dji warranty repairs take a long darn time..
2935 49 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-14 03:47
Hi Mindy - I received a signed document from Pioneer Freight that shows that the shipment arrived and has been accepted by iFlight Technology Co. I don't want to share the document on the public forum. Will it help if I send it to you somewhere else?

No need to send me the document, the drone has been received and evaluated, the quotation email will be sent to your dealer very soon, I'm sure your dealer will contact you.
2019-2-14
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-14 19:30
No need to send me the document, the drone has been received and evaluated, the quotation email will be sent to your dealer very soon, I'm sure your dealer will contact you.

Thank you. I will follow up with them.
2019-2-15
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi Mindy

I see the case has now been updated, and it shows that this will be a free "repair". Why would there be a quotation email for a free repair?
I expected it to be free, given the nature of the problem and that the MP2 is basically brand new and doesn't have the slightest bit of wear and tear.

From a customer support perspective - what I don't understand, is why DJI didn't just approve a replacement... clearly they sold me a defective product. I guess that will be a losing battle with both the local vendor and DJI.

At the very least, please assist in expediting the "free" repair and testing process as far as possible.

The shipping to China/Hong Kong took exactly 1 month, and I will be leaving for the Philippines in exactly 1 month - so if the shipment takes just as long to come back, I won't have the MP2 back in time. This upcoming trip was the reason why I bought this expensive toy in the first place.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-15 04:42
Hi Mindy

I see the case has now been updated, and it shows that this will be a free "repair". Why would there be a quotation email for a free repair?

Quotation is one part of the repair progress and free quotation will be sent if it is a warranty case. We'll send the package out as soon as the unit repaired, please note our website for the future update.
2019-2-15
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-15 22:53
Quotation is one part of the repair progress and free quotation will be sent if it is a warranty case. We'll send the package out as soon as the unit repaired, please note our website for the future update.

Thank you Mindy.

At least it seems the repair, testing and quality assurance process was quick.

Out of curiosity - is there any way to obtain information on exactly what they repaired?
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-18 01:16
Thank you Mindy.

At least it seems the repair, testing and quality assurance process was quick.

The quotation email has been sent to your dealer, please ask them to transfer the email to you, thanks.
2019-2-18
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
South Africa

Received an update from the vendor in Cape Town today.

They said if everything goes well with customs clearance, then I'm looking at delivery back in SA on 26/02/2019.

That would make the total turnaround time for repair 41 days.

Considering that I've only had my MP2 in my posession for 28 days, that's a significant amount of time (and about a month and a half of my 1 year warranty gone).

Holding thumbs that nothing else is broken/scratched/bent/not working when i receive the unit back - i've seen some other horror stories about things happening in transit...

I also had to ask for it multiple times, but the pro-forma invoice from the repair people reads as follows:

"After carrying out the damage assessment, we found that the Core Board is damaged. Due to under warranty, DJI will provide free repair service"

I suspect the board was damaged from day 1 and I just never knew until I had to re-link the RC with the MP2.

I had multiple successful flights over the first three weeks and absolutely no issues and on top of that always handled my MP2 like a precious little snowflake.

I'm happy that the turnaround time was quick once DJI received it, but I'm really disappointed in the failure to begin with - not to mention that I have no idea what they did during the "repair".

For all I know I'm now going to fly around with an even older/refurbished "core board".
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-21 06:26
Received an update from the vendor in Cape Town today.

They said if everything goes well with customs clearance, then I'm looking at delivery back in SA on 26/02/2019.

Thanks for keeping us updated. We'll keep learning and improve the experience in the future. Hope you receive the package soon.
2019-2-22
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-22 01:05
Thanks for keeping us updated. We'll keep learning and improve the experience in the future. Hope you receive the package soon.

Thanks Mindy. This will be my last post regarding this (unless there are issues after the repair).

The package already made it back and has been signed for by the vendor.

I'd like to add that this was incredible service by DHL - all the way from Hong Kong to Cape town in just two days!

That compared to just over a month in the opposite direction.

I guess the vendor and their preferred courier/freight company are to blame for most of the delays.

I might as well name them - I'm looking at you ORMS Cape Town and Freight Logistics. More than 42 days since checking in the item, (of which 1 month was in transit)... ridiculous!

Thanks again for the help Mindy (and apologies to the other members if I somewhat hijacked this thread!)
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-22 12:37
Thanks Mindy. This will be my last post regarding this (unless there are issues after the repair).

The package already made it back and has been signed for by the vendor.

Glad to know you will get it soon, please keep me updated if you have any further concern, we are always here to help.
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules