Z-axis accessory?
2721 25 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

I've been trying to practice on my "ninja walk" to make that z-axis movement as smooth as possible. Of course I need to practice more and I guess it won't be possible to get rid of that movement completely. Any chance that there will be a Z-axis accessory for the OP in the future? DJI, what do you say?
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really admire you for being interest with the DJI Product. With regards to that, we don't have any information yet if there will be a Z-axis for the Osmo Pocket, though this would be a great set up. Just keep in touch on our website for the further update. Thank you for your support!
2019-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Z works pretty well for Osmo so yes would be nice if we could see one, I would imagine we might see a third party one on the market soon.
2019-1-22
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 12:04
Hi there, we really admire you for being interest with the DJI Product. With regards to that, we don't have any information yet if there will be a Z-axis for the Osmo Pocket, though this would be a great set up. Just keep in touch on our website for the further update. Thank you for your support!

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes I think it would be a great set up as well. I like the fact the Osmo Pocket can be used as it is and with various accessories to make it perform better/be used in different ways. It kind of makes it a pretty modular device. Still have a lot to learn about how to use it though to get the best out of it (my first gimbal ever).
2019-1-22
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 1-22 12:04
The Z works pretty well for Osmo so yes would be nice if we could see one, I would imagine we might see a third party one on the market soon.

I read a few, mostly positive, reviews on the Osmo Z-axis when I was about to order the Osmo X3 (never did order it though). Seems like a good accessory.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CasualDronePilot Posted at 1-22 12:13
Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes I think it would be a great set up as well. I like the fact the Osmo Pocket can be used as it is and with various accessories to make it perform better/be used in different ways. It kind of makes it a pretty modular device. Still have a lot to learn about how to use it though to get the best out of it (my first gimbal ever).

I agree that the Osmo Pocket can be used in various accessories. Just keep in touch on our website as far as I want to provide information, Unfortunately, we don't have any info yet from our dev and engineers if there will be a Z-axis for the Osmo Pocket. There's a saying that Innovation is not sleeping but they keep growing. Cheers and best regards!
2019-1-22
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I ordered one of these.
2019-1-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mr Sepo Posted at 1-22 21:54
I ordered one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPw_em66Hw

The problem is, that one is no longer in production. Discontinued on their website.
2019-1-23
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I hope DJI can make a new pocket sized one ;)
2019-1-23
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kinda not really ‘pocket’ anymore.

I do see this as being a good idea- surely the OP isn’t really heavy enough to be able to be used on a z arm.

If you’re adding this much kit to the OP you’re better off with the regular Osmo which has less movement on the z axis even without ban accessory.

The beauty is the size. I think this is the point people seem to be missing.

Adding more and more pushes the size bigger and the cost higher. You could get a Sony RX100 model and a regular small gimbal for less than kitting out the OP with a bunch of stuff. The footprint will be the same if not smaller and the video quality a tonne better.

2019-1-23
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I ordered one of these.

Thx for the Video ... Just ordered one from eBAY ... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/253969555797 from HK

Because the OP so light it might need some extra wieght ... will try it out when It arrives

cheers
2019-1-23
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

Satureyes Posted at 1-23 04:28

I do see this as being a good idea- surely the OP isn’t really heavy enough to be able to be used on a z arm.

It will have its moments of need.  I am not a professional and the OP fulfills my needs.  It is small when I want it to be, and yes it will make the footprint larger, but only larger at times I actually care to use it.  It does not mean I would use it full time.  Id rather have it and not use it, then not have it and need it.  At the end of the day it works and is not very costly.
2019-1-23
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

I ordered one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPw_em66Hw

Interesting! Just a bit bulky for the OP.
2019-1-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

hedac Posted at 1-23 01:16
I hope DJI can make a new pocket sized one ;)

I absolutely agree with you there. Smaller version for the smaller Osmo!
2019-1-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Satureyes Posted at 1-23 04:28

I do see this as being a good idea- surely the OP isn’t really heavy enough to be able to be used on a z arm.

Well, I kind of agree with you. Of course it won't be Pocket sized with too many accessories. But for me at least, it's about options. You can use it as a stand alone device which I do most of the time at the moment (mostly experimenting and getting to know the OP for now). But you also have to possibility to use what ever accessory you want/need when you want to get different footage. I pretty much see it as a modular device in a way.
2019-1-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-23 20:28
ALSO.. at local home improvement stores they have drawers with all kinds of nuts, bolts, etc.. and one of the sections is all springs.. with the the exact same "keyring" ends like the one on that gimbal. I'm betting you can easily find a spring with a better balance than adding weight!

People tend to come up with various creative solutions. Always interesting and fun to see DIY projects.
2019-1-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

Mr Sepo Posted at 1-23 21:43
It will have its moments of need.  I am not a professional and the OP fulfills my needs.  It is small when I want it to be, and yes it will make the footprint larger, but only larger at times I actually care to use it.  It does not mean I would use it full time.  Id rather have it and not use it, then not have it and need it.  At the end of the day it works and is not very costly.

Just how I see it. It's about the possibilities and options.
2019-1-24
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

I ordered one of these.

Great report!
if you place the mobile phone next to the osmo pocket in the gimbal, it may dampen the set more
here they also sell it:
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Ouhaobin-Smartphone-Gimbal-Stabilizer-4th-Axis-Stabilizer-for-3-axis-Phone-Gimbal-OSMO-Mobile-2-Estabilizador/1848439_32966195501.html?spm=a219c.search0204.3.2.31d92e98DP64xW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10065_10068_10547_319_10891_317_10548_10696_453_10084_454_10083_433_10618_431_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_56,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=5a0f36ac-079b-4f74-b8c2-0e22fcc19f1a-0&algo_pvid=5a0f36ac-079b-4f74-b8c2-0e22fcc19f1a&transAbTest=ae803_4
2019-1-24
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-23 20:22
Is it able to be bought currently or not? Someone says they ordered one and you say its not in production

I ordered one from Ebay and its in the post now from HK They might just be copies or old stock don't know.

I have a Original Osmo Mobile so if it works for both I'am happy it will be handy for certain situations

2019-1-24
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-23 20:28
ALSO.. at local home improvement stores they have drawers with all kinds of nuts, bolts, etc.. and one of the sections is all springs.. with the the exact same "keyring" ends like the one on that gimbal. I'm betting you can easily find a spring with a better balance than adding weight!

This is true .. if I can find suitable springs with right length and tension I need.

When it arrives I will try it out first and see how it handles the OP and post a video
2019-1-24
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

CasualDronePilot Posted at 1-24 09:34
Well, I kind of agree with you. Of course it won't be Pocket sized with too many accessories. But for me at least, it's about options. You can use it as a stand alone device which I do most of the time at the moment (mostly experimenting and getting to know the OP for now). But you also have to possibility to use what ever accessory you want/need when you want to get different footage. I pretty much see it as a modular device in a way.

It is all about having options for different situations ..  yes the OP can be used  as a standalone device, but the reality is the accessories allow you to use it in more creative ways.

I have a range of  DJI products and they all need accessories to get the best results...what to do
2019-1-24
Use props
onlytwo
lvl.2

France

This is my DIY  'Z-Axis' accessoiry SMALL SIZE for walking,  running et ...rolling

2019-1-26
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

onlytwo Posted at 1-26 03:29
This is my DIY  'Z-Axis' accessoiry SMALL SIZE for walking,  running et ...rolling
[view_image]
[view_image]

Now thats a setup ... got any video to share
2019-1-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

[view_image]
[view_image]

Really nicely made. Excellent uprights. Did you make them or repurpose something? I too would like to see some footage of how well it behaves. The whole setup is neat and tidy.
2019-1-26
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Sweden

[view_image]
[view_image]

Really cool rig! Very creative! Would love to see some footage shot with it!
2019-1-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-23 20:22
Is it able to be bought currently or not? Someone says they ordered one and you say its not in production

Start RC has stopped production of that version. On their own website, it is listed as discontinued but has been superseded by this version.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/STARTRC ... tible/dp/B07FNJCDBK
Older versions still seem to be around as old stock but for how much longer?

2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules