Cheap props - caveat emptor!
370 5 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

I know, I know, seen it time and time again "only use genuine DJI propellers" but I can't resist a "bargain" and wanted to see how bad cheap propellers could actually be.

Bought some low noise ones for about 1/4 price of genuine ones. They looked pretty good and fitted fine. However, as soon as I powered up, I could see the vibration. Took the drone into the air (only a couple of feet up) and it was shaking so badly that I got a gimbal vibration warning. Suffice to say, wasn't going to take it any higher with them, so swapped them out for the genuine ones I'd bought at the same time.

On a side note, thought I'd practice hand catching once airborne with the genuine propellers. Watching it descend at full speed, you can clearly see the drone being affected by the dirty air - you can see why the rate of descent is limited.

2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day spandit. Thank you for sharing this experience with us today. Just a friendly reminder to please purchase only genuine DJI accessories to avoid unwanted incidents while using or flying you drone. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-24
Use props
spandit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-24 07:36
Hello and good day spandit. Thank you for sharing this experience with us today. Just a friendly reminder to please purchase only genuine DJI accessories to avoid unwanted incidents while using or flying you drone. Thank you for your support.

I can see why now. Will do!
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

spandit Posted at 1-24 08:49
I can see why now. Will do!

You are always welcome spandit. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wish they would make some serrated, razor sharp Titanium blades for Mavic Pro.  
Cause, hedge trimming with regular blades...  Well they just don't cut it.
2019-1-24
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

I have low noise genuine dji and there fine and i also have the Master Air Screw orange blades and there fine to....don't buy hong kong fuey ones not worth it...
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules