1601 7 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2647756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone suggest a case for iPhone 7 plus that will work with the OSMO Pocket?  Currently, I have to remove the case before attaching to the OP.  I’m thinking a case that only attaches to the bottom corners would do the trick, but I can’t find one.

Thanks!

Ray Jay

2019-1-24
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

i have the same issue with my iPhone SE, when in a case. I sometimes use an Apple Lightening to USB-C cable so I don't have to remove the case. Of course, this means you have to hold both units. You can also use a Lightning extension cable, and the  side connector of the OP. I have not seen a case the will solve the issue for me.
2019-1-24
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

You can try this adapter.  I have an Otterbox case and it works.  I will recommend also buying a phone/osmo pocket bracket to keep the OP tightened and secured.   

https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Cellularize-Lifeproof-Otterbox-Available/dp/B07418ZM96/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548340506&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=lighting+extendion+adapter
2019-1-24
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Good suggestions.  I have the tripod/handle bracket, which works nicely with the OP.   Being an accessory nut, I will likely order the extenders noted by Mr. Joemar7.  .  I also found a case by Mophie on Amazon that is open on the bottem, so it will probably work, as well.  

FYI, I bought a small male to female USBc extender which I use to connect the DJI bluetooth unit when the OP is mounted in the simple, but excellent,  bracket offered on ebay.

Ray Jay
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hopefully, you could get the best recommendation on where you could purchase the case on your mobile device. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-24
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

FWIW, I have my iPhone 6+ in a case from these guys....
https://www.quadlockcase.com/

The case is pretty thin and I did have some trouble maintaining a solid connect with it on when I initially purchased the OP. But I have filed out the opening of the case somewhat and it seems to be a lot better. I probably need to do a little more, but my goal is to use the OP as a standalone device as much as possible, so haven't been too worried about it  lately.

Having to modify a case probably isn't ideal, but I doubt anyone would notice what I've done to mine.
2019-1-24
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

How about just buying an Apple silicone or leather case. They are all open at the bottom. I use a similar case on my iPhone XS Max and it works perfectly with the OP. Here's the case I'm using: https://www.burkleycase.com/full ... sed-antique-coffee/
2019-1-24
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ray Jay Posted at 1-24 07:10
Good suggestions.  I have the tripod/handle bracket, which works nicely with the OP.   Being an accessory nut, I will likely order the extenders noted by Mr. Joemar7.  .  I also found a case by Mophie on Amazon that is open on the bottem, so it will probably work, as well.  

FYI, I bought a small male to female USBc extender which I use to connect the DJI bluetooth unit when the OP is mounted in the simple, but excellent,  bracket offered on ebay.

I tested the Mophie Hold Force Base case ($10 on Amazon) and two lightning extenders (also $10 on Amazon).

Of the two options, the case worked the best by far (first picture).   I was able to attach to the OP without removing the case.  The extenders, on the other hand, were a bit to long and unstable, IMO (second picture).

Ray Jay
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules