usb A port
4746 6 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JΞT CΛDWΛLLΛ
New

New Zealand

what is the use of the USB A port on the back on the smart controller?
2019-1-22
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The USB-A connector can be used for a 4G dongle, it can also be used for USB SD card readers, it won’t recognise USB  SSD but I suspect this is more to do with the size limitation of 128gb max card size. Which is handy if you have increased the internal storage with a card in the slot on the controller.
You can also connect your smart phone and share its picture library with the explorer on the controller.

A connected smart device will charge from the SRC.

The Go4 App on your smart phone won't connect to the controller, so you cant use your smart phone as a backup to the SRC display.
Edit .. You can use an SSD if its the right format! MSDOS - FAT32 - not formatted on a Mac, it doesnt seem to like that.

2019-1-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum mate!
2019-1-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Buzzyone Posted at 1-22 23:25
The USB-A connector can be used for a 4G dongle, it can also be used for USB SD card readers, it won’t recognise USB  SSD but I suspect this is more to do with the size limitation of 128gb max card size. Which is handy if you have increased the internal storage with a card in the slot on the controller.
You can also connect your smart phone and share its picture library with the explorer on the controller.

Very informative answer. TY!
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can use it for pulling info from SRC , if you for instance have a multiple card types you can use a usb hub to download to different card sizes, you can also hook up a 4g adapter if you need internet.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The USB-A port uses to external devices, however, we would like to have a friendly reminder that DJI does not ensure that the DJI Smart Controller is compatible with 4G dongles and using a 4G dongle with the DJI Smart Controller is not recommended. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_SyQydSxxNBiI
New

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2019-1-22 23:25
The USB-A connector can be used for a 4G dongle, it can also be used for USB SD card readers, it won’t recognise USB  SSD but I suspect this is more to do with the size limitation of 128gb max card size. Which is handy if you have increased the internal storage with a card in the slot on the controller.
You can also connect your smart phone and share its picture library with the explorer on the controller.

I can connect my 1 terabyte ssd dongle to the USB A port only downside is speed because USB A is slow.  
USB C port is only for charging Smart Controller.

I suggest formatting ssd's or any external drive for this use with exfat file system.
Fat 32 has a 4 gig maximum on file size and is older technology. Any 4k 60 fps or any quality video will exceed this.
NTFS file format is not recognized and is only usable via windows operating system.
Ex fat file format is accepted by Mac windows Linux android, very universal without file size limits.

If you use a ssd / thumb drive after each flight to back up the slow speed isn't that bad.  However when moving a ton of data the best way is to invest in a card reader to USB C gen 2 preferably plugged into a laptop supporting like speeds of USB C.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules