dji really leaving the mavic air out to die..
123Next >
6336 91 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-25 11:59
unfortunately some people, guess including you as well, do not understand how the SDK (software Development Kit) works...  :/  i didn't buy my drone on a promise of what it could be, because DJI has always fallen short with that, like i said even with its faults i love it, for its size its amazing,  i however know what it could be and see DJI is doing this intentionally and for little reasoning other than market segmentation, all it takes it comparing SDK to see the issue and you realize very quickly that surprisingly Mavic Air and Mavic 2 appear almost 1 in the same... im sure some of it may not be fully tested or activated in firmware, but still dji could offer us the options as experimental or something with a warning comes with it...

for example, trajectory prediction, using OA sensors to keep tracking subjects, remote waypoint offloading, dynamic home point, bandwidth management (live image quality i guess?)..etc etc etc....

I think it’s you that is not understanding, you posted all of the problems you are having with your drone including features you should have, others here on your thread have verified they are not having these problems and you choose to do nothing about this.
I fully understand what SDK is and as someone who buys a lot of tech including many cameras, this is how the world works, if as you say dji are intentionally doing this then you got all your getting , why shouldn’t they, does it make sense that a spark should have all the features an M2 has etc . No it doesn’t , it seems as someone who owns an IPhone X you don’t mind purchasing other apps to do what you need to get done.
I mean if Cannon Sony Panasonic Samsung Fuji Apple, and all of the other tech giants operate the same way , why do you think dji should be any different.
You lost me with trajectory prediction.
My live image is extremely good, so if that’s a problem then get it checked out.
AT using OA well I knew when I bought it didn’t and wouldn’t have that and SDK alone will never give you that.
2019-1-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 12:39
I think it’s you that is not understanding, you posted all of the problems you are having with your drone including features you should have, others here on your thread have verified they are not having these problems and you choose to do nothing about this.
I fully understand what SDK is and as someone who buys a lot of tech including many cameras, this is how the world works, if as you say dji are intentionally doing this then you got all your getting , why shouldn’t they, does it make sense that a spark should have all the features an M2 has etc . No it doesn’t , it seems as someone who owns an IPhone X you don’t mind purchasing other apps to do what you need to get done.
I mean if Cannon Sony Panasonic Samsung Fuji Apple, and all of the other tech giants operate the same way , why do you think dji should be any different.

just because every company likes bending their customers over and screwing them doesn't make it right.       i own many tech products and stuff, i hate buying apps only 1 app i paid for Litchi.   i do have litchi as per recommendations a while ago to overcome spark's limitations back when i had the spark, and it proves my point.    if DJI actually gave 1 f*ck about their customers, they listen to us...litchi uses same exact SDK and and manages to bring many of the features we beg for to drones dji basically leaves to die.. i would be okay with this if DJi didnt then also deny every warrenty claim thus far i seen with Litchi involved claiming they (dji) are no longer liable. thus i rather use a self intrgated solution as well, i dont care that i dont ever plan to use warrenty service, not about me, about US as a community of users....

just because every other big company does this, does not make it right... we already call DJI the Apple of drones not because of how "innovative" or "refined" their products are or how easy to use or watever BS people say these days about apple products.   but rather because of how ... their company is and how sh*t customer service is...and their stance on customer priority being near the bottom.. DJI and Apple tell us what we want instead of listening then assume they are right even if they proven wrong.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-25 13:09
just because every company likes bending their customers over and screwing them doesn't make it right.       i own many tech products and stuff, i hate buying apps only 1 app i paid for Litchi.   i do have litchi as per recommendations a while ago to overcome spark's limitations back when i had the spark, and it proves my point.    if DJI actually gave 1 f*ck about their customers, they listen to us...litchi uses same exact SDK and and manages to bring many of the features we beg for to drones dji basically leaves to die.. i would be okay with this if DJi didnt then also deny every warrenty claim thus far i seen with Litchi involved claiming they (dji) are no longer liable. thus i rather use a self intrgated solution as well, i dont care that i dont ever plan to use warrenty service, not about me, about US as a community of users....

just because every other big company does this, does not make it right... we already call DJI the Apple of drones not because of how "innovative" or "refined" their products are or how easy to use or watever BS people say these days about apple products.   but rather because of how ... their company is and how sh*t customer service is...and their stance on customer priority being near the bottom.. DJI and Apple tell us what we want instead of listening then assume they are right even if they proven wrong.

1/ show me one case where dji denied warranty where aircraft malfunctioned , just one .

2/ yes litchi uses SDK from dji, so does all app companies who store apps for Apple products, Litchi app will always be a step ahead of dji’s for the one simple reason, litchi do one thing they develop apps and I would always expect a company who develops apps to be better at it than a company who designand manufacturer drones. And that’s why dji Release SDK to the likes of Litchi.

And if I thought that Apple and Dji treated me like Sh#t then I would at least have the strength of my convictions to never buy any of their products, but you choose to continue to support them by purchasing their goods.

It’s difficult to take your 16 faults seriously, the fact that you buy something and then hope it will become something different the fact that you have so many problems with your drone but won’t do anything about it is almost unbelievable, I have to say it all smacks of The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side, I think they call it envy.
2019-1-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 14:03
1/ show me one case where dji denied warranty where aircraft malfunctioned , just one .

2/ yes litchi uses SDK from dji, so does all app companies who store apps for Apple products, Litchi app will always be a step ahead of dji’s for the one simple reason, litchi do one thing they develop apps and I would always expect a company who develops apps to be better at it than a company who designand manufacturer drones. And that’s why dji Release SDK to the likes of Litchi.

i dont need to show you anything its happened on these forums and mavic pilot forums, reddit and fb group many many times and people discussed it.  search yourself... been proven... however you are type to think that 99.9999999% is pilot error and DJI seems perfect in your eyes so, wish you luck finding somethign to open your eyes..

point 2 makes zero f*cking sense...do you really thing a company worth multi-billion dollars would force the same people working on hardware to then develop software or something?  or what way does it seem difficult..? i am geniunely confused.      two differant teams, i know for a fact that it is harder to not use unified code, much better to have all functions and optimizations in 1 big lump of code works across all product then optimize from there....

point 3.. yes i seriously do... plenty of people who enjoy being victimized by many thing for reason are far beyond me...  Apple and DJI have proven they do not listen nor care.  maybe a  little louis rossman will help you understand Apple issues?  he repairs products apple refuses to while apple constantly attacking him, siezing packages, threatening law suits and etc etc, mostly because he exposes Apple, apple only seems to attack the biggest companies making it known they going to expose their sh*t ways.

point 4.  the actual f*ck?  that's your issue if you cannot pickup what i am throwing down.   i love my mavic air  and me wishing it was better and not fking ignored... is it envy?  i dont think so..  im p*ssed that DJi moment a new product comes out from them, they silently EOL last product no new features, functions, bug fixes or anything...and continue to charge $799 base retail cost...like really?   does this seem okay with you just because apple also does it?  you still not seeing the connection here?

2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-25 14:31
i dont need to show you anything its happened on these forums and mavic pilot forums, reddit and fb group many many times and people discussed it.  search yourself... been proven... however you are type to think that 99.9999999% is pilot error and DJI seems perfect in your eyes so, wish you luck finding somethign to open your eyes..

I didn’t think you could show because there are no known cases where dji drone warranty was void when there was a malfunction in the drone while using litchi or any other app.

The rest of what you are saying just makes no sense , and the fact that you have to continually revert to strong language to try to make your point shows you don’t have one good day...
2019-1-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 14:45
I didn’t think you could show because there are no known cases where dji drone warranty was void when there was a malfunction in the drone while using litchi or any other app.

The rest of what you are saying just makes no sense , and the fact that you have to continually revert to strong language to try to make your point shows you don’t have one good day...

i already have a GF, so i dont need to do anymore dirty laundry for other people, not that difficult to find case studies

i use strong language because  that's how i speak especially when i am upset about a subject that i am passionate about.  if i make no sense to you, then that is your own issue, hopefully you dont work in customer service because wouldnt be an ideal fit for you... enjoy rest of your day.
2019-1-25
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

I guess I'm not really in any camp on this one.

I truly love my MA and do not regret getting it one iota.  The fact that it doesn't have features which were never promised doesn't bother me, even though I'd like to have them.  I also guess I look at things like no waypoints and geofencing as DJI's way to minimize financial liability.  The market segmentation is annoying, but not such a bitter pill for a first-time drone owner to swallow.

Now, what DOES p*** me off are the common, well-documented glitches for which we have NO indication will be addressed (I'm talking about the squirrely yaw thing here for example).   That is the clearest indication that the MA is at EOL in DJI's eyes since it's not really costing them anything and customers' ruined footage is a small price to pay to shut down that part of the dev team.  After all, the original Mavic Pro got the right care and love from the firmware developers right up to the point that the M2 came out.  The fact that there's no indication whatsoever of an Air 2 or any firmware updates suggests that they've called it a product and have decided it's time to move on.

Hell, at least Microsoft tells everyone the date they'll stop supporting an OS.  I don't know why this is so hard to do for a drone.

So yes, I love the MA and will hold on to it for a very, very long time barring catastrophe.  But the early sun setting of the line with no warning (as it would appear) does not foster much goodwill with the slew of new customers the MA brought to their doorstep.
2019-1-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-25 17:04
I guess I'm not really in any camp on this one.

I truly love my MA and do not regret getting it one iota.  The fact that it doesn't have features which were never promised doesn't bother me, even though I'd like to have them.  I also guess I look at things like no waypoints and geofencing as DJI's way to minimize financial liability.  The market segmentation is annoying, but not such a bitter pill for a first-time drone owner to swallow.

absolutely.  most people who bought the mavic air love the mavic air me included its a fantastic drone. as annoying as it can be.     

your second point nails one of the biggest issues squarely on the head, they dont listen to us.  between suggestions, complaints, bugs, and the lack of optimizations a lot more this drone can be, for sure! i dont mean purely as in more features or options.. i mean it can be morer as in more stable, more capable, and less buggy as well as carry over more features and functionality.    it doesn't have to be a mavic 2 pro or whatever just sucks that the latest update to the app, could have carried over (by way of SDK support) mavic air, mavic pro, spark, and phantom 4 pro..but didnt, it carried over only mavic 2 series... not envy of newer more expensive drones its that dji has just upped and left us hanging...abandoned it seems.. no technical reasons why couldnt extend it...

2019-1-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-24 14:07
Thank you for a prompt and substantial answer. I look to the Mavic 2 Pro direction, but its price seems a bit costly now. The thing that I don’t really like in Mavic Air is an absence of Occusync.

If they turn the M-air to ocusync it will be a great little drone.
2019-1-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-25 18:04

according to my friend, with all his gear that tested my RC, there isnt a Wifi module in the remote but rather SDR system.  software defined radio and it is pretending to be be Wifi..well not pretending but rather it is being Wifi..   so all in all, some weird decisions by Dji

just FYI, Occusync is SDR based.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-25 17:04
I guess I'm not really in any camp on this one.

I truly love my MA and do not regret getting it one iota.  The fact that it doesn't have features which were never promised doesn't bother me, even though I'd like to have them.  I also guess I look at things like no waypoints and geofencing as DJI's way to minimize financial liability.  The market segmentation is annoying, but not such a bitter pill for a first-time drone owner to swallow.

I’m not to sure what you base EOL on, as someone who owns a MP and P4Pro, this is the facts and not the scaremongering.
Mavic Air first year, 5 FW updates, MP first Year 6 FW updates P4Pro first year 3 FW updates, Spark first year 4 FW updates, M2 first 6 months 3 FW updates.

MP second year 7 FW updates P4 Pro second year 4 FW updates and spark second year 3 FW updates.

What your listening to and saying has no basis whatsoever for saying that MavAir is in EOL .Where do people get these ideas from , I would like to know on what do you base this on, I have given you the history of dji drones and the support they have given them, why would you be under the impression when MavAir has been treated almost exactly the same as older dji drones that it is now in EOL, I would just like to know where your information and on what basis of fact you believe this is happening.

MavAir is a favorite drone of many people bought by many and I’m certain that those people will look forward dji bringing out someday a MavAir 2, I think what happens is the pied piper says something and others jump on the band wagon.

I would like to hear your views on this and how you arrived at them.
2019-1-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-25 18:43
according to my friend, with all his gear that tested my RC, there isnt a Wifi module in the remote but rather SDR system.  software defined radio and it is pretending to be be Wifi..well not pretending but rather it is being Wifi..   so all in all, some weird decisions by Dji

just FYI, Occusync is SDR based.

Very interesting indeed!
2019-1-25
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 18:53
I’m not to sure what you base EOL on, as someone who owns a MP and P4Pro, this is the facts and not the scaremongering.
Mavic Air first year, 5 FW updates, MP first Year 6 FW updates P4Pro first year 3 FW updates, Spark first year 4 FW updates, M2 first 6 months 3 FW updates.

Fair question.

Yes, I will admit right off the bat that I have arrived at my opinions from the litany of things I've watched and read throughout the various rabbit holes online.  And yes, there is a lot of filtering one must do.

I also admit that I do not know the dates of the updates you mention.  Whether incriminating or exculpatory, they're relevant.  The Air has been out over a year and .5000 has been out for a LONG time.  The rate of updates has certainly deviated from the other platforms.  On top of that, the fact that DJI is so opaque and coy about them (and apparently have a wall of separation between the dev team and their PR folks) does not engender much confidence for those of us who love the MA and just want those things which are clearly not hardware-related to be addressed in firmware/software.

I would LOVE to be wrong.  I want to look back on this thread in relative embarrassment.  But the longer we go with radio silence vis-a-vis these systemic issues with nary a peep that DJI is listening (now in its second year), the less I'm inclined to doubt this impression.

We're in year 2.  There are problems wich many true MA lovers (like me) have consistently documented.  These are not being publicly addressed or mitigated by an update as .5000 gets older and older (how many months now?).  We are the customers.  We are the revenue flow.  We here, in this forum, are the core loyalty base for the consumer products.  We ARE the audience.   And we're provided deafening silence.  

Again, I AM one of the MA die-hards here.  All I'm asking for is some indication that a very common defect is actually going to be addressed.  
2019-1-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Lucas775 Posted at 1-25 18:04

Yeah, I think so. Completely agree with you.
2019-1-25
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 15:44
The Mavic Air has by far the most features of any dji consumer drone, I don’t need any more, I fly within VLOS so never had a problem with signal, I use both Crystalsky and iPhone XR and have no problem getting voltage up,there are so many things you are not happy with I can’t see them being fixed , it’s funny as soon as new FW is added it brings more problems according to some and for others they can’t get enough FW.
I bought MavAir and since I bought some features have been added, but I got what I paid for, if any new FW is coming I just hope it only optimizes what’s already there.

Same here for me I bought the MA to put in my line up as a small travel drone to replace the spark as it has a much better gimbal and better camera, I have not had any issues with mine as far as signal goes but I also fly VLOS (as we all should be really). The only gripe I have are yes it would be much nicer to have a quiet set of props as it is noisey compared to the Mavic Pro Platinumm and the Mavic 2, the only other thing Id like as many others have said is the camera down function to be added to the list for the programmable buttons on the controller, other than that its pretty cool with the combo pack.

I do understand peoples concerns that it does seem as if DJI focus on every other product apart from the MA.

I still thinks its better than my old spark and that was portable as hell, the MA to me is my high res quality footage drone that I can fly indoors if needed as it fits easily through doors and windows

It might be nice if DJI issued a post on what they are working on as far as firmware and involved us as a community a bit more that would keep us in the loop it also might help them focus on bugs and updates based on user poll perhaps

2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-25 21:47
Fair question.

Yes, I will admit right off the bat that I have arrived at my opinions from the litany of things I've watched and read throughout the various rabbit holes online.  And yes, there is a lot of filtering one must do.

The only reference I can give you is P4Pro had a wait of 9 months to get its last FW, MavAir got a FW update in July the 5th in 7 months, the Mavic Pro is probably done with FW updates unless it gets a FW optimizations I think that will be it, but it got many updates during its second year, it is now a craft with almost no problems and is far removed than when it was first released.

Yes features are great but are they needed, lots of talk now about waypoints 2 but for twenty bucks you can have a much better app for waypoints, it would be my wish that FW concentrate on optimizing the MavAir, it’s over run with features and I see no real need for more if we get them that’s fine, but time as you say will tell.
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 02:45
The only reference I can give you is P4Pro had a wait of 9 months to get its last FW, MavAir got a FW update in July the 5th in 7 months, the Mavic Pro is probably done with FW updates unless it gets a FW optimizations I think that will be it, but it got many updates during its second year, it is now a craft with almost no problems and is far removed than when it was first released.

Yes features are great but are they needed, lots of talk now about waypoints 2 but for twenty bucks you can have a much better app for waypoints, it would be my wish that FW concentrate on optimizing the MavAir, it’s over run with features and I see no real need for more if we get them that’s fine, but time as you say will tell.

I'm not the one demanding waypoints, although it would be nice.  I'm with you on the desired outcome of the next FW update; just fix these problems.  I don't have to have new features, I just want the bugs gone.  They could very easily make a lot of us feel better about it all if they'd acknowledge that there's an error they're working on fixing, but they don't. That's what makes me think we're EOL, not the chatter.
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-26 10:30
I'm not the one demanding waypoints, although it would be nice.  I'm with you on the desired outcome of the next FW update; just fix these problems.  I don't have to have new features, I just want the bugs gone.  They could very easily make a lot of us feel better about it all if they'd acknowledge that there's an error they're working on fixing, but they don't. That's what makes me think we're EOL, not the chatter.

In the 4 years I’ve been on this forum and almost 6 years flying dji drones, I have never known dji to tell or say anything on what they are working on or going to release , I can see very good reasons for this, competitors , also new tech can be problematic and if you say your going to release FW on Monday and it doesn’t arrive then you just face the crowd baying for your guts, but EOL no definitely not.
2019-1-26
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Mine work ok
2019-1-26
Use props
fansdbb77e30
lvl.1
United States

So far I'm quite happy with mine. But then, I'm newbie who picked one up at Costco for $499. The small size vs. decent battery life puts this in the sweet spot for me since I'm planning on packing it along on some off road MC trips this summer, and the ability to be flown with just my iPhone w/o the controller on those occasions is valuable
2019-1-26
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 11:02
In the 4 years I’ve been on this forum and almost 6 years flying dji drones, I have never known dji to tell or say anything on what they are working on or going to release , I can see very good reasons for this, competitors , also new tech can be problematic and if you say your going to release FW on Monday and it doesn’t arrive then you just face the crowd baying for your guts, but EOL no definitely not.

I am personally hopeful that we might see a new update soon. I am in the dark as far as firmware/software/hardware issues with my remote, and just hope the yaw gremlin can finally be slain. I just dont know if i can reset my remote like my aircraft, or if that would even help
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

fansdbb77e30 Posted at 1-26 15:20
So far I'm quite happy with mine. But then, I'm newbie who picked one up at Costco for $499. The small size vs. decent battery life puts this in the sweet spot for me since I'm planning on packing it along on some off road MC trips this summer, and the ability to be flown with just my iPhone w/o the controller on those occasions is valuable

$499?  Can you share a picture?
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdbb77e30 Posted at 1-26 15:20
So far I'm quite happy with mine. But then, I'm newbie who picked one up at Costco for $499. The small size vs. decent battery life puts this in the sweet spot for me since I'm planning on packing it along on some off road MC trips this summer, and the ability to be flown with just my iPhone w/o the controller on those occasions is valuable

for $499 i wouldn't complain about the MA too much if at all because at $500 it does its job exceptionally well.    but at MSRP of $799 (base unit) i feel like DJi could do better with giving us more optimizations, bug fixes, lower noise props/solutions and not just general EOL like state of affairs..
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 11:02
In the 4 years I’ve been on this forum and almost 6 years flying dji drones, I have never known dji to tell or say anything on what they are working on or going to release , I can see very good reasons for this, competitors , also new tech can be problematic and if you say your going to release FW on Monday and it doesn’t arrive then you just face the crowd baying for your guts, but EOL no definitely not.

we all hope that i and handful of other are wrong about it being EOL, but i feel like if it wasn't EOL, DJI would carry over features, fixes and updates a little more regularly.   perfect example, quiet props...been a year and complaints been constant about the props being noisy and ringing around 3-5Khz (perfectly in the obnoxious range of frequency curve and why sounds so loud).  i can buy the story that DJI may need some time to optimize new props and software/firmware behind propulsion system to map and manage it...but.... props arent anything new to DJI...so why hasn't this arrived or been addressed in some way?   what about the whole remote drains faster on mavic air with android devices in use..  got addressed in mavic 2 but still a source of issue on mavic air, same with unstable connectivity to android devices (i occasionally have this when using android)..on going issues for many months with mavic air...yet only addressed with mavic 2 series...why?

i know and most of us know DJi is hardly transparent company, infact most of the transparency comes form leakers finding things and people like us digging around and exposing stuff.. DJI isnt even that good about announcing EOL or admitting to an EOL..  mavic pro is EOL (Offically EOL) and hardly got mentioned as EOL anywhere.
2019-1-26
Use props
Manitol
lvl.1
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-26 15:26
$499?  Can you share a picture?

<<$499?  Can you share a picture?>>
Actually, I made a mistake. It was $599 not $499. Sorry about that. I don't have a pic of my own handy, but here 's the Costco ad showing what I bought. It came with case pictured, and also a smaller drone-only case. Aslo for no reason that I can figure, a 2nd set of propellers and a 2nd set of propeller guards

https://www.costco.com/DJI-Mavic-Air-Aerial-Camera-Bundle%2c-Onyx-Black.product.100457714.html

Right now, the member price on the website is back up to $750 for what you see in the ad

2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-26 16:26
we all hope that i and handful of other are wrong about it being EOL, but i feel like if it wasn't EOL, DJI would carry over features, fixes and updates a little more regularly.   perfect example, quiet props...been a year and complaints been constant about the props being noisy and ringing around 3-5Khz (perfectly in the obnoxious range of frequency curve and why sounds so loud).  i can buy the story that DJI may need some time to optimize new props and software/firmware behind propulsion system to map and manage it...but.... props arent anything new to DJI...so why hasn't this arrived or been addressed in some way?   what about the whole remote drains faster on mavic air with android devices in use..  got addressed in mavic 2 but still a source of issue on mavic air, same with unstable connectivity to android devices (i occasionally have this when using android)..on going issues for many months with mavic air...yet only addressed with mavic 2 series...why?

I don’t think people understand an Inspire is much louder than a MavAir, a P4Pro is even louder with its low noise props my Mavic Pro. With low noise props has made very little difference, I don’t know if dji are working on miracle props for MavAir and even if they come I don’t think they will make much difference just as they don’t with MP and P4Pro.
I don’t need anymore features there are so many on MavAir I don’t know what to do with them all, I would only be interested to see dji continue to optimize the MavAir, I don’t have the problems your having and if you read your own thread I’m not alone.

Incidentally Mavic Pro. Got tons of features in its second year so maybe you just might get some. I think if you read this forum MavAir section there are very few complaining , go back before .500 and read all those complaining in both .300 and .400 , I know you said that your problems started with .500, if that’s so then you have an easy fix just roll back to .400.
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 17:04
I don’t think people understand an Inspire is much louder than a MavAir, a P4Pro is even louder with its low noise props my Mavic Pro. With low noise props has made very little difference, I don’t know if dji are working on miracle props for MavAir and even if they come I don’t think they will make much difference just as they don’t with MP and P4Pro.
I don’t need anymore features there are so many on MavAir I don’t know what to do with them all, I would only be interested to see dji continue to optimize the MavAir, I don’t have the problems your having and if you read your own thread I’m not alone.

not about Decibel readings its about perceived loudness.  lower frequencies blend into nature and surroundings.. higher pitched sounds do not they stand out like a sore thumb.

the Mavic Pro with lower noise props has 800hz - 1.5Khz and 93-96 Db @ < 1 Meter.  

the Inspire 2 with OEM CF prop option is 650-1Khz and  100-103DB @ <1Meter.  

Mavic Air is 3.5Khz - 5Khz and 94-96Db @ <1 meter
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 17:04
I don’t think people understand an Inspire is much louder than a MavAir, a P4Pro is even louder with its low noise props my Mavic Pro. With low noise props has made very little difference, I don’t know if dji are working on miracle props for MavAir and even if they come I don’t think they will make much difference just as they don’t with MP and P4Pro.
I don’t need anymore features there are so many on MavAir I don’t know what to do with them all, I would only be interested to see dji continue to optimize the MavAir, I don’t have the problems your having and if you read your own thread I’m not alone.

skip to 2 minutes 58 seconds for direct comparison.
this demonstrate even without optimized propulsion system mavic air sounds a lot quieter with Anafi Props which have a lot more bite to them...  without optimization there is more of a signature pulsating happens as demonstrated in some flight test videos that expanded on this concept...  pulsating comes from the ESCs and flight controller not fully understanding the dramatic change.   all in all may even sound quieter than this with an optimized propulsion system
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-26 17:45
not about Decibel readings its about perceived loudness.  lower frequencies blend into nature and surroundings.. higher pitched sounds do not they stand out like a sore thumb.

the Mavic Pro with lower noise props has 800hz - 1.5Khz and 93-96 Db @ < 1 Meter.  

Perceived to who, to the controller or people around him ? As the controller I don’t mind the sound, but even using my M2 everybody thinks it’s loud , no public citizens have ever said any of my drones are quiet, so the perception of the public is all drones are noisy and I don’t think this perception will change until we see electric drones.

Everybody knows MavAir is loud , what I’m saying is new props are not going to change it much, I hope if they are designed they will, but I suspect that MavAir 2 will have them and they might fit MavAir so very similar to P4Pro and P4Pro v2.

I tend not to fly MavAir around or close to people so it’s not a problem for me, I know it could be a deal breaker for some, but I can’t see big improvements coming in props for MavAir if it happens great.
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 18:00
Perceived to who, to the controller or people around him ? As the controller I don’t mind the sound, but even using my M2 everybody thinks it’s loud , no public citizens have ever said any of my drones are quiet, so the perception of the public is all drones are noisy and I don’t think this perception will change until we see electric drones.

Everybody knows MavAir is loud , what I’m saying is new props are not going to change it much, I hope if they are designed they will, but I suspect that MavAir 2 will have them and they might fit MavAir so very similar to P4Pro and P4Pro v2.

no one is arguing that drones are not loud.. however its frequency curve not sound pressure delta we are looking for xD..     i dont care if its still 94-96db @ <1meter what we want is props that sound dont like absolute death and that are more effecient.

lets ignore other people for a moment....i cannot fly my mavic air out to go animal spotting like i used to with my mavic pro, they all scatter specially the bobcats, foxes, coyotes and deer and smaller birds... some animals dont care as much..but most animals hate it and scatter before i even get a good look...    it could be hurting their ears or a percieved threat or just so noticable they dont want any part of it.   mavic pro was never an issue i could get within 50-75 feet of some animals without it being too much of a bother..even though on calibrated decible measurement scale, MP and MA are very similar in absolute DB (sound pressure) the MP has lower frequency and less obnoxious sound like 100 spinning blades of death or something unlike the mavic air.

back to people i cant quietly put my mavic air up and video something interesting with other people around.. something i could do with my mavic pro and more than half of everyone didn't even know was a drone until was in their sightline.. now with mavic air pretty much at take off 75% of eyes are on me..which kills the vibe...

2019-1-26
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

There is also the main controller data error (baromettic data error) in hot conditions. All of these can be fixed with a firmware update, we all need to start pestering dji till they do one last hotfix and bug fix. The dji go app needs a major overhaul. Maybe an independant developer could do their own stuff and sell or lease it to dji or maybe even put it up as free ware. There is also issues with battery life in sports mode. I still think if dji isnt going to do anything further with the mavic air then they need to unlock the firmware so we can at least tweak the drone a little bit, eg increase speed and descent and would really appreciate props with better pitch and maybe some extra camera functions as the auto functions leaves images looking very plain and not very colorful. Low light eg. Sunset and sunrise are terrible and next to impossible to get working. Lets start bugging their support team and not let off till we are satisfied with the product. If not they should be recalled.
2019-1-26
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

I really miss my spark to be honest, even though its not superior in regards to technology and features it was fun to fly, fast, and reliable.
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-26 18:31
There is also the main controller data error (baromettic data error) in hot conditions. All of these can be fixed with a firmware update, we all need to start pestering dji till they do one last hotfix and bug fix. The dji go app needs a major overhaul. Maybe an independant developer could do their own stuff and sell or lease it to dji or maybe even put it up as free ware. There is also issues with battery life in sports mode. I still think if dji isnt going to do anything further with the kavic air then they need to unlock the firmware sonwe can at least tweak the drone a little bit, eg increase speed and descent and would really appreciate props with better pitch and maybe some extra camera functions as the auto functions leaves images looking very plain and not very colorful. Low light eg. Sunset and sunrise are terrible and next to impossible to get working. Lets start bugging their support team and not let off till we are satisfied with the product. If not they should be recalled.

this is true i have also experienced main controller data errors a few times and even had  baro error, IMU exception, GPS redundancy failure, no live view then an IR system failure when my drone got really hot (it was a 105F day when and where i was flying).  and i even been able to reproduce this issue by wrapping my mavic air in a towel for 10 minutes though i didn't let it get too hot i only got it to Main controller error and baro error before unwrapping it...    and you are right they can fix this with software with optimizations of OS or a hybrid OS where if its too hot flips to a different mode that's reduced power like no extra functionality just basics till it cools off...or throttle things back..also warn users of increasing thermals and before too late if thermal managment cannot manage the thermal popup a prompt to land now or low power RTH..been a few mavic airs that have baked themselves to death...  

as for sport mode killing battery that's multi part problem, but better props with an optimized propulsion system can definitely fix this and limit severe drain.  sport mode with current props it has to spin those things so fast that it regularly nails max motor speed and its ripping apart battery life plus because has to peg itself to the max its also dumping power through the ESCs which generate more heat inside the drone as it drains power...... so lower noise more efficient props can definitely help with a lot of things here having to spin less to achieve the same lift and speeds.

2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-26 18:32
I really miss my spark to be honest, even though its not superior in regards to technology and features it was fun to fly, fast, and reliable.

i cannot agree with spark thing... haha.

i owned 2.

1st one was what could only be described as possessed.  half the time never listened to me or my inputs did its own thing, trying to fly away very often, crashed itself many times finally ate dirt one day exploring a tree on its own.. pressed pause button and it decided to turn towards a tree and just 6 inches form it started while facing it starts scaling up up till around 70 feet up or so hit a branch and feel face first into the dirt, killing the gimbal and probably something else.. it still flew but was other issues i feared it because it like ignoring me and was only a matter of time before decided to attack people.

2nd on i got was so much better! but it died gracefully at my feet after dropping connection in a approaching storm. i though it was forever gone.. 10 minutes in RTH mode with wind and rain and no connection... but it made it back when i was about to toss my junk in back of my car and leave.  sadly it was completely dead not even a fresh dry battery made it do anythng no lights or anything.. RIP..

after all that i moved to mavics...mavic pro specifically and talk about reliability..ya was some quarks and oddities with mine but reliable it was, survived everything, many miles of logged travel, rain, snow, ice, fog, dust, dirt, hot cold, extreme heat and extreme cold... and low maintenance from me i think only time it got washed off after first few months of owning it was if it rained and i was out flying after initial loving of a few months i dont think i ever even wiped off the drone.. was filthy all its life and never gave up on me and i feel like a savage (in a bad way) for selling it (i miss it)... suffered a few minor bumps and bangs... hell i even once used my mavic pro to terrorize a hornet's nest and it didn't miss a beat chewing up things..
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-26 19:07
i cannot agree with spark thing... haha.

i owned 2.

Do you think getting an original Mavic at just over the cost of the Air is worth the trouble or just let it be and hold out for the M2 price drop?

I'd like to get 3 batteries, so an M1 for <$1000 is a lot cheaper than the same for an M2.
2019-1-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-26 19:18
Do you think getting an original Mavic at just over the cost of the Air is worth the trouble or just let it be and hold out for the M2 price drop?

I'd like to get 3 batteries, so an M1 for

depends on the price..  i wouldn't pick up a mavic pro for $800 new unless $800 was fly more because MP is officially EOL and one you got your eyes on is a later model or a MPP or near MPP manurfacture date...early models full of issues and meh camera quality.

i do think Mavic pro is more reliable and robust than the mavic air but has its own quirks and issues...i heard later models have better cameras than originals and looks similar to mavic air..  
2019-1-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-26 19:18

I'd like to get 3 batteries, so an M1 for

Hold Out
Rather buy a MP2 with SRC, than buy MP with RC and buy CS.
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-26 22:57
Hold Out
Rather buy a MP2 with SRC, than buy MP with RC and buy CS.

Thanks.

And based on a number of factors I'm thinking I'd be more of an M2 Zoom kinda guy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with my MA.  All I ask is for it to not be glitchy.  I think that getting an M2Z in 6-8 months is what would work for me.  By then most of the bugs will be worked out and I'll be ready to move on to this very thread for that platform!
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-26 17:50
https://youtu.be/hNBLMqt-_Mg?t=178

skip to 2 minutes 58 seconds for direct comparison.

You know HFTB you speak almost like your an engineer , you post this video claiming that you have found a better prop system for your mavicAir, the answer is very simple for you, just copy what this guy done and bingo your prop problem is solved,
2019-1-27
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

Im surprised some chinese drone manufacturers havnt released carbon fiber and low noise and better pitched props on flea bay yet !
2019-1-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules