Drone Owners-Operators and Idiots
639 7 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You know what really grinds my gears? Drone owners-operators that are complete idiots. Those that knowingly break FAA rules/ regulations and the laws when it comes to recreational drones and their operation. Ruins it for the rest of us. One day they will put such strick regulations on the rest of us that are responsible pilots all because of these idiots. Those of us that do follow the rules. Not to mention what these idiots can do to property and the injuries they can cause. I hope they catch whoever this dambass is and throw him or her under the jail. There got it off my chest. Safe and responsible flying everyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/n ... _term=.4de76bccf8e4
2019-1-23
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel you man. I was not happy to know about the incident.
2019-1-23
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

What grinds my gears even more are the "right wing" types who will cry their constitutional rights are violated because the government won't let them do whatever they want with their "property". All these news reports are "fake news" and there's no evidence, just hearsay.
2019-1-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

"No further sightings"  That was the statement in the article.......IMHO, flying at 3500' 20 miles from their landing point, the pilot is quoted as saying he saw the drone go by off his wing 30ft out........YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING GO BY 30ft out when traveling 250knots or more!!!   Could have been a balloon from Sea World that got away from a little kid!

Once that was reported, don't we all think that Teterboro would have had eyes and Binocs looking everywhere for a "drone" or other object??

Randy
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're always recommending our customers to use the drone in a recommended environment and always be responsible for flying their drone, due to that their action may affect to the other users in the drone community. Abiding by our local policies should be on our priority list when using the drones. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-1-23
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

They will never find who did this cause it never happened!    Just doesn't add up!
2019-1-23
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Thank you for providing a reasonable response to this situation. I am extremely annoyed that this happened but the composure you kept while presenting this is excellent. I commend you for this, as it is better to reason out your arguments than to simply attack a person's character. I agree wholeheartedly, and hope that justice can be dealt out to prevent such unprofessional behaviour by unexperienced/"macho, I'll do what I want" pilots and furthermore prevent accidents in the future.

2019-1-25
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Idiots I can understand, they are just people looking for a village to inhabit.
Unfortunately, stupid people are everywhere
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules