Fuji X-T3 support
3500 18 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrettMartin
lvl.1
United States

Please add support for the Fuji X-T3 to Ronin S. I shoot weddings with this combo and it is very akward to start/stop the camera.

Thankfully the camera has two ways to start/stop. USB-C and the old school tiny headphone style jack that all of the older Canon and other cameras have. Touch two wires together to focus and touch the other two to start/stop/shutter.

I tried the included USB-C cable with no luck. I also tried the Black Magic adapter with hopes that it would work (because it fit) on the camera or on my Ninja V. It turns out BM has a different protocol than the Ninja LANC and the "dumb" remote connnection on the Fuji.

At least one company has figured out how to start, stop, focus, and change exposure for X-T3 via USB (https://www.thephoblographer.com ... -fujifilm-platform/)

I would be happy with even a dumb start/stop connection. I'm sure others would be too as this would work on *any* camera that uses this old remote connection.

Please consider adding the X-T3 to your list of cameras to add support for. It is one of the top selling cameras of 2018 and highest rated mirrorless bodies.

2019-1-23
Use props
Rmb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81883 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently switched from Sony to Fuji, specifically the X-T3 and would love to see support for this. I've ordered a Ronin S and it's on its way!
2019-1-25
Use props
BrettMartin
lvl.1
United States

I tried the BMCC remote connector and that didn't work. I am considering trying the Panasonic connector as it's protocol is the most similar to the Fuji. The Panasonic protocol uses two wires, 3v and a few resisters to tell the camera what to do. I assume the Fuji remote uses a full 3v on ST and SR of the TRS to control the camera but I will look into these voltages further. It may be trivial to at least rewire the panasonic connector so it start/stops the fuji regardless of full/half press signal being sent.

I am also looking into the Arri protocol as I believe it may be a similar 3-pin protocol. I really don't want to buy the $100 adapter to try it out though.

Why DJI can't make a dumb cable that would make Fuji and nearly ALL canon cameras compatible instantly is beyond me.
2019-1-30
Use props
mehmetkocaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69140 ft
Turkey

I am also fuji user i wish you would add support for fuji cameras also have a nice day
2019-4-3
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

more one Xt3 user waiting...
2019-4-3
Use props
LeBaum
New
Flight distance : 121683 ft
France

Please add X-T3...
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, Ronin-S will support Fuji X-T3 via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
IvicaNS
lvl.1
Serbia

+1 here to add support to xt3!!
2019-4-24
Use props
kostasgur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016867 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Another one here waiting for X-T3 support, the best APS-C camera!
2019-5-7
Use props
Hadre
New
Germany

... and another one is waiting for it and I hope it will come soon. Fuji cameras have the same importance as Sony, Nikon .... I think technically it should not be a problem. It would be a pity if we have to do without some function with the Ronin-S.
2019-6-30
Use props
Daniiii
lvl.2

Spain

... And another one waiting for this firmware update...
2019-7-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daniiii Posted at 7-1 02:35
... And another one waiting for this firmware update...

The new firmware does not need to accomplish much.  Just the record button would be of significant help.

Donald Barar
2019-7-1
Use props
rremingt
New

United States

Yet another X-T3 shooter anxiously awaiting the promised firmware upgrade.
2019-7-1
Use props
Daniiii
lvl.2

Spain

https://www.dji.com/es/trailer#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=loki-teaser

It seems that a DJI is going to release a new stabilizer before having the promised update for our Ronin-S.
I understand that DJI as a company wants to gain market to other competing companies, releasing new products, but I believe to be 'market leader' it is also important to take care and listen to the feedback of users... And we all know that this Ronin-S still needs development (like the lock mode issues), something that you have been promising for months, (regardless we do not know if we will finally have support for brands like Fuji).
Now, it seems that the price drop of a few months ago may be related to leaving the development of this Ronin-S and move to the next model.

I hope I'm 100% wrong.
2019-7-16
Use props
quentinsf
New
United Kingdom

Just adding another of those "Yes, please, I'd love this too!" messages...
2019-7-16
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

New Ronin SC have Fujifilm support!!! DJI and Ronin S users?
2019-7-17
Use props
fistolo
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 23:34
Hi all, Ronin-S will support Fuji X-T3 via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.

now that the Ronin-SC has been released, I hope the X-T3 firmware update will not be aborted
2019-7-17
Use props
PatrikO
lvl.1
Iceland

knowing that Ronin-SC do support X-T3 while there is still no update for Ronin-S is very frustrating... I would love to hear detailed explanation where is the problem with S and how they managed to work it on SC.
2019-7-18
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PatrikO Posted at 7-18 10:36
knowing that Ronin-SC do support X-T3 while there is still no update for Ronin-S is very frustrating... I would love to hear detailed explanation where is the problem with S and how they managed to work it on SC.

Hi PatrikO:

The Ronin SC only supports taking a photograph with the X-T3.  In another thread, DJI is claiming the reason that the Ronin S/SC does no support record on/off in the X-T3 is that Fuji SDK does not support record on/off.

I have written to Fuji to make request that Fuji SDK support record on/off.  It would be terrific if you and others would make the same request of Fuji in your home countries.

Sincerely,

Donald Barar
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules