Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronerdk9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21007 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi

As the titles says, can you have two focus motors on a single camera setup so as to control both focus and zoom for instance?

2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your interest. Currently, multiple DJI Focus Motors cannot be used together with Ronin-S. We do appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-1-22
Use props
Sixto6
New

United States

Any update on this? I just got my first focus motor in, connected it, calibrated it (which is a pain to have to do EVERYTIME), and it works great on my lens's focus ring. However, I also just bought a second focus motor for the zoom... and... on first observation, it seems that the focus wheel controls both focus motors at the same time... which is not ideal. However, by putting one of the motors in either Iris or Zoom modes and leaving the other one in focus mode, I was able to get the focus wheel to operate only one motor at a time. And then, if I wanted to switch which motor it operates, I turn the motor currently in Focus mode to one of the other two modes, and put the desired one back to focus mode.

Like I said, this only seems to be a workaround and it just seems like there could be a better way. Probably with a simple firmware update. Can we get that? Maybe by pressing the button on the Focus Wheel, it can switch between the two motors? That would be awesome.
2022-3-25
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks like this will never happen
Which is a real pity because the alternative is to get the new SmallRig Follow Focus Handgrip kit which costs more and will be heavier on the gimbal
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules