Mavic Pro Camera Shake
9226 24 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Everyone,
I've encountered a "camera shake" problem with my mavic pro. I noticed this problem a few weeks ago filming, so I sent it in to a local drone repair shop to have it looked at. I was told there was nothing wrong with it, and if I kept encountering the same problem to send it in to DJI.

Information on the drone:
-Purchased brand new just over a month ago
-No crashes or accidents
-Performed an IMU, compass, and gimbal calibration - no resolution
-Thought that the sticker on top of the camera was causing this, no change after removing it
-Flown in both low/ high wind environments with no change
-Temperature also has no effect

Is there any thing else that could be causing this? I even tried a brand new SD card in the event that it was a bad card. The only other option I have not exercised (other than sending it in) is a downgrade in firmware. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

I have attached a link to the video I made showing the problem. Sorry if it's poor quality.

Thanks!

2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

Video link:
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jbenner, we are sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted into three hooks properly. Did you try to refresh the firmware? Does the issue happen in every flight? How about shooting indoors? Thanks for more details.
2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 18:25
Hi Jbenner, we are sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted into three hooks properly. Did you try to refresh the firmware? Does the issue happen in every flight? How about shooting indoors? Thanks for more details.

Hi,

The vibration absorbing board is mounted correctly. I recently had the drone looked at by a local drone repair shop and they found nothing. The problem persists with virtually every flight. I have not flown indoors before, though am not sure how that would change much. I have yet to refresh the firmware, I'm worried it could be something more than that. That said, if you think this could resolve my problem I'm more than willing to try. Thanks
2019-1-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Looks like a video problem, not the gimbal.
2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 1-23 18:40

Do you know how I would fix this?
2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 1-23 18:40

2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jbenner Posted at 1-23 18:31
Hi,

The vibration absorbing board is mounted correctly. I recently had the drone looked at by a local drone repair shop and they found nothing. The problem persists with virtually every flight. I have not flown indoors before, though am not sure how that would change much. I have yet to refresh the firmware, I'm worried it could be something more than that. That said, if you think this could resolve my problem I'm more than willing to try. Thanks

I don't mean to fly indoors, just would like to verify if it is related to the low temperature. Shooting indoors without taking off is fine. May I verify what is the temperature outdoors? Do the image transmission and the original footage in the SD card both have the same issue?
2019-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I had similar with my Pro, changed the props and it fixed the issues. If 1 prop is slightly unbalanced it can cause a vibration/jello like effect
2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

Suren Posted at 1-23 19:40
I had similar with my Pro, changed the props and it fixed the issues. If 1 prop is slightly unbalanced it can cause a vibration/jello like effect

Okay thanks! The props are virtually brand new with no damage. Did you switch front with back / back with front? Or 4 new props for the drone entirely? Thanks
2019-1-23
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 19:11
I don't mean to fly indoors, just would like to verify if it is related to the low temperature. Shooting indoors without taking off is fine. May I verify what is the temperature outdoors? Do the image transmission and the original footage in the SD card both have the same issue?

Oh sorry, I have not fully tested filming indoors but from what i've noticed the problem is just outdoors while filming in air. The temp doesn't seem to matter, some days its been below -5C, and others +5..
Yes, I notice the lapse in video live while flying, and also when reviewing it from the SD card. I may try to switch propellers and do a downgrade / upgrade in firmware. If no luck I'll have to send it in for warranty repair.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jbenner Posted at 1-23 20:17
Oh sorry, I have not fully tested filming indoors but from what i've noticed the problem is just outdoors while filming in air. The temp doesn't seem to matter, some days its been below -5C, and others +5..
Yes, I notice the lapse in video live while flying, and also when reviewing it from the SD card. I may try to switch propellers and do a downgrade / upgrade in firmware. If no luck I'll have to send it in for warranty repair.

Thanks for your clarification, please try to switch the propellers and refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists, your concern will also be forwarded to our engineers for analysis.
2019-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Jbenner Posted at 1-23 20:13
Okay thanks! The props are virtually brand new with no damage. Did you switch front with back / back with front? Or 4 new props for the drone entirely? Thanks

i did a prop balance test and found 1 rear prop unbalanced and just changed that one.
2019-1-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think it’s the props.
Make sure that you are using genuine DJI props.
Just change them all to the new ones, that should fix the issue!

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Jbenner Posted at 1-23 18:42

Any time I've ever had any sort of glitch in the video, I've landed and rebooted everything.  It has happened only once or twice.  What I see as a video problem on yours does not seem constant enough to be a prop.  If it were a balance/vibration problem, it would be continuous and probably variable due to the changing phase relationship between motors.  That relationship would be constantly changing due to different rpm from one motor to the next at any given moment.
2019-1-24
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 1-24 06:26
Any time I've ever had any sort of glitch in the video, I've landed and rebooted everything.  It has happened only once or twice.  What I see as a video problem on yours does not seem constant enough to be a prop.  If it were a balance/vibration problem, it would be continuous and probably variable due to the changing phase relationship between motors.  That relationship would be constantly changing due to different rpm from one motor to the next at any given moment.

Makes sense. Unfortunately this affects me nearly every flight or else I would just land and reboot everything. Thanks!
2019-1-24
Use props
Alienvlg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 686926 ft

Russia

I have the same problem. Plz help.
2020-2-9
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

Alienvlg Posted at 2-9 22:47
I have the same problem. Plz help.

Hi, I had to send it in for repair. Nothing you can really do on your own. The technician said there was a problem with the camera and replaced it all (under warranty). Best of luck!
2020-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Suren Posted at 2019-1-23 19:40

good advice Suren,  
2020-2-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Could you tell me what kind of SD card that you are using?
2020-2-11
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

There is a lot of things that you can do with your 10 fingers!  Look at YT videos !!!
2020-2-11
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Micato Posted at 2-11 15:57
There is a lot of things that you can do with your 10 fingers!  Look at YT videos !!!

My opinion, your drone did crash someware. I hope you will find IT !!!!
2020-2-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Glad you got it fixed.  For others with the same issue or similar, I'd recommend downloading a fresh install of the software and installing it.  Anytime I see any glitches in video when I take off and hover, I bring it all back to the ground, shut it all down, reboot everything, and try again.  Always fixes things (but I've only had to do it a couple of times).
2020-2-12
Use props
Alienvlg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 686926 ft

Russia

Jbenner Posted at 2-10 16:30
Hi, I had to send it in for repair. Nothing you can really do on your own. The technician said there was a problem with the camera and replaced it all (under warranty). Best of luck!

This is not a solution to the problem. It's like buying a new Mavic. The new camera is 25% of the total price.
2020-2-13
Use props
Jbenner
lvl.1
Canada

Alienvlg Posted at 2-13 21:09
This is not a solution to the problem. It's like buying a new Mavic. The new camera is 25% of the total price.

Believe me, my first thought was not just to send it in. I tried virtually everything I could.  Although, if nothing works, what other options do you have?  At some point you have to send it in - which is a solution to the problem
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules