1788 19 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s been a year to the day since MavAir was released, for me it is dji’s best travel drone,with a great camera great sensor system it was the first drone with Apas which I still wonder about when I see it climb up over the wall, of all dji drones it’s probably the one with the most features.

Yes it’s loud when it’s close to you and it’s battery life is short, I find simply because battery time is short it helps concentrate on what you need to get the job done, it’s blessed with a great little case , as far as style goes this for me is best looking drone out there , it’s form factor is just perfect , I had a great year with mine , many videos/photos, I won’t sell it because it s now the orignal MavAir.

How did you enjoy your Mavic Air, did you travel with it what did you like about it, what did you dislike about it, feel free to comment.
2019-1-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a great travel drone, the only thing I wish it could be that it would have is an ocusync instead of wifi connection.
2019-1-23
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Hi, very good question. Despite of some problem I like it. What I really dislike its prop noise. I was sent to the hell in certain situations (so mostly I use it far from the people, they are sometimes intolerant), or got some critical notes (angry bees).  I could find the solution to the yaw problem (suggestions from the Forum and DJI Administrators). Sincerely, I love Mavic Air. I like the photos and videos made by MA. I always take with me - very easy to transport -to seize the moment from above. I am hobbyist, so I speak  on behalf of mine. Really I didn't regret. OK, MA 2 is another story. It is obviously better in almost every parameter and function and I wish I would have one, but MA suits my demand. We all have to know its restrictions, what possibilities we have, what can we expect from this wonder-boy. I have never had crash, red thru the OM, considered the suggestions, had my own experience. I think I learned the lesson, I know how to use and for what to use.I am happy with it (bought in last March)  and a very happy birthday MA.
2019-1-23
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

I bought mine this Winter Sale and am just annoyed the weather has not allowed me to fly it more often.
2019-1-23
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Lucas775 Posted at 1-23 04:25
It is a great travel drone, the only thing I wish it could be that it would have is an ocusync instead of wifi connection.

That would be great.
2019-1-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other then the gimbal being a pain in certain extreme situations, the frequent compass calibrations, and the often mentioned prop noise it’s my favorite drone for most situations.  I find the camera to be the be the least finicky of the DJI’s I own.  Happy Birthday indeed.  
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. We do appreciate your positive feedback with our DJI Mavic Air. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide a better experience with our customers. Happy Birthday to your Mavic Air! Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have to agree, Hallmark - a great little drone. I've had mine since release and find that I'm now using it more than my P4P. It's the flexibility of the form factor which I'm finding too convenient to ignore.
Apart from not having ocusync - which nothing can be done about - my only wish is that DJI release low-noise props for it - which something CAN be done about. That would be the cherry on the cake!
2019-1-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As long as DJI keeps the backdoor open for the FCC Hack, I would say the Air is a pretty good package. Well,,,,,still wouldn't mind if it's slightly quieter
2019-1-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Air is a solid package with tons of potential that Dji hasn't even unlocked full possibilities yet.. its my favorite travel drone for its size and capabilities many of which i feel like dji hasn't really even revealed..  here is to hoping that DJI will actually continue to update and innovate on the mavic air not just leave it out to die a silent death while we suffer from the typical issues.

3 biggest priorities for year 2 of mavic air i think DJI needs to jump on please DJI listen:

1. Wifi.  i think most of us are fine with the range we can get, but more upset with signal quality.  simple systems like dual channel/dual band mode where 2 connection that it can connect to at same time dropping one as needed or switching between the two as needed.  also Channel Hopping as an option where before take off the aircraft and the remote determine their channels they will hop through as needed for seamless switching.  i also propose a better interference graph/chart and remote vs aircraft signal indication for easier diagnosing of signal issues.

2. quiet props and also more thus efficient props..  the current props its got are not very efficient that's why they have to spin such speeds to overcome this reduced lift.  a quiet prop with more bite can reduce noise by reducing the RPM.  the advantages go beyond this.   this can improve battery life by a couple minutes as well as reduce voltage sag since doesn't have to work nearly as hard and improve aircraft stability and thus less smashing into the ends of the gimbal causing those issues..

3. continued software improvements such as more toggles and options in the app.
2019-1-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-23 15:19
Mavic Air is a solid package with tons of potential that Dji hasn't even unlocked full possibilities yet.. its my favorite travel drone for its size and capabilities many of which i feel like dji hasn't really even revealed..  here is to hoping that DJI will actually continue to update and innovate on the mavic air not just leave it out to die a silent death while we suffer from the typical issues.

3 biggest priorities for year 2 of mavic air i think DJI needs to jump on please DJI listen:

And don't forget that gimbal quick up/down button
2019-1-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 1-23 18:09
And don't forget that gimbal quick up/down button

i think that can definitely be done with an App update since app can control the gimbal direction and speed of it, dji could just add a few lines of code to the app for instant down and up
2019-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats MA
2019-1-24
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Agree 100% about MA being DJI's best travel drone, it packs a punch for such a small package. The battery life is excellent compared to Spark, and if you invested in the FlyMore you have more time than you need on 3 full batteries. I don't find the noise to be too intrusive, sure, up close it lets you know it is there but not too far off the ground it is very hard to hear. Occusync would be nice but I typically don't fly more than a couple of hundred metres away so wifi connection and video transmission has never been an issue. Happy birthday Mavic Air, I am glad I bought one
2019-1-24
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

After nearly a year with this drone, I do now start to see where it holds back, but I still love this drone.  I used to think the Camera was fabulous, now I pick my shots apart and try to figure out what I could have done better.  Lately I have been doing lots of test shots of the same thing over and over tying know which filter is best for what situation.  Contrasting darks look grainy to me and it’s all I see.  As far as Occusync goes.  I put on a 4hawks SR.  I have never been happier.  I don’t fly any further then the average.  2 ks out and back.  But the transmission lag is all but gone.  I do wish the battery was a bit more robust so I can get more out of one flight, rather than changing batteries.  I have plenty of those.  Upgrading is out of the question as I have too much invested in the MA between extra batteries, filters, controller upgrade.  Then I bought the Osmo Pocket, so fitting that out with accessories has been a timely costly ordeal as well.  I will just sit tight with what I have now, get the most out of it and be happy with it.  
2019-1-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy birthday mavic air, This is still one of my favorite aircraft and I hope that it will serve me well for years to come.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mr Sepo Posted at 1-24 19:24
After nearly a year with this drone, I do now start to see where it holds back, but I still love this drone.  I used to think the Camera was fabulous, now I pick my shots apart and try to figure out what I could have done better.  Lately I have been doing lots of test shots of the same thing over and over tying know which filter is best for what situation.  Contrasting darks look grainy to me and it’s all I see.  As far as Occusync goes.  I put on a 4hawks SR.  I have never been happier.  I don’t fly any further then the average.  2 ks out and back.  But the transmission lag is all but gone.  I do wish the battery was a bit more robust so I can get more out of one flight, rather than changing batteries.  I have plenty of those.  Upgrading is out of the question as I have too much invested in the MA between extra batteries, filters, controller upgrade.  Then I bought the Osmo Pocket, so fitting that out with accessories has been a timely costly ordeal as well.  I will just sit tight with what I have now, get the most out of it and be happy with it.

All drones will have limits and there will always be something better out there, but when you make the most of what you have you can show the real potential of this little drone warts and all.
2019-1-25
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-23 04:25
It is a great travel drone, the only thing I wish it could be that it would have is an ocusync instead of wifi connection.

I agree, it's a great travel drone. When I travel for work, I always throw it in the pickup.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-25 00:01
Happy birthday mavic air, This is still one of my favorite aircraft and I hope that it will serve me well for years to come.

I believe it will, it has an ideal form factor for travelling great camera some really good features, yes it would be nice if we could see new props that might make it a bit quieter and some more optimized FW, but for me I get a great buzz out of flying it, and can always depend on reasonably good video and great photos.
2019-1-26
Use props
Speedbird84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307762 ft
Belgium

I have mine a few weeks now and really like it a lot. For me its the perfect travel drone. Flight time is good for the most of the shots I want to take.
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules