dji really leaving the mavic air out to die..
6377 91 2019-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

So many cool 3rd party accessories like led lights in mavic air props, sticker kits, led kits, landing gear kits u name it. But no high performance props yet.
2019-1-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 02:43
You know HFTB you speak almost like your an engineer , you post this video claiming that you have found a better prop system for your mavicAir, the answer is very simple for you, just copy what this guy done and bingo your prop problem is solved,
I I am not an engineer but I understand the logistics of what’s required.

I am plan on improving it and my 1:1 copy of this guy’s video resulted in a death spiral of my Mavic Air because I assume didn’t copy the cuts exactly and or something broke loose.  

I have the 3D printer files downloaded for the MavicAir/spark quick release adapter (one in the same) was actually publicaly available.  all I have to do is correct the size of the screw points after measuring the screw length of the anafi props and finding a way to mount them as I’m not sure I have a nut small enough may just have to use loctite or superglue and hope it doesn’t back out but atleast I have insurance and a spare Mavic Air I picked up for nothing online...so, no worries.   

Im just waiting on a part from China’s knock off backstreet dealers on eBay to get it back Up and running... hopefully they send the right part this time.
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-27 02:55
Im surprised some chinese drone manufacturers havnt released carbon fiber and low noise and better pitched props on flea bay yet !

Carbon fiber props are well known for causing transmission problems with MavAir, many threads on here, so would strongly advise against CF.

Yes it’s surprising that we have not seen companies design quieter props, I suspect there is a good reason for this , maybe it’s not possible or results are not sufficient to make any difference.
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Schmooit Posted at 1-26 00:47
Same here for me I bought the MA to put in my line up as a small travel drone to replace the spark as it has a much better gimbal and better camera, I have not had any issues with mine as far as signal goes but I also fly VLOS (as we all should be really). The only gripe I have are yes it would be much nicer to have a quiet set of props as it is noisey compared to the Mavic Pro Platinumm and the Mavic 2, the only other thing Id like as many others have said is the camera down function to be added to the list for the programmable buttons on the controller, other than that its pretty cool with the combo pack.

I do understand peoples concerns that it does seem as if DJI focus on every other product apart from the MA.

I think they use this forum as a source of how the product is doing, you also have to take into consideration that some of the issues are with users not being comfortable with using the tech, so other users here can help with this, so I’m certain it’s a case of separating the wheat from the shaft.

With regards to FW releases and improvements and development, I have an inkling that protecting their products is paramount particularly in view of djis technology being so far ahead of its rivals, I expect they always want to be the first with new tech and developments.
2019-1-27
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 07:06
I think they use this forum as a source of how the product is doing, you also have to take into consideration that some of the issues are with users not being comfortable with using the tech, so other users here can help with this, so I’m certain it’s a case of separating the wheat from the shaft.

With regards to FW releases and improvements and development, I have an inkling that protecting their products is paramount particularly in view of djis technology being so far ahead of its rivals, I expect they always want to be the first with new tech and developments.

Yeah I agree, it would just be nice to feel a little bit more involved as a community on some of the bug fixes or when they have blatantly left something out of the dev queue (maybe just to test the water on how the users take it) I think its a great liitle drone and yes I have a few gripes about it being a b it loud but hey I still have a P3P and struggle to find an issue with her!
The one thing I really wish it had is the camera down function and to me that's the only real gripe (mainly as its on all the others!)

I cant imagine it is EOL or in the near future I suspect when the competition catch up a bit they will issue a new FW update to include some extras that we didnt expect!

I guess sometimes we buy these items on spec alone and may never have seen them in the flesh and might have preconception of what they will be like and may be a bit disappointed when they arrive.

My Range Rover is a great car but would be even better if it did more than 15MPG and had a 0-60 time of say 4 seconds but I'm not sure such model exists yet, but this is the world of tech and advancements are made all the time some from learning from mistakes or other tech that appears and can be used. Iphones are great phones but compared to my old Nokia's the batteries are rubbish but each model Iphone has a better battery life each time.

I think the quiet props would be a great idea but im no engineer just a pilot but think the shape, pitch and length all play a part in its performance and tweeking this might help reduce the noise/pitch of the prop perhaps I think the biggest issue is the size of them as they are tiny!
My M2P I would say has pretty good mix at tick over shes pretty quiet and once up 100 ft or so not noticeable compaired to the Phantoms (some people think Im a loon cos they cant hear it or see!)

Maybe DJI could have suggestion box for bugs and requests and then create a use poll for them (hold on we did this in the UK a few years ago and now look where we are ha ha joke dont shoot me)

Each model has its place in the market and in the product line up so we cant expect a Mercedes A class to have the same tech and features as the S Class but is doenst mean the A Class is EOL

But i understand the OP's frustrations
2019-1-28
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-24 14:07
Thank you for a prompt and substantial answer. I look to the Mavic 2 Pro direction, but its price seems a bit costly now. The thing that I don’t really like in Mavic Air is an absence of Occusync.

2 words, Autel EVO
2019-2-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

mixchief Posted at 2-6 10:47
2 words, Autel EVO

It's like you are buying a Meizu when there is an iPhone.
2019-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-6 11:05

I beg to differ
2019-2-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-6 11:05

2 more words DJI Forum (only joking)

I'd say maybe LADA vs Mercedes, DJI are pricey granted and the CS is poor (bit like Mercedes) but I know which one Id prefer!
That said the Autel is pretty cool just not cheap enough to sway me
2019-2-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 1-28 12:09
Yeah I agree, it would just be nice to feel a little bit more involved as a community on some of the bug fixes or when they have blatantly left something out of the dev queue (maybe just to test the water on how the users take it) I think its a great liitle drone and yes I have a few gripes about it being a b it loud but hey I still have a P3P and struggle to find an issue with her!
The one thing I really wish it had is the camera down function and to me that's the only real gripe (mainly as its on all the others!)

the issue is deeper, you mentioned mercedes and land rover. sure those are nice vehicals but limited in capabilities on a deeper level..   

but dji drones are more like teslas, where they can improve handling by tuning steering and suspension, improve launch times and top speeds adding ludacris mode and slip start, added velet mode where limits acceleration and speed, real time GPS tracking to tesla app, then ontop of that added trunk and glove box lock outs later where cant open either in valet mode... and so on.. same with autopilot, didn't need to get another tesla to run autopilot, unless you didn't equip your car with the 360 degree sensing systems..just a simple update.  they added alot of functionality in a firmware updates.  hell they even added feature where if your tesla is stolen you can disable it in app where it will safely pull itself over onto shoulder of road and have it lock itself so people cant easily get out and flash the lights and upload location to police so can be easily recovered.  all these functions got added later on and so much more, added terrain control systems and everything..

im not asking DJI to reinvent the Mavic air, im just asking for DJI to consider fixing broken things, optimizing things a bit more and that SDK for mavic air is hugely capable, and functionally DJi offers in their own app is fairly limited..  apps like litchi proves this because they use the SDK and mavic air suddenly capable of so much more..  i just rather have an all in one solution

as for the props, it can be done as people have done with anafi prop mods before.. maybe not as quiet as mavic pro plat is perceived to be, but less high pitched screaming blade of death at-lease so more tolerable to fly.

2019-2-6
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-6 16:21
the issue is deeper, you mentioned mercedes and land rover. sure those are nice vehicals but limited in capabilities on a deeper level..   

but dji drones are more like teslas, where they can improve handling by tuning steering and suspension, improve launch times and top speeds adding ludacris mode and slip start, added velet mode where limits acceleration and speed, real time GPS tracking to tesla app, then ontop of that added trunk and glove box lock outs later where cant open either in valet mode... and so on.. same with autopilot, didn't need to get another tesla to run autopilot, unless you didn't equip your car with the 360 degree sensing systems..just a simple update.  they added alot of functionality in a firmware updates.  hell they even added feature where if your tesla is stolen you can disable it in app where it will safely pull itself over onto shoulder of road and have it lock itself so people cant easily get out and flash the lights and upload location to police so can be easily recovered.  all these functions got added later on and so much more, added terrain control systems and everything..

I too agree that the noise could be optimized, at times i have considered noise protection because of how loud this thing can get.
2019-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-25 21:47
Fair question.

Yes, I will admit right off the bat that I have arrived at my opinions from the litany of things I've watched and read throughout the various rabbit holes online.  And yes, there is a lot of filtering one must do.

Well they haven’t completely ignored MavAir as some were saying, however update is a little inconspicuous, maybe an app update might throw some light here .
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules