battery
930 11 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

the Osmo Pocket? a nice toy with many limitations including the battery. A consideration on the limitation of the OP battery, an hour or so. if I go out for a whole day to shoot, how can I recharge the OP when it is attached to the iPhone? in my opinion it is very limited in autonomy. how do you do? what is your experience?
2019-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

You can use a power bank while using the Pocket.
2019-1-22
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

but if I connect the usb-c port to the iphone, how can I attack the power bank?
2019-1-22
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Wait for a splitter that works
2019-1-22
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Yanncd French yellow vest Posted at 1-22 00:38
Wait for a splitter that works

ok. thank you. on the lightning side or on the usb-c side?
2019-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Power pack connected to USB C, Although you say it’s limited and won’t work all day this is true, but if you need something to work all day this was not the best choice, I think the fact it works continually for 1 hour 40 is a great plus for this Camera, so many other cameras battery lasts 30 minutes before you need to change them and this can also be a pain , also the fact you can hook up to a battery pack is a plus and can give you up to two extra hours footage.
2019-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

egargiulo Posted at 1-22 00:33
but if I connect the usb-c port to the iphone, how can I attack the power bank?

There are also lightening to lightening extensions.
2019-1-22
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Curt1591 Posted at 1-22 03:49
There are also lightening to lightening extensions.

Which is? what does it mean?
2019-1-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There are cables with ligthening female on one end, and lughtening males on the other. You can use the USB to USB-C to connect the power bank and the lughtening to lightening to voonect from the adaptor to you phone
2019-1-22
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. Our Osmo Pocket can be charged while it's being used, however, it is recommended to use Osmo Pocket when it is fully charged. If you use Osmo Pocket during charging, the battery will generate heat, which shortens the battery life. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 09:34
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. Our Osmo Pocket can be charged while it's being used, however, it is recommended to use Osmo Pocket when it is fully charged. If you use Osmo Pocket during charging, the battery will generate heat, which shortens the battery life. Thank you for understanding.

So what you're saying in other words is that the use of a battery pack for all day recording will shorten the battery of the Osmo Pocket?  In order to use the camera only when the camera is fully charged, is somewhat limiting me or preventing me from capturing a great moment.  This is why DJI, you must add removable batteries or have a battery exchange program for all osmo pocket users regardless where we purchased our camera.  You see, I have a valid reason to say this.  This weekend I used the camera at an event and the battery didn't last for more than an hour filming some short 15-20 second clips in 4k and 1080 60 .  So I must set it down and wait for it to charge?  No, I used a battery pack to get through the night.  Please DJI, make sure you include a removable battery next time.  Don't get me wrong, the osmo pocket is a great little camera but is totally useless when the battery dies and I don't have a way to swap for another one.   
2019-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules