Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Returning my ronin s and back to the ronin M
1023 2 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone. Wanted to share my feedback regarding the ronin s. A few years ago I started using an slr with the ronin M and at the time my dslr shot 4k and I was very happy with the ronin steadiness. Then the osmo pro 4k series came out which was equally as amazing and smooth as butter never needing any stabilization and weighed nothing, but the camera had it's limitations shooting only 60mbps bitrate and quite noisy at night or in low light shooting plus the horizon would frequently fly off level with any fast motion. Then came out the ronin s so I thought this would be the one ring to rule them all, but it's far from it. After using it extensively over the past 2 months it's no where near the stability and smoothness of both the ronin m and osmo pro series gimbals. This is my 2nd ronin s and it's the gimbal and not me! Auto tune is no where near where it should be. All axis are very limpy and you have to increase your motor stiff and power to solve the wobble but them you get twitches which are just as bad. Autotune should set the motors to max stiffness and power and not min stiffness and power which it's currently doing. I purchased extension handles which help a little but now your back to almost the setup and weight of the ronin M. Also I think part of the problem is from the motor magnets which push pull when balancing when the unit is off causing the 3 excellent readings not to be true. Also the camera nodal points are not near the center of the motors of the gimbal which is a design flaw but hey, everyone wants small to vlog with so this is the best that could be invented. Also holding the gimbal right under the pan axis will loose stability so you have to hold real tight but it's still not perfect. Now I've also played with the crane 2 for a few weeks and dont get your hopes up, it's even worse, much worse. I'm noticing with the crane 3 lab zhiyun may have understood the problem with holding a gimbal directly under the pan axis so the main hold to that gimbal is the control handle However it's not available yet and I have no way to test for myself. I'm also reading countless others experiencing the same issues and have yet to find any vlogger/videographer showing stable footage in real time on youtube weather with a bmpcc, canon 1dx or gh5.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S and thanks for your feedback, your review will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, we will keep improving our product to make you have a better experience in the future.
2019-1-23
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

OMG i'm so happy. back with the ronin m. properly balanced and not a single wobble or twitch, just perfectly smooth performance. it's a bit heavier but worth the pain.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules