12Next >
1609 43 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706739 ft
United Kingdom

Probably a silly question but could someone explain why these photos appear "grainy"?
Drone arrived yesterday, took it for its first flight today and all photos were taken in 'Auto' mode.

Thanks! IMG_8016.JPG IMG_8024.JPG IMG_8015.JPG
2019-1-23
Use props
TomThomson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2383960 ft
Switzerland

Hi, I'm not sure but it looks like a very high ISO. Unfortunately your uploaded pictures lost all relevant EXIF informations so please check the photos on your device. As far as I remember there it's possible to set the ISO manually even in Auto mode ...
2019-1-23
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Did you load the images directly from the SD card?
2019-1-23
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Celsus Posted at 1-23 12:22
Did you load the images directly from the SD card?

No it was saved onto the drone's internal storage and then dowloaded from the DJI Go 4 app
2019-1-23
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TomThomson Posted at 1-23 11:59
Hi, I'm not sure but it looks like a very high ISO. Unfortunately your uploaded pictures lost all relevant EXIF informations so please check the photos on your device. As far as I remember there it's possible to set the ISO manually even in Auto mode ...

Thanks, will give it another go tomorrow and see if helps!
2019-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I presume they are from the app and not the internal storage/micro SD &/or your ISO was set way over 100. Set your camera settings to manual and ensure that ISO is at 100 in day light conditions. If this is from the card and your ISO was 100 I would return the drone as faulty.
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-23 12:54
No it was saved onto the drone's internal storage and then dowloaded from the DJI Go 4 app

You will see better copies on sd card, one thing I will mention is your photos show a crooked horizon, it’s very easy fixed, just do a gimbal calibration, you’ll find it in your app . Make sure to do on a completely level surface.
2019-1-23
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-23 12:58
I presume they are from the app and not the internal storage/micro SD &/or your ISO was set way over 100. Set your camera settings to manual and ensure that ISO is at 100 in day light conditions. If this is from the card and your ISO was 100 I would return the drone as faulty.

The photos were stored on the internal storage and then downloaded off the app.  Will give it another go with manual camera settings.  Thanks for the help
2019-1-23
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 13:09
You will see better copies on sd card, one thing I will mention is your photos show a crooked horizon, it’s very easy fixed, just do a gimbal calibration, you’ll find it in your app . Make sure to do on a completely level surface.

I'll have another go.  And I noticed that too, glad it's an easy fix! Thanks for the help
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to that, yes they're correct about it. Make sure the files come from the SD card to make sure you have the original file.
2019-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-23 13:26
The photos were stored on the internal storage and then downloaded off the app.  Will give it another go with manual camera settings.  Thanks for the help

Connect the type C data cable to the type C port in the drone then the USB to your computer and import the files directly from the drone internal storage to your computer - don't use the photos/footage from the app as that is recorded from the live transmission feed over ocusync 2 and not sd
2019-1-24
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-24 00:00
Connect the type C data cable to the type C port in the drone then the USB to your computer and import the files directly from the drone internal storage to your computer - don't use the photos/footage from the app as that is recorded from the live transmission feed over ocusync 2 and not sd

Still not sure if there's as much clarity as I would've thought, what do you think?
2019-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-24 06:14
[view_image]

Still not sure if there's as much clarity as I would've thought, what do you think?

Looks great - just define it a bit in post to sharpen the image if that's your goal.
2019-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Indeed best to work via PC.
The app does add compression.
2019-1-24
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-24 09:26
Looks great - just define it a bit in post to sharpen the image if that's your goal.
[view_image]

Wow looks really good, thanks I will give it a go
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-24 11:39
Indeed best to work via PC.
The app does add compression.

Okay thank you!
2019-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-1-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-25 02:01
Wow looks really good, thanks I will give it a go

My pleasure - most of the amazing stills and footage you see is rarely straight out of the camera.
2019-1-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They all look quite low resolution...IMO - Sorry.

This one of my images...
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 1-25 12:08
They all look quite low resolution...IMO - Sorry.

This one of my images... [view_image]

Are you saying it's an issue with the camera or ISO? Thanks, and nice photo
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-25 10:56
My pleasure - most of the amazing stills and footage you see is rarely straight out of the camera.

I noticed in my photos and videos that the camera isn't level.  I've calibrated the gimbal numerous times and as you can see from the picture the camera level still isn't straight.  I placed the M2P at the same level as the spirit level, and although it seems minimal it is still very noticeable on pictures/videos.  What do you make of it? I appreciate the help, thanks.
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-25 10:56

Also noticeable here after calibrating the gimbal on another occasion...
2019-1-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We would be able to tell better with an image directly from the SD card not using the app to transfer...would'nt worry about the tilt its very minimal...
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 1-25 14:01
We would be able to tell better with an image directly from the SD card not using the app to transfer...would'nt worry about the tilt its very minimal...

Hi Aerial-Image, the photo of the pier is taken directly off the SD card, opened with Apple Photos and then shared onto the forum, I believe the quality will have been maintained? Thanks!
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-25 13:54
Also noticeable here after calibrating the gimbal on another occasion...[view_image]

If your calibrating on the floor then it’s proba the worse place to calibrate floors are well known for not being through level, you need a very level surface and it’s advisable to use a spirit level to be sure.
2019-1-25
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 14:26
If your calibrating on the floor then it’s proba the worse place to calibrate floors are well known for not being through level, you need a very level surface and it’s advisable to use a spirit level to be sure.

Hi Hallmark007, the first image with the dark background has a spirit level on the floor to show the surface is completely flat, but the gimbal is still not quite level.  Thanks for the reply.
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-25 14:53
Hi Hallmark007, the first image with the dark background has a spirit level on the floor to show the surface is completely flat, but the gimbal is still not quite level.  Thanks for the reply.

I understand that, but shows floor level across that line does it show the same going opposite direction ?
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

These look like either High ISO or these are cache images. Are these from your phone or SD/Internal? Are they RAW or JPG?
2019-1-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-25 14:13
Hi Aerial-Image, the photo of the pier is taken directly off the SD card, opened with Apple Photos and then shared onto the forum, I believe the quality will have been maintained? Thanks!

I think ApplePhotos then is outputting the file with a lower resolution jpg - the FULL jpg file straight from the card are around 10mb , the RAW files are around 40mb - with all the info - what file size is the applephotos image? find the info of the file uploaded  click on it and press ctrl-I.
PS I've never seen the tide in at Southport!! LOL - Been many times...
2019-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-25 13:54
Also noticeable here after calibrating the gimbal on another occasion...[view_image]

Go into the app when the drone is turned on and enter the gimbal settings menu. From there you can do minor manual adjustments to the gimbal alignment though this looks very minor to me.
2019-1-26
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a direct link to my untouched direct SD card jpg - IMAGE - You can zoom in further..
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-25 16:56
These look like either High ISO or these are cache images. Are these from your phone or SD/Internal? Are they RAW or JPG?

These are directly from the SD card, and are JPG images
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 1-26 00:21
I think ApplePhotos then is outputting the file with a lower resolution jpg - the FULL jpg file straight from the card are around 10mb , the RAW files are around 40mb - with all the info - what file size is the applephotos image? find the info of the file uploaded  click on it and press ctrl-I.
PS I've never seen the tide in at Southport!! LOL - Been many times...

Must be a lower resolution as it's displaying 5.9mb.  What would you recommend is the best way to maintain the quality when saving/sharing a file to local storage?

Yes it's rare but it was a good time to get a few pictures.  Small world!
Screenshot 2019-01-26 at 11.22.43.png
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-26 00:45
Go into the app when the drone is turned on and enter the gimbal settings menu. From there you can do minor manual adjustments to the gimbal alignment though this looks very minor to me.

Thanks A CW, I will give it a go - Really appreciate the help!
2019-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-26 03:21
Thanks A CW, I will give it a go - Really appreciate the help!

No probs - always welcome
2019-1-26
Use props
fans1f419c83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3058 ft
United States

As others said, the iso is probably high, learn the exposure triangle and do your best to create sharp and clean images. Second the app is gonna compress them into jpeg and lower quality too
2019-1-26
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-26 03:21
Must be a lower resolution as it's displaying 5.9mb.  What would you recommend is the best way to maintain the quality when saving/sharing a file to local storage?

Yes it's rare but it was a good time to get a few pictures.  Small world!

Info looks ok... I use Lightroom&Photoshop - Processed on the desktop/imac using images taken from the SD card direct - Not using the Go app in anyway.
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans1f419c83 Posted at 1-26 08:34
As others said, the iso is probably high, learn the exposure triangle and do your best to create sharp and clean images. Second the app is gonna compress them into jpeg and lower quality too

Will do - thanks
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 1-26 08:54
Info looks ok... I use Lightroom&Photoshop - Processed on the desktop/imac using images taken from the SD card direct - Not using the Go app in anyway.

Okay, will take it out again when the weather improves and have another look - Thanks for the help
2019-1-26
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 1-26 08:54
Info looks ok... I use Lightroom&Photoshop - Processed on the desktop/imac using images taken from the SD card direct - Not using the Go app in anyway.

Okay, will take it out again when the weather improves and have another look - Thanks for the help
2019-1-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules