Headless mode not acting right
1290 7 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffTally
lvl.1

United States

My DJI Phantom 2 vision plus is doing some strange things in headless mode. When it is in Headless mode there seems to be no effect. When I put it in Course Lock mode the drones acts as if it is in Headless mode except it doesn't change the Left & Right movement. In Course Lock I can turn the drone around and when I push forward it moves away and when I push back it moves toward me but left is right and right is left. When I put the toggle in Headless mode there appears to be no effect. I have hooked up the remote to the software and when I move te toggles they register correct on the screen. I have also calibrated the compass before I test the drone.  Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix it.

2019-1-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you in Naza mode?  
2019-1-21
Use props
JeffTally
lvl.1

United States

Yes, sorry I forgot to include that info
2019-1-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

JeffTally Posted at 1-21 12:22
Yes, sorry I forgot to include that info

And the IOC function is enabled?  

Edit:  BTW, it just occurred to me why you keep saying "headless mode."  The H you see on your controller near the S2 switch doesn't mean "headless mode."  It means Home Lock.  The H is for homelock.  DJI pilots don't refer to a headless mode.  You have a course lock and a home lock.  Otherwise, the switch is off.

Also, you have to be a certain distance from the home point for the homelock to work.  It's like 20 meters, something like that.  So if you're within 20 meters and you are trying to fly in home lock, you will be in Course Lock mode whether you like it or not.  The Phantom will behave like it's in Course Lock.  You have to move outside of that 20 meter diameter for the home lock function to start working.  

Here is the best explanation of it:  

Good luck.  

2019-1-21
Use props
JeffTally
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-21 12:32
And the IOC function is enabled?

yes it is. That is where I tested the switches to make sure the were working correctly
2019-1-21
Use props
JeffTally
lvl.1

United States

screen 2
2019-1-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay see my edited post above.  I think that should cover it.  Good luck
2019-1-21
Use props
JeffTally
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the quick response. I had not flown the drone for a few weeks and I have been helping my grandson learn his drone that has a headless mode so when I got back home I assume my HL was Headless. Plus I did not remember reading about the 10-20 meter range for it to work.  Thank again, good to know I'm not going nuts and the drone is fine.  
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules