RC seems to work but I can not connect it to my ipad (or my android phone) and I can't see or upgrade the firmware.

Do you have any idea now ?

Thank you

20190121_170149.jpg
20190121_165957.jpg
Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.37.png
Capture d’écran 2019-01-21 à 21-01-19 16.58.45.png
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern, It seems the Remote controller is not recognizing anymore the Mobile device and as you mention you've already tried Both Android and IOS. If that the case I would recommend sending it into the facility for further checking. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support and contact one of our support channels in order for you to have the guide on what you'll need to do. Thanks!
2019-1-21
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Really stupid suggestion zarg404 but have you tried a different USB-Lightning cable? I had a similar problem and swapped the cable. New cable worked and old one charges Apple products so suspect it is down to data transfer connections.
2019-1-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha zarg,

Wombat has a good suggestion, Gamora has a last resort.  To supplement wombat, be sure you are also plugging into the full size USB port.  The Micro USB port on the remote controller does not function for current operations.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-21
Use props
zarg404
lvl.4

France

Unfortunately I already try different cables without success. With the USB-miniUSB cable, I can use the RC to play the DJI Flight simulator so I am sure, the cable is not the problem.
2019-1-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zarg404 Posted at 1-22 00:35
Unfortunately I already try different cables without success. With the USB-miniUSB cable, I can use the RC to play the DJI Flight simulator so I am sure, the cable is not the problem.

Just to clarify, you have tried different lightning cables with your iPad, the full size USB socket on RC is clean and no obstructions (The flight SIM connects to the mini USB port on RC) ?

Edit:- Which iPad are you using, and which OS, I'm assuming it has worked before with the RC ?

There are some electronics in the cables in the 'lightning' connection, sometimes there can be problems because of this. And some Android devices can have problems connecting.
The reason you do not see the firmware version for RC in DJI Go 4 is because the display device cannot interrogate the RC over the USB connection.
The P4 RC cannot be updated using DJI Assistant 2, it can only be done via the DJI Go 4 App'.
2019-1-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 1-22 02:24
Just to clarify, you have tried different lightning cables with your iPad, the full size USB socket on RC is clean and no obstructions (The flight SIM connects to the mini USB port on RC) ?

Edit:- Which iPad are you using, and which OS, I'm assuming it has worked before with the RC ?

Aloha Aardvark,

Good catch!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-23
Use props
zarg404
lvl.4

France

Aardvark Posted at 1-22 02:24
Just to clarify, you have tried different lightning cables with your iPad, the full size USB socket on RC is clean and no obstructions (The flight SIM connects to the mini USB port on RC) ?

Yes yhis Ipad worked with the RC before.

I use the official Apple Ipad cable. When I connect the Ipad to my mac using this cable, the connection is working. My computer can see the IPad. To my knowledge a USB cable is only 4 wires plus shield. So if the cable works with my computer, there is no reason it should not work with the RC.

I have IOS 12.1.3
Thank you
2019-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zarg404 Posted at 1-30 01:34
Yes yhis Ipad worked with the RC before.

I use the official Apple Ipad cable. When I connect the Ipad to my mac using this cable, the connection is working. My computer can see the IPad. To my knowledge a USB cable is only 4 wires plus shield. So if the cable works with my computer, there is no reason it should not work with the RC.

There is an Apple authentication chip built into the lightning connection, but it's a genuine Apple cable and you've proved it works. Perhaps there is a corruption in the DJI Go 4 application on the iPad. I would try a complete uninstall on DJI Go 4 with a fresh install after that.

I normally remove applications completely by going into Settings / General / iPad storage, and then scroll down and tap on application to be removed and chose 'Delete App', that should then remove it completely and any of its remaining files and folders.

Failing that, then it may be a fault on the RC associated with the USB port (assuming the port is OK and no bad contact between plug & socket). I see you have tried a reset of RC. I have seen mention of one method (similar to that you have tried) but it suggests that by powering up while holding buttons that it will force an update. I suspect this would only work if RC had communication with iPad. But might be worth a try if it makes a change to the RC:-

Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2019-1-30
Use props
zarg404
lvl.4

France

Aardvark Posted at 1-30 02:11
There is an Apple authentication chip built into the lightning connection, but it's a genuine Apple cable and you've proved it works. Perhaps there is a corruption in the DJI Go 4 application on the iPad. I would try a complete uninstall on DJI Go 4 with a fresh install after that.

I normally remove applications completely by going into Settings / General / iPad storage, and then scroll down and tap on application to be removed and chose 'Delete App', that should then remove it completely and any of its remaining files and folders.

I just did what you propose without result.

I also try to see if the camera was working. And it does ! So the RC is working good for the AC connection but the firmware is not seen and I can't connect the RC to Ipad or Android.
Through Assistant on my Mac, I can connect to the RC, but I have the message "cannot load firmware list, Retry"
2019-1-30
Use props
zarg404
lvl.4

France

I found another strange thing  ! With the RC  I can take pictures and shoot films even if I can't connect the RC to my Ipad. And the images are date to 01/01/2014 00h01 ! So I am wondering if there is a timing problem somewhere in the system. I will try to power the AC outside.
2019-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zarg404 Posted at 1-30 08:07
I found another strange thing  ! With the RC  I can take pictures and shoot films even if I can't connect the RC to my Ipad. And the images are date to 01/01/2014 00h01 ! So I am wondering if there is a timing problem somewhere in the system. I will try to power the AC outside.

The RC has full control over the aircraft without a display device connected, this is normal (although you will be limited to 50m radius & 30m altitude for flight). So the fact that all is working in controlling the aircraft suggests that the firmware is more or less intact and doing what it should.
I believe the aircraft might pull time and date from the GPS (if not then the display device, which it is not communicating with).

Would you be able to try another iOS device with the RC ? That at least would prove beyond reasonable doubt whether the fault lies within the RC or iPad either as a hardware or firmware problem.
2019-1-30
Use props
P3Sdestroyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Similar problem to above - I connected my Phantom 4 Standard remote to the Flight Simulator, the only P4 on the simulator is the P4P, I connected to the P4P with my Standard P4 remote and all worked fine. I then disconnected from the simulator and connected my Samsung S10+ to the controller and attempted to connect the controller and P4 to the DJI 4 Go App. The phone does not pick up my phone at all, I have re-installed the Go App - Tried different cables and different different Android phones with no success. Is it possible that my P4 controller now is looking to connect to a P4P due to me using the controller on the simulator. If this is the case how do I get the controller reset.
2019-11-11
Use props
Xmas
lvl.1

Hungary

P3Sdestroyer Posted at 2019-11-11 10:06
Similar problem to above - I connected my Phantom 4 Standard remote to the Flight Simulator, the only P4 on the simulator is the P4P, I connected to the P4P with my Standard P4 remote and all worked fine. I then disconnected from the simulator and connected my Samsung S10+ to the controller and attempted to connect the controller and P4 to the DJI 4 Go App. The phone does not pick up my phone at all, I have re-installed the Go App - Tried different cables and different different Android phones with no success. Is it possible that my P4 controller now is looking to connect to a P4P due to me using the controller on the simulator. If this is the case how do I get the controller reset.

Same problem for me.  Somebody help me with the solution.
2020-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules