Advise on Osmo trakcing and motorsport
950 2 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobsang
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone can advise the osmo tracking ability for outdoor karting.
Karts hit speeds of 110kmh and the track length can be from 700 m to 900m.
The position of filming would usually be in a starters tower.

I've previously tried a Solo shot for filming, but this requires an armband to be worn by drivers (Which is a pain to hand to the next class and get a volunteer)

Can anyone advise if the Osmo would be able to track either 1 kart or the lead pack action reliably.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The size of different objects is uncertain, making it hard to estimate the exact distance. The initialization box is required to be no less than 1/10 of the screen size, however, the maximum distance of head-and-shoulder track is 5 meters. I'm afraid that the Osmo Pocket couldn't keep the Kart on track due to speed and distance as well as the object. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-24
Use props
Lobsang
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks

Perhaps one of the cameras on the market that uses a tracking band (maybe this is what you meant by armband) to track a specific rider would work better.. but still its never going to know who the leader is and follow them.
Yes, the soloshot had an GPS Tag which is attached to an armband

I've been wanting to explore a more generic solution for both recording and live streaming, as tracking on 1 driver is of limited use.
I might need to look more into fixed position cameras with automatic switching.

2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules