lvl.2
United States

Mavic Pro firmware update
2019-1-21
Use props
Quinin
lvl.2
United States

How can DJI control airspace in the USA from the other side of the world to where my drone won't even start up?
2019-1-21
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-21 21:51
This is why you do NOT update!  The only thing "new" are more restrictions.  Google "No Limit Dronez" & unleash your aircraft to fly like the bird you purchased.

Does it work with the MP2 yet? So far, not a huge problem in South Africa. Holding thumbs, hard.
2019-1-21
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

What version is the latest firmware for mavic pro ?
2019-1-22
Use props
Quinin
lvl.2
United States

ajrulez Posted at 1-22 10:28
What version is the latest firmware for mavic pro ?

I didn't pay any  attention to it when I down loaded it.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Quinin Posted at 1-22 13:04
I didn't pay any  attention to it when I down loaded it.

Hi there, we're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue? So we can check this on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2019-1-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Quinin Posted at 1-21 19:41
How can DJI control airspace in the USA from the other side of the world to where my drone won't even start up?

DJI is not actively (remotely) controlling your drone from other side (or anywhere) of the world.

Drone is checking it's position against stored NFZ information.
2019-1-22
Use props
Quinin
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-22 15:40
DJI is not actively (remotely) controlling your drone from other side (or anywhere) of the world.

DJI is doing it through their firmware updates, the NFZ information is input by DJI through their firmware update. When I can't even start up because I'm  mile from the airport or what ever eagles is out there is stupid. It is the responsibility of the operator not DJI to decide when it isn't safe to fly, FAA already gives the operator that information.
2019-1-22
Use props
Quinin
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-22 15:40

DJI is doing it through their firmware updates, the NFZ information is input by DJI through their firmware update. When I can't even start up because I'm  mile from the airport or what ever eagles is out there is stupid. It is the responsibility of the operator not DJI to decide when it isn't safe to fly, FAA already gives the operator that information.
2019-1-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-21 21:51
This is why you do NOT update!  The only thing "new" are more restrictions.  Google "No Limit Dronez" & unleash your aircraft to fly like the bird you purchased.

I would, but we only have apple computer which really sucks cause I want to unleash my Mavic Air.
2019-1-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

NLD + FW V01.03.0700 = BEST BIRD YOU WILL EVER FLY
2019-1-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-22 18:45
I would, but we only have apple computer which really sucks cause I want to unleash my Mavic Air.

You could setup and run BootCamp.  Which lets you run Windows 10 on Macs.  
2019-1-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-24 10:24
You could setup and run BootCamp.  Which lets you run Windows 10 on Macs.

I'll try that!  thanks
2019-1-24
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-22 14:27
Hi there, we're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue? So we can check this on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Could DJI reverse the firmware update and give the pilot the responsibility of flying safe? FAA already has the B4U FLY APP. Before the last update I took to responsibility for fly my drone and that's the way it should be everywhere you fly.
2019-1-26
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 1-26 07:00
Could DJI reverse the firmware update and give the pilot the responsibility of flying safe? FAA already has the B4U FLY APP. Before the last update I took to responsibility for fly my drone and that's the way it should be everywhere you fly.

Nope. Have to buy NLD and force it if you want what you paid for. sorry.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob1102 Posted at 1-26 07:00

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, I will forward this feedback to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2019-1-26
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-26 10:49
Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, I will forward this feedback to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you Natalia, I shouldn't have to pay NLD  for a firmware fix when DJI can do it. It's the pilots responsibility for flying safe so it shouldn't be left up to anyone else but the pilot.
2019-1-26
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 1-26 14:40
Thank you Natalia, I shouldn't have to pay NLD  for a firmware fix when DJI can do it. It's the pilots responsibility for flying safe so it shouldn't be left up to anyone else but the pilot.

Sorry didn't know I hit it three times.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob1102 Posted at 1-26 14:40

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend to use unauthorized app or software to your drone to avoid any issue. Thank you.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob1102 Posted at 1-26 14:44
Sorry didn't know I hit it three times.

That's fine. I just deleted the duplicate post. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2019-1-26
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-26 15:43
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend to use unauthorized app or software to your drone to avoid any issue. Thank you.

I don't want to use unapproved firmware to fix my issue but I don't want a $1000 Mavic Pro sitting on my  shelf as a art  peace because of the NFZ shut down that I didn't have a few weeks ago until I downloaded the latest update.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob1102 Posted at 1-27 08:01
I don't want to use unapproved firmware to fix my issue but I don't want a $1000 Mavic Pro sitting on my  shelf as a art  peace because of the NFZ shut down that I didn't have a few weeks ago until I downloaded the latest update.

Hi, I understand where you coming from. We will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-27
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-27 08:58
Hi, I understand where you coming from. We will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anything from R&D department?
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bob1102 Posted at 2-2 09:08

Hi. As of the moment, we haven't receive any update with regards to your concern. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-2-2
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-2 10:28
Hi. As of the moment, we haven't receive any update with regards to your concern. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding.

It's  been over 13 days since you sent this to R&D and still no response?? I really don't understand this at all. My drone is still setting   Idol  like a picture hanging on the wall. The responsibility of flying the drone safely needs to be turned back over to the person that pays $$$$ for them!!! You don't recommend using  unauthorized  firmware updates but I'm getting real close to doing it.
2019-2-8
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-8
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-2 09:08

I logged in to LOL at this. NLD is the only way to get what you want. DJI is NOT going to help you.   Your request is on the border of idiotic. TRUST ME! I fought with them for 6 mos.. guess what didn't happen? and guess who runs NLD now? (works perfectly! btw; it is not "special firmware" it simply allows you to adjust firmware settings and remove the NFZ poo. via an app) ~ If you still snub NLD then I wish you good Luck; enjoy your NFZ BRICK or maybe you will just have to travel down the road to fly it.
2019-2-10
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-10
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2-10 07:59
I logged in to LOL at this. NLD is the only way to get what you want. DJI is NOT going to help you.   Your request is on the border of idiotic. TRUST ME! I fought with them for 6 mos.. guess what didn't happen? and guess who runs NLD now? (works perfectly! btw; it is not "special firmware" it simply allows you to adjust firmware settings and remove the NFZ poo. via an app) ~ If you still snub NLD then I wish you good Luck; enjoy your NFZ BRICK or maybe you will just have to travel down the road to fly it.

I'm not going to fight with them for 6 months, if I don't get the correct response from DJI I will go to NLD and pass the word around about the no response  attitude DJI has. It seems all they want to do is sell and not support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-10 14:02
I'm not going to fight with them for 6 months, if I don't get the correct response from DJI I will go to NLD and pass the word around about the no response  attitude DJI has. It seems all they want to do is sell and not support.

The issue is they engineered a monster and now it’s too big to control. I was about to sell my Mavic when I found out about NLD... took the risk and glad I did. I now have exactly what I thought I was buying; a drone that lets me make the adult choice to fly and never tells me no. If I wanted to throw $1k at something that tells me no... I would have thrown it at my wife. LOL
2019-2-10
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

And this is why when I decided to purchase another drone I bought the Yuneec H520.  I'm not updating my MP again. I'm a Part 107 operator, and I know damn well where I can and cannot fly.
2019-2-12
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-2 10:28
Hi. As of the moment, we haven't receive any update with regards to your concern. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding.

Looks like a lot of people are mad about the firmware updates they downloaded and now can't do what they use to be able to do with their drone. Ether DJI fixes this soon or they will be loosing a lot of sells when the word gets out about DJI's control over the drones they sell.
2019-2-14
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-14 20:22
Looks like a lot of people are mad about the firmware updates they downloaded and now can't do what they use to be able to do with their drone. Ether DJI fixes this soon or they will be loosing a lot of sells when the word gets out about DJI's control over the drones they sell.

To be honest.. that is not the case. DJI still has the best product on the market, you just have to add NLD and stir to get what you want. Sucks to have to pay an additional fee to get rid of the DJI oversight but at least it is available and works very well after the NLD database extraction/disable. DJI put it there in the first place for FAA/political leverage as well as to try and protect the consumer, unfortunately as with anything political they over-reached into personal choice and property. (They should have created an option in the software to turn it off or at the very least ASKED ME before applying restirictions to MY personal property!)

My advice is to get NLD and be sure to study up on NFZ zones/drone ordinances/laws in your area and make absolutely sure you do not fly in restricted airspace or launch from a "no drone zone". I have said this before and I will keep saying it.. "NLD removes the restictions not the consequences." If your drone causes personal injury YOU are liable for damages. You down an aircraft because you chose to fly in a resticted zone and kill people; you go to prison. Not DJI or NLD. Sometimes it is better to leave the restrictions because.. simply put... people are stupid. Don't be that guy/girl!

Good luck and always fly safe/responsibly!
Also a good idea to check here (USA only) before you fly... https://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html
You can get notices in your email to if you sign up for them. (I do)

2019-2-15
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

Well it's been a month since I first  communicated  with a   Administrator  on the NFZ issue and she said she would send my concerns to the R&D department. I'm tired of waiting for a response and the one I was talking I guess has blocked me
2019-2-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Croatia

Quinin Posted at 1-22 16:09

Just face the fact that DJI won't change their policy and software just because you don't like it. You should have researched through this forum before purchase.
Your best option is as Dirty Bird suggested. NLD is the pain free solution. I use it and have flown without any issues now for months. Like you, I live near an airport which has specific laws. DJI imposed a different restriction, so I decided to try NLD. Although the software opens up many areas that you can change on a drone, I just needed to disable the NFZ.
You probably realise that a disused landing strip will be the place a malfunctioning aeroplane will head for if it has to land .immediately. If you are flying in this area at that moment, you will become a serious hazard. Think about it!  It is quite possible you can avoid the stricken plane, but what if you can't? Are you prepared to accept those consequences?
I don't want to hear your answer, bye the way.
2019-2-21
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Bob Brown Posted at 1-23 13:17
NLD + FW V01.03.0700 = BEST BIRD YOU WILL EVER FLY

If you want all(panorama's,Optimized Intelligent Flight Battery, goggles ), except height use NLD+ 1.04.0100/0.200/0.300
2019-2-21
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Bob1102 Posted at 2-14 20:22

I would look at it from a different point of view and predict that all drone manufscturers probably soon will have to implement similar systems in order to even be able to sell their products in many countries.
2019-2-22
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 2-15 04:08
To be honest.. that is not the case. DJI still has the best product on the market, you just have to add NLD and stir to get what you want. Sucks to have to pay an additional fee to get rid of the DJI oversight but at least it is available and works very well after the NLD database extraction/disable. DJI put it there in the first place for FAA/political leverage as well as to try and protect the consumer, unfortunately as with anything political they over-reached into personal choice and property. (They should have created an option in the software to turn it off or at the very least ASKED ME before applying restirictions to MY personal property!)

My advice is to get NLD and be sure to study up on NFZ zones/drone ordinances/laws in your area and make absolutely sure you do not fly in restricted airspace or launch from a "no drone zone". I have said this before and I will keep saying it.. "NLD removes the restictions not the consequences." If your drone causes personal injury YOU are liable for damages. You down an aircraft because you chose to fly in a resticted zone and kill people; you go to prison. Not DJI or NLD. Sometimes it is better to leave the restrictions because.. simply put... people are stupid. Don't be that guy/girl!

Good advise
2019-2-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-21 23:49
If you want all(panorama's,Optimized Intelligent Flight Battery, goggles ), except height use NLD+ 1.04.0100/0.200/0.300

I only use the older version because of what it does not have. (NFZ Database capabilities)
I know I can remove/delete it but I just do not want any part of the feature on my bird and do not need the other unreliable features. Intelligent flight can make the pic lazy... I go all manual. To each their own.
2019-2-23
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2-10 18:11
The issue is they engineered a monster and now it’s too big to control. I was about to sell my Mavic when I found out about NLD... took the risk and glad I did. I now have exactly what I thought I was buying; a drone that lets me make the adult choice to fly and never tells me no. If I wanted to throw $1k at something that tells me no... I would have thrown it at my wife. LOL

I purchased NLD and will probably use it tomorrow, question I have does it take you through step by step
On how to do it? Is there anything I have to do to RC and how about the DJI go 4 app, is it still useable? Sorry for all the questions. I  appreciate any advice you can pass down.
2019-3-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules